Demon: The Fallen - Scene 3 - The Police Station, continued.

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan

While on the phone with one of your underlings, there is suddenly swearing in russian, the sound of gunfire, a younger voice screams, more gunfire.

There is a long pause, you hear movement, shouting, lots of confusion.

After what seems like forever, you get Oleksiy. Your hardened underling is babbling. The general gist of what he's saying it:

1: An elderly man stepped out of a drawer in a table.

2: One of the younger members of your group, Modi, was sitting with his back to this while it happened.

3: Modi started rotted away.

4: There were gunshots, some hit the old man, but then he changed. (By his intonation, that's how he described it to you when you revealed yourself to him.)

5: There was more shooting, Modi finished rotting away and the old man took a gun from what used to be Modi, seeming unphased by the shots.

6: He stepped back into the drawer.

7: 3 of your 4 are holding pistols on the drawer, the fourth has a sawed off shotgun. There is much confusion going on amongst the lower ranks. One is missing but the door to the warehouse is open.

8: They fear the drawer.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

The ladies and cops.

Barry looks between Jaina and Diana, trying to figure out which was responsible until Diana speaks.

"You, out. You too, out." The fat cop leaves, his gun left behind, the artist is staring at Diana, then leaves "You, in" at Claire.

"I thought the assumed terrorist was behind this, but you. It's clear now, why you work there."

He nods in respect to Diana "I underestimated you."

Beckoning Claire to come in and close the door behind her, "Now, would one of you mind telling me just what in the Hell happened? I've been sheparding those loosed recently that ended up here, and suddenly there are 4 of you in close contact, in a police station?"

"I'm trying to keep this city safe, for them. We missed our chance the first time. I don't intend to let it happen again."
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

"Uh, Mister, I don't work there. I live there. Off and on. When I'm not... y'know... on the street."

"As for what the [flip] is happening, [flip] if I know! Mariah'd asked if I'd be around for some washed-up actress to do a little inspirational talkin'. I been there awhile, so a lot of the younger ones behave a bit better with me around." She shrugs. "Got a way with 'em I guess. So I came. Keeps me outta trouble, too, I s'pose."

"Turns out she ain't bad at making inspiration. But some suit tries to molest one of the kids after. She was terrified and it right pissed me off. So we been down here dealing with it when she spits out some blotter paper. Can't believe that [flipper] slipped it to her. No way was I going to let it hurt her, [earthen beam] the consequences."

"Ain't got no clue who the [flip] this lady is."
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

[GK furiously resists the urge to grab the book and figure out what powers those were. Ivan doesn't know, after all.]

<language type="Russian">"Oleksiy, break that desk. Smash it to pieces, so there's no closed parts left. Then leave. Get all the boys and just get out of there. Come pick me up, and we'll go somewhere safe."</language>
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire hunches her shoulders and shrugs. "I don't know what's going on, I was just passing by the home. I've never seen any of these people before and wasn't inside the building."
"If nothing matters, there's nothing to save." - Jonathan Safran Foer

"...his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan

Two vehicles, full of confused and scared russians arrive and pick you up. Once the door closes on the vehicle with you and your close associates the questions begin at once "What was/DESK through the/He rotted, what/bulletprooof I tell/What is going on?"

[Anyplace in particular you'd like to go?]
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

The Ladies

Barry says "You've saying the comrade slipped her something and groped her?" there is digust in his voice, turning to Jaina "You need to get cleaned up, call someone, get your clothes changed."

Diana, check PM.

"You were picked up with the guy, just passing by." he glances at the door ensuring it's closed, "2 Fallen, on accident?"
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

<language type="Russian">Okay, everybody shut up. A demon showed up, killed Modi, ignored your bullets, then took Modi's gun and left.</language>

Ivan points at the driver. <language type="Russian">Drive us to a church. Russian Orthodox church, if there is one. Catholic is okay, too. You boys need to discover your Faith.</language>

Ivan points at the one he knows is usually the most perceptive in the group. <language type="Russian">Tell me what this man looked like. Before he changed. Then what he looked like afterwards. Draw me a picture, if you can.</language>
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Zxkuqyb wrote:The Ladies
Barry says "You've saying the comrade slipped her something and groped her?" there is digust in his voice, turning to Jaina "You need to get cleaned up, call someone, get your clothes changed."
She points to Jaina's shoe. "What the...!? Bit of tha paper got a bit power invested in it. If you're sayin' that [fornicator] is... uh... like us, who else woulda done it?"

She starts for the door. Again. "Where is that [mule]!?"
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire narrows her eyes at Barry and snaps back, "Well it certainly looks like it doesn't it. But I've still never seen him or anyone else in this room before today. I'm outta here."

