Acropolis Discussion

Moderator: [Syl]

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I just figured I'd pay $35 for my results, and everybody else misses a turn if they don't also pay.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

That was my thinking.
Not that I can afford even that...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Heh. Well, the problem with churning results out every day for the kessef is that means you guys would have to put in submissions every day. While a couple of you might manage to do that, I doubt it'd be enough to earn a living.

On the other hand, I could create a paypal account for bribes—err, submission enhancement. :mrgreen:
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

This whole "earning a living" thing sounds suspiciously like other conversations we've had. And you'd need a much much larger subscriber base to really pull that off. Or, a lot of textual content and a bazillion ads for webcomics, spliced all around it.

Which, we should take to another forum, 'cause I'm still not done exploring that idea.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

OK, results this weekend (Monday, probably, which is a day off for me), deadline extended to Oct. 15.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

nice. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

nice. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Sorry, guys. I've been slacking. With the work situation, I've just been feeling kind of stressed and drained. Tried doing results a couple times, but... barely managed to get my submissions in for the last deadline.

Guess I might as well make it a full month delay. Again, sorry.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Autarch...
As I've told AllFather many a time.
We can wait.

:hug:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm never opposed to a holiday. :D

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Sounds to me like an opportunity for all the players who are itching for more game action to put their money where their mouths are, and start writing up some epic-time content, just to fill the world up with more stuff.

I'm looking at you, Menolly.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

hmm...

I would, except I'm already building things via turn submission in mythological time. But I haven't technically accomplished anything in mythological time as far as game mechanics goes yet. I don't feel it would be right to claim things that haven't occurred, and may not if power to continue what I'm doing gets waylaid by other concerns in game time.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

Take all the time you need, Syl.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Menolly wrote:hmm...

I would, except I'm already building things via turn submission in mythological time. But I haven't technically accomplished anything in mythological time as far as game mechanics goes yet. I don't feel it would be right to claim things that haven't occurred, and may not if power to continue what I'm doing gets waylaid by other concerns in game time.
I never said to claim them. This doesn't have to be for your character. Or, if it is, you can do stuff that your character no longer controls.

Nyx and the mountain formerly known as "Fist" were planning on having had children. They'd be NPCs, with their own agendas, but that would still be a broader richer backstory for all of us to interact with now in the present.

Maybe flush out some of the other NPC gods. There's one for every animal on the list, right? Figure Syl hasn't built them all yet, pick one and start to invent a character for it. What's the god of the Salmon like? There's all kinds of room to play in that has nothing to do with your character.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Figure Syl hasn't built them all yet
All? Heh. Try 1.

That's a great idea. Consider it a no-stake challenge.

Or look to Ristra's posts for ideas you can do internally.

Remember, the Stories aren't (necessarily) true, strictly speaking, but that doesn't mean they don't have value.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

[Syl Embattled] wrote:
Figure Syl hasn't built them all yet
All? Heh. Try 1.
Can someone link me to the list of totems? I don't see them in the rules, but I think I can guess which one may have been created...

~*~edit~*~
nevermind, I found it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Goatkiller666 wrote: Maybe flush out some of the other NPC gods. There's one for every animal on the list, right?
Damn, I missed that. :D Ok, guess who probably found the 1? :lol:

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Goatkiller666 wrote: Maybe flush out some of the other NPC gods. There's one for every animal on the list, right?
Damn, I missed that. :D Ok, guess who probably found the 1? :lol:
ayeup...

And as I mentioned before, having dealt with the Autarch's NPCs before, they tend to be not all that nice...

[although I highly suspect Nyx and at least one other tribe, most likely two others if I can figure out who had a "g-dling" and a "g-d touched," have had a run in with them as well]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Nyx has run into one of the Evils, and has brushed against two NPC animal gods. Not sure which of them (if any) has been fully flushed out, but they seem to exist to some extent.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, I'm starting to get nagged for Inferno results. Thus, I figured that instead of working on them, I'd nag other people for their results.

Any ETA on Acro stuff?

Return to “Acropolis”