2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

So far, so good. :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Vraith wrote:
Cail wrote: Houston is gonna get clobbered by the Patriots.
I think the rest of what you said is probably right. But on this...I THINK without checking the schedule that Houston has to get past Baltimore first...and I have a feeling they won't. [even though I kinda wish they would...for some reason I like this Yates QB].
You're right, I don't know what I was thinking. Houston's gonna get clobbered by the Ravens, and if the current game goes the way it's going, the Broncos are gonna get clobbered by the Patriots.

And my God, any chance the officiating crew has ever heard of a "facemask" penalty? That's the second flagrant one the Steelers have gotten away with.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Smile Mr. Tebow God loves you, and Pittsburgh hates you. Life doesnt offer much better than that.

James Harrison has gone from head hunting, to knee capping, I guess he still doesnt get the whole defenseless receiver concept.

So falls the evil empire.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

So I believe this is what we are left with.

Saints vs. 49'ers @ San Francisco

Giants vs. Packers @ Green Bay

Texans vs. Ravens @ Baltimore

Bronco's vs. Patriots @ New England.

Its a pity my team, as usual takes no part in the playoff's yet again this year. That is not to say they had no effect on the play off's. We did wreck Bens ankle, but we also dropped 2 games, that we should have easily won against the Bengals, thus allowing their brief appearance in the play offs. Over all for the Browns the season was a complete, and utter failure. In the win column they failed to match, let alone exceed last years less than mediocre 5-11 record, finishing 4-12. They have also made a complete debacle out of the resigning of P. Hillis, and the handling of the Colt McCoy concussion.

The front office now admits that not hiring an offensive coordinator in the off season was a mistake. Really?

Anyway good luck to those who still have a dog in the hunt. Even you Cail.
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

A disappointing but expected end to the Falcons season. They continue to only win against mediocre or worse teams and get to the playoffs only to outplayed by the playoff caliber teams.

Things they need to fix for next year. If Atlanta is going to have a running game, then the O line has got to be able to create holes. That's not happening when playing teams with good defenses. Offensive safeties continue to leave receivers open and get led out of their zone by trying too hard to read the QB. Defense has got to get rush the QB's. If you give any halfway decent quarterback enough time, he will find someone open.
I'm also thinking some new blood in the coordinator staff.

Last but not least... Atlanta isn't hungry enough. when the chips are down they continue to fold.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yea, I'd be worried about Matt Ryan in the playoffs as well. Setting up as a big game choker. 0 points? Wow.

Tebow looked pretty good, only 1 terrible pass I saw. And pretty accurate on all those downfield throws. But their defense leaves a lot of guys open, can't stop the run, and missed some picks (offside penalty, Bailey's drop). Big Ben can look great or terrible at any time, even w/in the same game.

Houston looked pretty good, definitely not HS team. With a strong running game, sometimes it pays dividends in 2nd half, which is when they pulled away. When you have shaky QB and rusty Andre Johnson (quite a few drops), you really have to rely on that punishing ground game. If Andre is pissed at his play and becomes a beast, coupled w/potential Flacco poor game (good chance of that), they have a chance. Just shut down Rice.

Niners/Saints will be great defense vs offense. We'll see who can get it done. Hard to really evaluate Saint defense, the Lions are up there w/Saints, Pack and Pats in offense. Stafford threw for 5k, they are big time. I think just b/c its the Lions, people don't think so.

Just glad the Steelers are gone, now the Giants lose and I'm happy. If they beat the Pack, I'll despair. I'd like to see Pats win it all.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Brady v Tebow? Didn't we just do that? Grudge match for the Broncos, surely. Could be an upset if they put more heart into it than the Pats.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Revenge factor could be very strong. But the Denver D will have to play better than it just did.
--Andy

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

The Pats have shown their offense can be limited, if not stopped completely, by a good game plan. They have also shown their own defense is vulnerable both on the ground and in the air.
I don't think Denver will beat them, yet wouldn't be complete shock if they did...but they have to bring their best game and hope the Pats are off their peak.
Almost the same is true for GB and Giants...Giants shouldn't win, but they could [although Aaron isn't as easy to fluster/intimidate as Brady in the rare cases where the rhythm is a little off, and though the stats for GB defense overall are bad [really bad] they are huge on takeaways and big plays]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Im not calling my shot here, but the Giants will be bringing something to Lambeau that doesnt currently reside there. A defense.
Wide Eyed Stupid
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Cybrweez wrote:Revenge factor could be very strong. But the Denver D will have to play better than it just did.
But the Pats often suck after a week off. I just looked, and yes, they got 2 out of this year's 3 L's right after their bye week. Frankly I am a tad concerned now.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

wayfriend wrote:
Cybrweez wrote:Revenge factor could be very strong. But the Denver D will have to play better than it just did.
But the Pats often suck after a week off. I just looked, and yes, they got 2 out of this year's 3 L's right after their bye week. Frankly I am a tad concerned now.
The seed of doubt planted, watered by a week of Tebowmania, and non stop debate on SportsCenter. C'mon man, this is going to be a turkey shoot. Patriots by 2 touchdowns.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yea, I could see Brady being the type that gets pissed at all the Tebowmania, and plays lights out. If he does, Denver can't hang w/that, despite 30 pts against Pitt.

Interesting observation WF - didn't they lose after a bye last year? At home? I don't quite remember, too lazy to look it up too.

EDIT: I meant in the playoffs BTW
--Andy

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

at least Tebow has shut the critics up. he needs a better offensive coordinater. someone who will take advantage of his strengths. in the off season he can work on his short game.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

sgt.null wrote:at least Tebow has shut the critics up. he needs a better offensive coordinater. someone who will take advantage of his strengths. in the off season he can work on his short game.
I disagree, lose to the Steelers and the critics shut up, now he has no choice. Its SuperBowl or bust for Tebowmania.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Got my playoff tickets today. Whoo Hoo!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Speculating on Super Bowl scenario's.

Ravens vs. Niner's = defensive showdown, with smash mouth offense

Patriots vs. Packers = offensive free for all, the Rainbow Connection

and so on ...

what do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

Who do you want to see?

Myself Texans Niners but I cant honestly say I see that happening.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Of course I want the Ravens to go, and I think they've got a good enough team to do it. The NFC is up for grabs....SF, NO, and GB are all solid teams.

I think Ravens/Niners would be a helluva game.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i think it will be Pats - Saints...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Ravens/Niners, what, you want a repeat of LSU/Alabama? No thanks.

I want Pats and either Saints or Pack. But don't underestimate the Giants cail.
--Andy

Return to “Sports”