Vampire: Dark Ages - Act II - Scene 1: The Crossroads

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages - Act II - Scene 1: The Crossroads

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In the aftermath of the death of the Cappadocian, what remains of the Conspiracy of Isaac and their childer return to the Inn of the Lion.

Al-Nasir arrives first, and scouts the area. When the others arrive, he appears by the doorway and leads everyone inside. "Nobody seems to have arrived before me. Claudio has never demonstrated the ability to obfuscate himself; perhaps we are still safe here. For a brief period, at least. But the remains of Hardestadt's gang probably know of this place, if Jadviga was a traitor all along. And Claudio certainly does. I do not think we can stay for long."

Amisa looks grim. "We are in dire straits, there is no doubt."

Valdemar is almost frantic, "Where will I go? Venice is lost to me now." He paces around the room, never stopping or really looking at anyone.

Mieczyslav, again in human form, sits at a table. "We have lost almost all of our strength in Budapest, with Almanov's betrayal. If Theophania doesn't wake... We could certainly use you there, though also certain is that there is much danger to being in Almanov's old hunting grounds. Who can know what Hardestadt's successor will know of our strengths there?"

Dimitra joins in, "Yes. Of us all, you and Amisa would play the Ventrue's game best there. And she is still needed in Genoa."

Valdemar pauses to consider. "And what of Violetta? Did she die while hiding, or simply leave us? She also will need to leave Venice. I could use her help in Budapest. Dimitra, you are as stealthy." He waves at Seska and Taduz, "If our childer can fill your role here in Hungary and Romania, helping Mieczyslav against the Ventrue presence, can you assist me there?"

The Gangrel pauses to look at the Tzimisce. "If the Voivode feels he can spare me, I am not against this idea."

"They are not nearly as quiet as you are, Dimitra. But perhaps what is called for in Romania isn't quiet. Yes, I think I can make due with the childer." Now he also turns to the neonates. "Of course, we do not yet know that they even wish to take part in this endeavor. And I would suggest that until they do, we would be wise to discontinue this discussion."

Amisa brushes her fingers over Seska's scaled back. "You'll join us, won't you? We've lost Venice, but the five of you in Tótkomlós could be a force nearly as strong. And much closer to the Ventrue's incursion."

Valdemar, before hearing their answer interjects, "Even though Claudio has cast us aside, I still cannot see him joining with the Ventrue. So, we can hope for no hope from him, but he will still be an enemy to the Germans. We can use him, even if he is not one of us."
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

"The offer does sound appealing to me, but, we as a group, should discuss this matter. To make sure any, all, or however many of us, wish to participate."

Bowing to my sire, to show no disrespect

"You have given us much thus far, and we have given back." Looking to the rest of the party, seeking confirmation if they agree. "If you wish to continue your intrigues without us present, we will depart, so that we may discuss our situation also."

Rising "While we are a rather motley assortment that you have chosen for yourselves, we still want what you wanted. Freedom. The Fop wanted all under his rules. We seek what we just fought for. To make choices for ourselves."

Bowing again "With your leave, if all are amendable, both of us will get what we want, time to talk this through, and wrap our heads around just what we desire." Grinning "It maybe we want the same things in the end."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska tries to suppress the urge to shiver with delight at Amisa's touch. She is being friendly again.

"I would like to return home. If doing so would let me protect my people and hinder the machinations of Hardestadt's followers, then we could continue to work together."
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

Seskalady carried Theophanialady in her carriage. Then she put her in her room.

I go hidey and follow her into Theophanialady's room.

When Seskalady leaves, I stop hiding and sit next to Theophanialady.

I pet her hair. I like petting her hair.

[Goaty dear. PM incoming.]
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Re: Vampire: Dark Ages - Act II - Scene 1: The Crossroads

Post by Alína Nyárí »

The StoryTeller wrote:Mieczyslav, again in human form, sits at a table. "We have lost almost all of our strength in Budapest, with Almanov's betrayal. If Theophania doesn't wake...
The Jewess' attention is drawn to this statement, at first. "We are still learning what our new lives can and can not handle. Does anyone know why Theophania does not wake? What reason she may remain in "sleep?"

Listening further, she nods as Taduz requests for their own group...
Taduz Illyannovich wrote:"If you wish to continue your intrigues without us present, we will depart, so that we may discuss our situation also."

Rising "While we are a rather motley assortment that you have chosen for yourselves, we still want what you wanted. Freedom. The Fop wanted all under his rules. We seek what we just fought for. To make choices for ourselves."

