Miss Quote's Thread

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Savor Dam wrote:hmmm.

Is it "wrong" to be "insensitive?"
and/or
Is it "insensitive" to by "wrong?"
Is this a rhetorical question, or one interested in dialogue?
(it's definitely one I've thought about much and I'd love to respond to)

And if so, here? Or is there a more appropriate place?

Because seriously, it's gonna be really difficult for me to come up with a funny and non-jerkish mis-quote to respond to it!! ;)
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Linna Heartbooger

vraith wrote:I have too many armed robbery convictions to approve of plagiarism.
Really, man?
Which criminal were you plagiarizing?

The thing I really know is... Please please tell me you plagiarized different criminals for each robbery?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:
vraith wrote:I have too many armed robbery convictions to approve of plagiarism.
Really, man?
Which criminal were you plagiarizing?

The thing I really know is... Please please tell me you plagiarized different criminals for each robbery?

Well DDUUUUUUHHHHH!, Obviously I'm plagiarizing the ones who got caught, or I'd have less convictions. OTOH, it's really really hard to find manuals written by people who got away with it...they tend to shun publishing, and don't have public court transcripts. I'm caught between a knife and a bad word.

Anyway:
Cyberwheezing wrote: I think everyone who agrees with me is crazy
I hear ya, brother, I hear ya...no, really, get outta my head...
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:Ananda, could you please read over my entry for the bad writing contest? I am worried that it is too risqué. I don't want to offend people who aren't as openminded as I am and I know you are one of the most conservative types here. If it starts to bother you, just stop reading and let me know.

Also, could you please fix this picture of Fabio I want to post with my story? He isn't wearing a shirt in it and I am worried about his exposed nipples offending Shan. You know what a prude she is! Don't tell her I said so, though- she really holds a grudge! :lol: Remember when someone said her wool wasn't glossy? And that person has never been seen again! Maybe just put a ribbon over his chest- something manly.

Linna, you were right to contact me over this. This section really was too much I fear:
Then the milkmaid reached for the young man's butter churner and began pumping on it as though her life depending on making this butter.
I found myself mesmerised by this passage and unable to concentrate on anything else all day and began daydreaming over getting a milkmaid costume. Might want to leave that bit out for all our sanity.

And I really understand you over Shaun. She is absolutely crazy. I remember when there were a picture of a sheered sheep posted and she sent me 40 messages telling me the picture was not appropriate. I said I didn't even post it and she said it was still my fault for encouraging it.

Here is your Fabio picture. I think the ribbons were a brilliant idea and he looks very masculine with them.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Linna Heartbooger

Awful, just awful, Ananda!
:haha:
And you're one of the people who can get away with mis-quoting me that way!
I need to remember to NEVER challenge you to a mis-quote war.

I'm never gonna live down this rep on the Watch, I see...
-Flannery O'Connor

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:Awful, just awful, Ananda!
:haha:
And you're one of the people who can get away with mis-quoting me that way!
I need to remember to NEVER challenge you to a mis-quote war.

I'm never gonna live down this rep on the Watch, I see...
:hug: :ct12:
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Sgt. Null wrote:
Menolly wrote:You win, Sarge. I'll start visting Mallorys and participate in the games. But, you need to keep your promise to mindlessly spam pictures in the roleplay threads like you do everywhere else because I love it. Also, you looked really handsome in that Beard thread picture you posted of yourself.
Don't worry. I will spam the roleplay threads every day from now on at your request. Just let Avatar know it was your idea because I'm scared of him. And thanks for the beard picture comment. I do look rather handsome in it. I semi regret posting it, though. Since I put it up, Zorm has been sending me about 20 flirty messages a day so far. She keeps inviting me to her sauna so she can braid my beard. Shaun has been messaging me, too, but not as obsessively. But maybe her messages are stranger. All of them include a picture of a sheared sheep!
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Linna Heartbooger

Menolly wrote:
Sgt. Null wrote: Don't worry. I will spam the roleplay threads every day from now on at your request.
Thank you, Sarge!
I just hope you still have time to keep up with "The ABC's of Recipes" and "The 'Use an Ingredient' Game" threads in The Galley, too!
Can't miss those! ;)
-Flannery O'Connor

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

aliantha wrote:
Ananda wrote: Yesterday my hubby got me a very cute My Little Pony -inscribed ipod!!! OMG, it was so kawaii sugoi that I rushed to see every episode I could find on Youtube and I'm so totally hooked on this thing right now! I stayed awake all night browsing for the rare 80's toys on Ebay and won an auction that includes several thousands of these oh so wonderfully pink plastic ponies!

