2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:i think it will be Pats - Saints...
That's what I'm thinking as well and that match-up has the makings of a very good game.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Cybrweez wrote:Ravens/Niners, what, you want a repeat of LSU/Alabama? No thanks.
I have no idea what this means.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I believe that was reference to the completely one sided event that was the BCS national championship game. I hate to say it but 2 Harbaughs facing off in the SB ..........= Nasty. Talk about sibling rivalry. Sounds like a fine factory to me.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Mr. Broken wrote:I believe that was reference to the completely one sided event that was the BCS national championship game. I hate to say it but 2 Harbaughs facing off in the SB ..........= Nasty. Talk about sibling rivalry. Sounds like a fine factory to me.
Ah, I don't watch college ball, so that would explain that.

Dueling Harbaughs would be nice, especially since we already beat SF once this season.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

That's true, dueling brothers does add some spice. But I wasn't thinking of the one-sidedness of the BCS game, rather the fact that one team had a total of 92 yds. I enjoy a nasty defense myself, but for a championship game to produce 92 yds by one team? The general consensus is ugly.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Just cuz in general [especially important games] anytime I tell anyone who I want to win they lose [well, 90% anyway] picking the ones I want to lose to win this weekend.
New Orleans
Denver
NY

have no real preference 4th game, tossed a coin and taking the opposite, Ravens.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

sgt.null wrote:good teams take advantage of situations. other teams go home and complain about it...
There won't be any complaining in San Francisco tonight. Freaking awesome game.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cail wrote:
sgt.null wrote:good teams take advantage of situations. other teams go home and complain about it...
There won't be any complaining in San Francisco tonight. Freaking awesome game.
agree...kept my attention the whole time. Lotsa room for the woulda/coulda/shoulda peeps to rant about...but it goes both ways and damn!
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Man the 49'ers hit, and Mr. Brady your a bad, bad man.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Agreed on both counts. Niner game was a great one, what a finish. And Brady/Gronk is unbelievable. I think Boomer made a good point, give up on the option and hit the wide receivers. It looked like they were outcoached pretty bad there.

Someone said Pats should trade Gronk to Denver so they can be called the Gronkos.

EDIT: Sorry, not Boomer but Phil Simms...
--Andy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The League has announced that it will consider keeping "some" full time officials on staff to cut down on the ridiculous number of blown call's and no calls that fans have been subject to this year. Until now officials have only been part time employee's, and the NFL apparently didnt consider having games called properly to be important.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yea, have been some horrible calls. Anquan Boldin smashing someone's head in the ground, nothing. Right in front of ref too. And even some reviewed plays, not sure how GB got away w/that fumble yesterday.

I can't believe I was rooting for Giants to win. Actually, it was more rooting against the Pack. If you had the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL, you don't deserve to win in the playoffs. But now, I think the Giants will beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, again. And I'll hate life here in NJ.
--Andy

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yeah, people are saying that 2011 Giants is 2007 Giants all over again. I CANNOT LIVE THROUGH THAT AGAIN. Go 49ers!

I'm happy, but I can't say the Pats-Broncos game was a great game. But it sure made for some great highlights! I think I will always remember Tebow going down under about 5 blue jerseys like that.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I think Denver was outcoached a good deal. It was good to see, b/c I think over last few years, in playoffs, Belichick was outcoached, so maybe he's turned it around. Or, Fox and his staff are really bad.
--Andy

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

wayfriend wrote:Yeah, people are saying that 2011 Giants is 2007 Giants all over again.
Not being a follower of football, I don't understand. What does that mean?

Anyway, Go Giants!! :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Fist and Faith wrote:
wayfriend wrote:Yeah, people are saying that 2011 Giants is 2007 Giants all over again.
To be succinct: in 2007, the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season, reaching the superbowl with a perfect 18-0 record for the year. They played the :ack: :spit: Giants. The Pats got an early lead, and sustained it until about 1 minute left in the fourth quarter. It was fourth down, Manning the Giants quarterback took the snap, and then was deluged by Pats defense. It looked like the Pats would sack the quarterback, get the ball on downs, take a knee, and win the game. Then something which can only be explained by a deal with Satan, telekenesis, and time travel COMBINED happened, such that Manning popped out from underneath the rush, did two sommersaults in the air, landed on one hand, and threw a pass with the other. The ball didn't go near anyone with a Giants jersey, but a receiver floated over the heads of eight other guys, threw out something resembling a lasso, snatched the ball out of the air, which was way out over the stands by this point, realed it in, floated back to the other side of the field, landed on one hand, stretched out the other hand while the goal line grew a bulge that went out about four feet towards him, and then he touched the tip of the ball into the now morphed end-zone. Giants :ack: :spit: win by 3.

Well, that's how I remember it. And, believe me, there was a long period of time where I couldn't, I had just blacked out the whole thing.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Wow! You don't see that every day, eh? 8O
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

wayfriend wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:
To be succinct: in 2007, the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season, reaching the superbowl with a perfect 18-0 record for the year. They played the :ack: :spit: Giants. The Pats got an early lead, and sustained it until about 1 minute left in the fourth quarter. It was fourth down, Manning the Giants quarterback took the snap, and then was deluged by Pats defense. It looked like the Pats would sack the quarterback, get the ball on downs, take a knee, and win the game. Then something which can only be explained by a deal with Satan, telekenesis, and time travel COMBINED happened, such that Manning popped out from underneath the rush, did two sommersaults in the air, landed on one hand, and threw a pass with the other. The ball didn't go near anyone with a Giants jersey, but a receiver floated over the heads of eight other guys, threw out something resembling a lasso, snatched the ball out of the air, which was way out over the stands by this point, realed it in, floated back to the other side of the field, landed on one hand, stretched out the other hand while the goal line grew a bulge that went out about four feet towards him, and then he touched the tip of the ball into the now morphed end-zone. Giants :ack: :spit: win by 3.

Well, that's how I remember it. And, believe me, there was a long period of time where I couldn't, I had just blacked out the whole thing.

Still the only time Ive ever seen someone catch the ball with their face.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

There's more. The Giants had played the undefeated Pats last game of regular season, and lost in a close one. Then they won 3 road playoff games for a rematch. This year, they lost to undefeated Packers in a close one, played much better to close the year (including whupping up on Cowgirls), then beat down Falcons and Packers so far in playoffs.

I just threw up a little in my mouth. Thanks fist...
--Andy

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

So then it's unanimous! The Giants rock!!! :D :D :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “Sports”