Bowing again "With your leave, if all are amendable, both of us will get what we want, time to talk this through, and wrap our heads around just what we desire." Grinning "It maybe we want the same things in the end."
...and smiling slightly as her own lady follows up.
Seska Karantanija wrote:"I would like to return home. If doing so would let me protect my people and hinder the machinations of Hardestadt's followers, then we could continue to work together."
"I, too, wish to return home to my farm, my father, and my responsibilities. If continued service to my Lady by offering healing services in and around Tótkomlós can work to the benefit of all, I see no reason to object to working together."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Seska briefly looks at the table where she instructed her retainers to wait. So far she has not performed introductions between them and the Sires. "You may want to see if the kitchen has anything you can prepare to eat. We shall take anything which can travel with us."

She puts her hand to her head as if rubbing a headache. "See if the casks have any vitae left. I'm thirsty and Tótkomlós is several days ride. Then I have to figure out how to find sustenance there."
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

"Is our decision then made, my Lady? Or shall we retreat to discuss things among us in private?"
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

"I know what my decision is. If the rest of you wish to discuss it then we can."
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

A brief thoughtful look, and then, "I would like to go where I might continue to fight for freedom. But, I claim as mine all that the one i....slew ...possessed. If any of you" as he gestures towards the aggregate sires, "would indulge me in the favor of informing any folk he may have had lordship over, of their new Thane, I would be appreciative. I intend, for now, to let his men run things as they have been. "
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Bojan, Vida, and Pierre bow and head into the kitchens.

The sires give no answer to Alina's question about Theophania's condition.

Valdemar scoffs at her second point, "Staying in Tótkomlós? Oh dear, that should help immensely." To Seska as well, "You can best help your peasants by widening your influence beyond your tiny farmholds. Only when your enemies are afraid to attack you will your people be safe."

Al-Nasir says to Olaf, "His people would not believe a tale of Marchettus' demise, not from any mouth other than yours. What was his, you will need to claim in person. The Lady Amisa and I are also in Genoa, so we could take over what we know was his. However, if you do not claim it yourself in the next few years, some other may take it in your absence."

Shortly, Bojan Vida & Pierre return from raiding the kitchens. "There was little worth taking, m'lady. But we have what there was." They take a few baskets of food out to the carriage and wait there.

Amisa, without looking at anyone, waves her hand at the door. "Then I guess you'll be off now? We will arrive at your Manse in a week's time to hear your answer."
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Seska nods. "In a week then." She tries to kiss Amisa on the cheek before leaving.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Amisa neither dodges nor facilitates the kiss. She avoids eye contact while it happens, and yet... as Seska draws away, Amisa's hand accidentally brushes against her face, as she finishes another "shooing" gesture towards the door.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

The healer looks towards Taduz and asks,"Are you satisfied with what was stated publicly? Or would you still care to retreat among us and discuss things further?

"I need to return to the Red Lamb Inn in Zomba and retrieve Zoja and my belongings I left there before I head home. But I would prefer to travel with others, if possible. Since no one seems to wish to answer what they may know of the Lady Theophania's condition, I would like to look in on her before we depart. I request that my lady and her party wait for me, if no one else chooses to travel with us."

Looking back towards Taduz, she continues, "Perhaps my lady's children could use a tutor with your...unique experiences?"

Returning her attention to Seska, the Jewess asks her leave and heads to Theophania's room. Not bothering to knock as she expects no one else to be there, she is taken aback to see Sabine sitting alone in the room. "Where is the Lady Theophania, child?
Last edited by Alína Nyárí on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

She takes a step away then asks, "Will anyone have special requirements upon arrival?"
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

"Would appear we are heading to Tótkomlós."

To the noblewoman "I hope I may partake of your hospitality while we are in your domain. I know nothing of the region firsthand."
Last edited by Taduz Illyannovich on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I look at Alina.

"My tummy hurts." I rub my tummy to show where.

"No. Not my tummy." I rub my tummy some more.

"My soul hurts."
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

"Your soul is in your stomach?" the healer shakes her head in bewilderment. "May I lightly touch your stomach and see if I can tell what is going on? Perhaps I have something here in my satchel which might sooth it."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I roll over onto my back, like a good puppy. My tail thumps slowly.

I expose my tummy for Miss Alina.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Drawing near, the healer gently palpates the area Sabine rubbed earlier. "Speak up if this causes you any pain at all," she mutters while focusing on any possible internal swelling while thanking Hashem for her experience with treating the animals on her farm when needed.

[please see PM]
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Slowly withdrawing her hand from the stomach, the healer reaches over and gently strokes the top of the child's head. "Were you still hungry when you came up to visit the Lady Theophania, child? Would you like to lighten your soul a little by telling me what happened when you came up here?"

Sitting gently on the foot of the bed while waiting for Sabine to reply, the Jewess carefully draws down the bedclothes, seeing the pile of fine dust she expected to see after examining the child before her...
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”