2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I just threw up a lot in my mouth. You're killing me, 'Weez.

Giants will lose to the 49ers. And then all will be right in the world.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Almost right, WF. Niners need to win one more after that...then everything will be golden.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

... you know, I could live with that. :)
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Pats beat Ravens...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Absolutely, Sarge.
Win, the Ravens...nevermore!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

sgt.null wrote:Pats beat Ravens...
Don't count on it. The Pats had an incredibly easy schedule this year, and only beat one team with a winning record this year (even their playoff win last week was against a .500 team). This is not the 2007 team, not even close.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Cail wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Pats beat Ravens...
Don't count on it. The Pats had an incredibly easy schedule this year, and only beat one team with a winning record this year (even their playoff win last week was against a .500 team). This is not the 2007 team, not even close.
I hate to agree with the bird lover, but I do. I judge these type of games on star power. It seems to be as accurate as any other means of prediction. For example.

Patriots
Tom Brady ( perhaps the best QB ever )
Wes Welker ( the definition of a possession receiver)
The Gronk ( good hands, and very difficult to stop once he reaches the open field.)

Ravens
Ray Lewis ( legend)
Ed Reed. ( legend)
Ray Rice ( very capable back, who I believe leads the league in rushing yardage)
Terrell Suggs ( graduate of Ball So Hard university )

Honorable mentions. Boldin, Ngata, Flacco

Based on a star weight scale, the Ravens outweigh the Patriots.

It should also be considered that Brady has never needed star receivers to do major damage, but I believe that if the Ravens can keep this from becoming a shoot out , keep Brady on the side lines , control the clock with the run game, and pressure the QB, they will eventually win the day. In fact , I'll take both road teams today. I've been wrong before.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Alright I was wrong but I don't think anyone could have predicted that the Ravens would out pass the Pats, or that the Pats would beat the Ravens with tough defense, and a rushing attack. What a great game.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I like a close game...
Lots i could say, but 2 things will say: Moore should get a couple million bucks for saving the game.
And BALLSY call by ravens on 4th and 6, loved it even if it failed.

No, 3, sorry Cail, but they went down hard anyway.

No, 4, this might show a problem for pats vs. either SF or NY.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Broken, we will see about part two of your prediction. Me, I think there will be another home team win this evening.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Curious, the Raven's made the trip home with a timeout in their pocket? It looked to me as if the kick failed in the rush to get the play off. Why not use that timeout, and take a deep breath?
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

They wanted to try to go for the win rather than the tie. I would not have expected a missed field goal at that distance.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

So am I the only one here who's happy now? :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i am happy. Patriots get a chance at revenge!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It should never have come down to that field goal. I simply don't understand the play calling sometimes, as there were a bunch of times I was scratching my head tinkling, "WTF?".

The NFL got what it wanted, a Giants/Patriots rematch. Looks like I have a free Sunday in February now, as I have no interest in either team.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I've watched more football in the last month than in the rest of my life combined. Seriously. So I don't know what's common and what's not. But it seemed to me that the Giants were trying to lose. How many freakin' penalties did they commit? 5 yards and 1st down every ten minutes!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Flacco outplayed Brady, and Ravens won the TO battle, yet the Pats won anyway. That may bode well for them. Brady was off, can you expect that again? If he hit some of those open receivers, may have won comfortably. Of course, Rodgers had an off day against Giants, as did Smith...

Agree w/cail, play calling for Niners was horrible. I think Gore may have had 2 carries in 4th and OT. They had 150 rushing yds in 3rd quarter then let Smith throw it all over? Just plain idiot play calling. Mix in 2 botched punts and 2 botched picks (including one where they injured their own player, who's backup was beat on Manningham TD) and you get what FF was saying - not that Giants won, but that Niners lost.

I think Pats would've matched up better against Niners, who have poor passing attack, which is Pats' weakness. Instead,
Cybrweez Mon Jan 16 2012 wrote:But now, I think the Giants will beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, again. And I'll hate life here in NJ.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

So ends another season, thanks to everyone who gave their 2 cents, feel free to get your Super Bowl smack in for the big game, as for me I'll be taking a break until the draft.
Wide Eyed Stupid
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yeesh. That Pats game nearly gave me an infarction. Was the game decided by a missed kick? NO. Throughout that game both sides left points on the floor. How many Ravens FGs should have been TDs? How many times did Ravens forfeit a turnover due to a badly timed penalty? How many times were they pushed back out of FG range after being in FG range? The list of things the Ravens failed at are long --- and the Pats have a similar list.

I like Brady's frankness: "I sucked pretty bad today, but our defense saved us".

I don't want to see a Patriots/Giants rematch. No thanks. I barely have my health after yesterday.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Cail wrote:Looks like I have a free Sunday in February now, as I have no interest in either team.
Agreed, sadly...

My Ravens let me down.

Tough game to lose...

Oh well.... PUPPY BOWL TIME.

-jay

Return to “Sports”