E-book news!!!

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Absolam
Servant of the Land

Post by Absolam »

The first 5 books are all out now. Just waiting on WGW. Amazon.com usually has them on pre-order a month before they are actually available, at least that is how it was with TWL and TOT. So far I have not seen WGW on Amazon for pre-order but it has been about two months since TOT came out so, maybe soon? Once I have it and the final installment of the Last Chronicles I am all set for a marathon reading session. :biggrin:
MarcC
Servant of the Land

Post by MarcC »

Can someone please tell me why the ebook format is so expensive on Amazon's site? I can buy soft cover versions of the books for about $9, but their ebook equivalents are around $16, which makes no sense to me.

BTW, long time fan of SRD's series, I already have all his books in paper format but would welcome having the series on my Kindle.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Don't get me started on the big publishers' ebook pricing strategy.... :roll:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, MarcC.
Be Well Come and True.

Please come introduce yourself in the Say Hello in Here thread up in The Summonsing.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

MarcC wrote:Can someone please tell me why the ebook format is so expensive on Amazon's site? I can buy soft cover versions of the books for about $9, but their ebook equivalents are around $16, which makes no sense to me.

BTW, long time fan of SRD's series, I already have all his books in paper format but would welcome having the series on my Kindle.
This may not help you in any way, but iTunes has them for $7.99 each.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

B&N doesn't have The White Gold Wielder on Nook!!!!!!
The King has one more move.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

My understanding is WGW will be available as an eBook sooner rather than later (although I don't know when). SRD was getting these privately typed up for eBooks rather than leaving them to the publishing companies to outsource (due to huge errors when this was done for The Gap series). To the best of my knowledge, one person is typing these all up so it is going to happen. :)
Absolam
Servant of the Land

Post by Absolam »

MarcC wrote:Can someone please tell me why the ebook format is so expensive on Amazon's site? I can buy soft cover versions of the books for about $9, but their ebook equivalents are around $16, which makes no sense to me.

All of the TC books from the 1st and 2nd Chronicles I purchased on Amazon.com were $7.99. Of course the last chronicles are more.
In general I could not agree more that ebook pricing is absurd.
rehabguy1960
Servant of the Land

WGW for Nook

Post by rehabguy1960 »

Any more news on WGW for Nook? I noticed they did Daughters of Regals when I was expecting WGW. Guess that pushed it back a bit.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Still no WGW available on either Kindle or Nook, dammit. (grumble) I bought all of the rest of 'em and I have an urgent need to collect the set, dammit.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

aliantha wrote:Still no WGW available on either Kindle or Nook, dammit. (grumble) I bought all of the rest of 'em and I have an urgent need to collect the set, dammit.
I know. It has taken a damn long time to get WGW available. Another serious gripe I have is that we haven't had any news from SRD about TLD since July. Throw us a frikkin' bone already!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Readers of COVENANT e-books will probably have noticed that only the first five are available: there's no sign of "White Gold Wielder." Indirectly, at least, this is my fault. I had set in motion a mechanism to supply e-texts so that my publishers wouldn't repeat the horrors of the GAP books; but after five books the wheels came off, my mechanism ground to a halt, and I've done nothing to fix it because I've been making myself crazy over "The Last Dark." But maybe now? It is certainly my devout intention to restart the process as best I can.

2/12/13
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Readers of COVENANT e-books will probably have noticed that only the first five are available: there's no sign of "White Gold Wielder." Indirectly, at least, this is my fault. I had set in motion a mechanism to supply e-texts so that my publishers wouldn't repeat the horrors of the GAP books; but after five books the wheels came off, my mechanism ground to a halt, and I've done nothing to fix it because I've been making myself crazy over "The Last Dark." But maybe now? It is certainly my devout intention to restart the process as best I can.

2/12/13
Oho! So THAT's why he's been so quiet. He's been screwing up the e-book release of WGW! ;)

EZ Board Survivor

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I had guessed space pirates. But aren't e-book publishers just that?
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

wayfriend wrote:I had guessed space pirates. But aren't e-book publishers just that?
Hmm, well, if so, then Dragonlily's a space pirate... ;)

Also, anybody who self-publishes e-books. So I guess that makes me.... :twisted: ;)

EZ Board Survivor

Absolam
Servant of the Land

Post by Absolam »

Good news at last. Copied from the latest News update.

" I have now delivered to Ballantine a Word .doc of WHITE GOLD WIELDER suitable for conversion into an ebook. How long their part of the process will take, I have no idea. But I have--at last!--done my part to make all of "The Chronicles" available in ebook formats.

3/12/13"
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Absolam wrote:Good news at last. Copied from the latest News update.

" I have now delivered to Ballantine a Word .doc of WHITE GOLD WIELDER suitable for conversion into an ebook. How long their part of the process will take, I have no idea. But I have--at last!--done my part to make all of "The Chronicles" available in ebook formats.

3/12/13"
Yay!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Absolam wrote:Good news at last. Copied from the latest News update.

3/12/13"
It would take me about half an hour. He should have sent it to me. :lol:

Uh, what I really meant was: Huzzah! :S

EZ Board Survivor

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Still...a darn shame ali does not hold the e-pub rights!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Savor Dam wrote:Still...a darn shame ali does not hold the e-pub rights!
Yeah, no kidding! I'd give SRD a cut, I swear! :twisted:

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”