She quickly slips out the door and heads out of the station.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan

Yakov begins haltingly to describe the man his voice still on the edge of panic "He is old man. Beard. Look like Saint Nick. But thin. Painful thin. Eth-ethi-poor african thin. Flannel shirt with holes. Sweatspant. Grey eyes. White hair." he begins to shake his head.

The driver arrives at the first Catholic church he came across, "Our Lady of the Divine Plea".

The boys get out, looking all around unsure, a few have a hand in their jackets while their wild eyes try to take in everything.

A group of homeless across the street in an alley are trying to stay warm by a barrel fire. A gun is almost drawn, before the owner is cuffed upside hte head. They head inside. They aren't running, but they are in a hurry. Some priest is in for an interesting time.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Claire

The cops eye you as you walk past, but after being told Barry was handling things, they let you by with no problem.

Outside, a pack of large dogs is menacing a cat on a stoop. It doesn't go well for the cat. One takes the body and leads the others away. There is a rumbling noise of motorcycles in the distance, and it's an otherwise cloudy day in the city.

Where do you go?
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Diana and Jaina

Barry stops Diana on the way to the door, "Didn't you hear the girl, an old man gave it to her, he may have invested it. The commie bastard may or may not be involved, but he's too smug. I don't like it, not with what's going on."

Turning to the little girl, cowering behind Jaina who has her cell phone out and is calling her agent to pick her up, Barry coaxes "I know you're scared, Diana is going to take care of you, but I need to know who gave you the, er, candy first."

The girl responds shakily, "He was old. Older then you. He looked like Santa Claus if Santa was like us. Old clothes, skinny. Like he had no place to go.", he looks to Diana, fear of her showing, "He was in your office, you said only friends go in there, please don't be mad at me for going in there, that man that talks funny he was acting mean to you and I just wanted him to go. I didn't mean for this to happen. He said he was your friend..."

To Diana, Barry offers a card, "If you see or hear anything more, wether it's Ivan or this old man, I need to know. Call. Anything out of the ordinary. Call. I try to do pro-bono work for, um, us. We need to stick together, the world isn't how we wanted it."
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire heads home to grab a couple things while she hopes the house is empty.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan watches the boys go inside, hoping they don't cause too much trouble and get themselves arrested. However, if they did, he'd probably be ready to get them back out pretty quickly, since he was returning to the police station.

He takes the Range Rover and drives back to find a parking place on the street where he can watch the main entrance to the station, and he waits for Diana or Jaina to exit the place. He'd felt something from their room, something from the dim memories of his other existence before he became Ivan. And whatever had rotted away Modi had probably been from the same source. Or a connected source. So, presumably, Diane or Jaina... whichever one was was the source of that sensation would know more.

<language type="Russian">It could be the kid, but she seemed less threatening than the other two.</language> he said to himself.

The windows are tinted and rolled up, it's still night out, and Ivan prepares to wait for someone to leave the station.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Claire

Your determined steps lead you home, as you round a corner on the way you see a black SUV further down drive through an intersection. Kinda sticks out in this area of town. Not sure if you recall it before. One little corgi is following you. A runt from the aggressive pack, who found you "worthy" of following. Ears up, tail wagging, and tongue lolling, he is in complete doggy bliss with a joy that mortals never seem to find.

The door is unlocked, which seems odd.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan

The thugs having been deposited, a random thought crosses Ivan's mind Confession?... The drive back is uneventful, Upon arrival at the cop shop, a pack of dogs has broken into infighting over something, and one corgi breaks from the pack and hauls corgi ass around a corner.

Cops go in, cops go out. Foot patrols stroll in and out, meters are checked. One cop taps the tires of your vehicle with his nightstick as he walks by.

Neither Jaina nor Diana leave, nor the lawyer.

[It is evening, not night. Approx 6PM]

In the rear view mirror a pack of large intimidating blonde bikers ride past. No helmets, leather studded with shiny metals, and boots made for curb stomping. They are having quite the good time. The police are pointedly ignoring them.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Immediately upon realizing the door is unlocked, she backs off the front porch and looks sternly at the dog following her while putting a finger over her mouth in a "shht" festure. She quietly makes her way to the back of the house and stops behind the shed for a moment to drop off her backpack. Claire then heads towards the back entrance of the house that eads through the garage, stopping briefly when she reaches the door to listen carefully before checking the door.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

<language type="Russian">Oh, you stupid... listen for the song!</language> he mumbles, and slaps himself in the forehead.

Ivan starts the engine again and drives back to the motel where the boys were attacked by a desk. He moves quietly into the area, watching for cops or other enemies, and then slips into the room itself.

Then he listens.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Claire

Your canine companion's head droops for a second, then snaps up, eyes alert. He cocks his head once and stares at you more intently. Doggy bliss has disappeared.

You think you hear a scuffle of some sort, the sound like a glass breaking, in the background a nonverbal noise is heard, then repeats itself, louder, softer, softer, louder.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”