NFL Playoff Threats

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

SD says they learned their lesson last year about "carrying the champage cases on their backs" after the 1st 4 wins! Mayb they're wiser this year but, really, who have they played so far?...Now they play the Pats!! Serious early season litmus test 4 the rest of the season, 4 both teams. At least San Fran is starting 2 run the ball-but w/Dave Fiore out 4 the rest of the season and Jeremy Newberry injured what's 2 become of their offensive line? Surely Garcia's mobility will b hampered--will they b reduced 2 the predictable play calling of the 1st 2 games--while Owens and Marriucci bitch @ each other? Green Bay has something left, un42natley, so look out! Carolina has one of the lowest points allowed, but who have they played? Mayb weeks 4 and 5 will inject some offensive play calling life in2 teams such as Chicago, SF, Tampa Bay and the Steelers--they better or those teams could go reeling! Denver and Miami r beginning 2 look like Juggernauts! But can Griese recover from tripping over his dog? Yes TB's defense looks totally awesome! But 1/2 of our offensive line just disappeared! **sweats** We need time!!!! Then again there's always Cincinnatti... :D
Last edited by danlo on Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Denver and Miami may LOOK good, but imho theyll be weak, two-bit teams later on.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I am in the Nations Capital

.. 3 hours from Sydney NSW (Eastern State) .. infact I was in Sydney yesterday .. we drove down and ferry'd round the harbour for about an hour .. had lunch .. watched Street Theatre on Circular Quay .. and all that good stuff before making the 3 hour trek back home. :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Australias capitol...is Canberra, right?
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

CORRECT!!! LOL

you must be one of the few Americans that would get that right!! Most think the capital is Sydney :wink:

*hands HLM a feather for his cap* :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Well, I certainly know which team will not be a threat...our very own Pontiac Pussycats, the Detroit Lions. Good God, they suck! And Skyweir, don't underestimate the appeal of Aussie football. We get it on cable and satellite up here and there are a lot of fans!
Love as thou wilt.

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Haha! We're playing the Lions on Thanksgiving. :twisted:

Post by Guest »

HA HA HA! that game is gonna suck! 8O
your teams gonna win by a 100 points! :lol:
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

LOL, but you have to remember...the Lions have a good Thanksgiving Day record...well I guess you would, too if you played every year! :lol:
MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver

Post by MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver »

49ers all the way this season. :D

And let's not talk about AFL, my team (Carlton) has done some very silly things....

I've played both American and Australian Football I have to say AFL is the more intense of the two although but are massive fun.

By the way Skyweir, I do uni in Canberra now and Canberra sucks compared to Melbourne :wink:
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Skyweir wrote:Well they dont play aussie rules in New Zealand .. but I wont hold that error against you!! :wink: :wink: :P .. and I am pretty confident Vain wont either. :wink:

YOU are absolutely correct .. the AFL is the most intense ruggedly manly game out there!!

I follow the SA teams .. being from South Australia originally .. and both SA teams made it to the finals .. but my team .. Adelaide/Crows .. were kicked out last Saturday the other SA team 'Port' I dont know where they came.

The game before there marginal ass kicking .. 17-15 .. was a delight to watch .. before the last quater I was sure they would lose .. and they made a magnaminous come back!! I love to see them playing so well.

I am deeply honoured and greatly pleased you appreciate aussie football .. well .. we love it!! :mrgreen:

edited to add: AR play w/o need of genetalia protection either ..
Actually, there are 3 aussie rules leagues in NZ, and there are about 8 leagues in the US, Golden Gate, LA, Arizona, Chicago area, South-east, mid-west, north-west ... so its a little more prolific that you think!!! 8)

Aussie Rules is the subject of my secondary love (the 1st being the missus). My footy club (Fitzroy) came to a sticky end at the end of 1996, and since then I have compiled a website of 4500 pages full of league and club information over the 150 years that the sport has existed.

I believe we have already discussed our footy fanship, sky :P
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver wrote:49ers all the way this season. :D
And let's not talk about AFL, my team (Carlton) has done some very silly things....
Could be worse, at least you still have your team! 8O C'arn the Roys.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

See, Lord Mhoram? Your Pats didn't have anything to worry about against the Lions, did they?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Brady and our young offense got cocky at the end, and almost lost the THanksgiving Classic! Man, we shouldnt have even given the Lions THAT many points! :lol: :roll: :wink:

Post by Guest »

don't think of it as being cocky, think of it as being generous to a much weaker team. :wink:
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I didn't know you folks used the word 'cocky'! Thought it was native.

Learn something new every day!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

wow 3 aussie rules leagues!!!! how many teams?? omg!! and to think I thunk kiwi's didnt play real footy!!! :P :P :P :wink:

and 8 leagues in the US!!! I knew it was catching on in the US but 8 leagues?? and how many teams are there in a league over there??

yeah Landwaster .. you're right .. you learn something new everyday!!

and about your football fan-ship .. methinks you owe me mail already :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Only about 4 clubs in each of the NZ leagues, sky.

The US ones are predominantly only 9 players per team, its called 'Metro footy', but some rare ones are full teams, umm there's between 4 and clubs in a league, I think.

Oops, alrighty, I shall go forth and mail.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. methinks there was something in that pm problem Vain was posting about and I neglected to read :roll:

hehe .. too lazy to go see what the deal was now ::shrug:: oh well :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Ok I'm hopeless I admit it ... I promise I'll send something soon ... or eventually ... just been short on time and stuff :oops:

Return to β€œSports”