The lot and its shipping's going to cost us well over ten thousand dollars, but I think my hubby'll be ever so delighted when he finds out we can fill a whole room and maybe even a spare one with these! Maybe we'll put some above the front door also!
Congratulations Ananda!! :) :)
Congrats from me too, but I'm soo jealous!!!! :( :( I have all these baby animals around my estate but I've always wanted to have a My Little Pony -themed room too!
Ananda wrote: EDIT:
I think I'm going to attend BronyCon 2012 and cosplay my favorite character. Wish me luck!! :D I'll be busy for the next few months making my cool costume!

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Lol!!! I actually have a funny story about Little Ponies. A woman home-schooled her kids and the girls went through a Pony craze, and being thrifty she went to yard sales and bought every one she could find. Since they were passe at that point she would get them for 25 cents or less. So they had lots and lots.

One day her 14 year old son disappeared for hours and came down for lunch. Mom was like, whatcha been doing? Playing ponies, was the response. She's like, uh really? So he took her up to the playroom. He had been studying warfare and strategy. Since there were lots of ponies, he used them to set up this very complicated battle, with flanks and vans and all that warfare stuff. It was very impressive and well-thought out, but who would have thought it.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Bumped for Null:

Do solicit donations in the forums.

The admins will use their indiscretion to encourage any gains made from Null's spamming.
Wow...who knew...twisted:

--A
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Effaeldm wrote::goodpost:

Oh, David Bowie, thank you

sgt.null wrote:
Pants magic, pants
Some lovely singing) Thanks for starting the exchange on this topic

Almost noting changed actully :twisted: From the Mallory's Ad thread in Gen Disc
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Effaeldm wrote:
Some lovely singing) Thanks for starting the exchange on this topic

Almost noting changed actully :twisted: From the Mallory's Ad thread in Gen Disc
Vader wrote:Not nearly as good as this, or even better this! That's true art.

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Effaeldm wrote:peter - check out Null's Mallorys. And it's for games, right, but not the amusing kind. They are all senseless. none are based on logic or creativity provoking thought as all.

Avatar, I think you should judge Mallory's based on the ABC games and their wretched like. Why can't you find more thought-provoking ones there?

But I certainly agree on the point about about staying here. I also came here because of the Clowns, but stayed because of the people.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

No-no, Sarge, you got it close, but it had to be
sgt.null wrote:
Effaeldm wrote:peter - check out Mallorys's Null. And it's for games, right, but not the amusing kind, for what is funny for one, is sad for another. They are all senseless, because isn't everything in life senseless? As well as none are based on logic or creativity or provoking thought as nothing is new under the moon and human logic is futile.

Avatar, I think you should judge Mallory's based on the ABC games and their wretched like. Why can't you find more thought-provoking ones there? Perhaps because you don't look, Confucius said, “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - turns out to find something without looking for it is at least not much easier.

But I certainly agree on the point about about staying here. I also came here because I'm a Clown, but stayed because I'm somewhat a human as well, or at least appear to be.
And I hope you didn't take too close to the heart the things I said about serious games - I myself like both, but i doubt Av may be interested in the ABC's, though I doubt he may be interested in any others here as well, but that was a more likely attempt. I don't mind you taking David Bowie's pants close to the heart though :biggrin:
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

effie wrote:And I hope you didn't take too close to the heart the things I said about serious games - I myself like both, but i doubt Av may be interested in the ABC's, though I doubt he may be interested in any others here as well, but that was a more likely attempt. I don't mind you taking David Bowie's pants close to the heart though
mrs null wrote:*visualizes Null in spandex leggings pulled up high enough to qualify as "so close to the heart"* :twisted:
Last edited by deer of the dawn on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Ananda wrote:
Zorm wrote:I can't believe you posted what I said about wanting to braid Sgt.Nulls beard hair in a sauna! That was uncalled for- I told you that in our private Hairy Men fetish forum that Menolly moderates! This is unbelievable. Next you are going to tell them about the stories I've posted about my fantasies regarding dwarves and how I'd like to have about a dozen hairy dwarves rubbing me all over with moose fat (although, at least I am not alone in that since Deer did a Good Post on that one for me.)
I'm sorry about exposing your beard braiding fetish. I wasn't thinking clearly. I won't say anything about the dwarves because I know you could talk about all my goat posts.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ussusimiel wrote:Einstein's theory is that the Dennis R Wood mutated into Null in response to the overblown seriousness of the Tank and that if you look at Sarge's posting pattern it will be directly related to the hot air being generated there.

(According to this theory Avatar is actually Cail and is relentless in his pursuit of Sarge's incorrigible frivolousness :lol: )

Like Sgt.Kafka, I always like it when Sarge has done his thing in Mallory, it means my inbox is full and all is well with the world. Thanks, Sarge!

u.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Ananda wrote:
:haha: :haha:

Jävlar, jag visste att jag skulle vara död efter dessa ponies. :P

Deer: :LOLS:
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Vraith wrote: HEY! are we cheering cuz Null is right yet again? I only wish I could prove him even accidently rong in the tiniest of ways. :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”