2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Post by Mr. Broken »

You know the drill. If you have a strong opinion about the rules, the League, players, or coaches state it. If you have a gripe ....ummm gripe it. If you are just looking to get under the skin of your most hated rival fanclub, please feel free to use this thread to do just that. Im sure I dont need to remind anyone that all of the Watch's rules of conduct apply here, but that will only keep the smack talk smart, and clean. Unless your a Steeler's fan. Just kidding, but not really.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Questions for Pete Carroll:
  • Tarvaris Jackson? Really??

OK, Matt Hasselbeck had seen better days, but is this the best you could do?

Yes, Clipboard J-sus (Charlie Whitehurst) does not inspire a lot of faith,
    but so far he looks much better than TJ...not that saying so is much of an endorsement.

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of genius?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

I like the Saints this year.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I'm not sure I like the kickoffs from the 35 yard line. According to the broadcast guys, it's to protect special teams players by limiting kickoff returns. If that's the case, why have a kickoff at all? Just give them the ball at the 20......
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I hate the new Kick Off rule, its very frustrating to teams like the Browns who just spent 23 million dollars paying Josh Cribbs to return Kick Offs. Now Im hearing rumours that the extra point is also endangered.
STOP tweaking the rules, enforce the one's you have.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

During this pre-season I became aware of an NFL tradition that I hadnt noticed in previous years. I did not know that it is customary for the head coaches of opposing teams to call each other before games (pre-season) , and discuss how the game will be played , and what their teaching objectives are for the game. The other part of the tradition is kind of scary because if the call is not made then its like declaring open season on your own players. Last night the Browns sat 18 of their 22 starters for the game versus the Bears. I wonder how that call went, or if it was made at all.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

the new kick-off reals are stupid. why take away a chance to score and add exitement? oh yeah, so the owners can claim they did something to limit concussions.

Saints to win it all.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Yeah the new kickoff rules do suc!!! So much for seeing those explosive special teams returns.

Ah well.. not sure who I like yet this year. Pre-season is frustrating because you really dont get a feel for how the first string is going to do.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Null, you're a genius. And if this post is seen as in any way self serving, well I'm shocked.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote:the new kick-off reals are stupid. why take away a chance to score and add exitement? oh yeah, so the owners can claim they did something to limit concussions.

Saints to win it all.
You are correct, sir. If they really wanted to do something about concussions they would throw away current helmet design/theory [and much of the other gear, too] and go with construction that works. At least half the damn concussions [probably a lot more than that] are CAUSED by the damn helmets.

Saints not all, but will likely make the final four...but I think the Packers repeat.

Whip/Rant: I'm not a Patriots fan...but I have to ask WTF would you have a QB like Brady, and NOT hire the people [players/sub-coaches] that can't even keep opponents from beating the crap out of him?
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

I don't think they name coordinators because they're always immediately hired as head coach somewhere else. Belichek is a victim of his own success.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well, now that there won't be any special teams problems this year the CHARGERS will RULE!!! 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Brady's a crybaby who can't take a hit.

The new kickoff rule blows, and still the ridiculous sudden death overtime hasn't been addressed.

And I totally agree about the gear Vraith. They either need to play without it (not happening), or redesign it so it works.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

in the Saints game, Woodson punches Dave Thomas - rules state automatic ejection. did the refs forget this?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Battle of Ohio pt.1 Sunday. Browns will smoke those Cats.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

.... or just choke as usual.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

What? That was suppose to be a sure win! Go figure, trust a Cleveland team and get disappointed.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

What has Brown done for you lately?

As for the Seahawks today, my questions for Pete Carroll (see the second post in this thread) still remain unanswered. There were fleeting moments in the second half when it appeared the Seahawks would find their cadence and catch fire...but no.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the Ravens destroying the Steelers was the biggest surprise today, imho.

and if the Colts are this bad without Payton, he deserves mvp this year.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Cam Newton... words fail me.

Return to “Sports”