Acropolis Discussion

Moderator: [Syl]

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Autarch, I have heard nothing from Nakoma. With the place where my last results left off, is Serenity then trapped in Crown unless I spend my DP to relocate? I had hoped for discussion between Nakoma and Serenity before deadline, but at this point it looks like that isn't going to happen...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Well, considering I only have two submissions in, let's push the deadline back a few days. So, the 6th by midnight. If you don't know by then, let me know. I can process that weekend if everybody's results are in. If not... eh, probably time to pack it up anyway.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

My thanks for the extension, Autarch. I will stay in touch regarding interaction or lack thereof, one way or the other.

Please note I had every intention of submitting today, so that would have been three-fifths of the active players submitting on time. Please do not judge interest in the game on the number of late turn submissions...
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

get mine in tonight.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

I sent mine in early.

I think.....
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yep.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Cool. I waited till the last minute, but I never like to submit when I don't have a real idea. Thanks for the extension. Excited for the next phase, now that most of us are getting closer to the second DSP
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I'm about to hit the phantom 2nd DSP... my accumulated fractional DSP will give me a 2nd DSP next turn, but the turn after I'm back to one. It'll still be a little while before I'm consistently pulling two per turn.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I don't even think Serenity is at that level yet; but I am enjoying the world building and story aspect more than being concerned with gaining strength.

However, as the Autarch warned earlier, since I suspect Serenity may be dealing with an NPC clan, my gut is telling me I may soon regret not even attempting to power play...

from previous experience with the Autarch's NPCs, I know they can be viscious
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Few players are. You'll all be alright for now, I think, though the observant may notice... no, I better not say. :mrgreen:
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

:hithead:

If that's not a CH, I don't know what is!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

As I look over what's due next, I notice that I don't have my Turn 6 results. Is that actually the case, or did I just file it in the wrong email folder and now I can't find it?
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

I haven't seen anything either.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I've been slacking. Work's kind of got me down. This weekend, I promise. I'll extend the next deadline.
-George Steiner
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

w00t!

Looking forward to this one...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I read what you posted elsewhere regarding work, Autarch.
Hang in there...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Thanks. Y'know... I could get turns out every weekday for a mere $35/player per result. Any takers?
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

[Syl Embattled] wrote:I've been slacking. Work's kind of got me down. This weekend, I promise. I'll extend the next deadline.
Slack away man. I know the feeling all too well. :lol:

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I just turned off my $50/mo to the American Red Cross. And while you'd be cheaper, and more likely to directly cause me joy... don't think I can afford any more expenses like that.

Ask me in a year. Things will have changed by then.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

That figure ends up being a bit over 700 a month, but if you can afford it...
-George Steiner

Return to “Acropolis”