Welcome to the Sports Forum

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Welcome to the Sports Forum

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Be welcome to the Watch's General Sports Forum(GSF, Ive taken the liberty of making an acronym). Here we can discuss sports from America, the UK, Australia, NZ, and anywhere else. Enjoy :)!
Last edited by Lord Mhoram on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:D Congratulations! High Lord Sports Lord Mhoram!! I'll do my best to help you launch this Forum!!! :D :D
Last edited by danlo on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Cool :) Now High Lord Morham sports a title that matches his name. And I look forward to discussing sports trivia but can only comment on the truly global sports of the world :) I don't even begin to understand the logic behind the AFL ;)
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Thank you! Im happy to become a mod. at last. But, can some people post around here? Not that Im complaining..... :wink:
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Come on people, lets post on the General Sports forum! What, are you NOT interested?? :wink:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ok Mhoram .. since you plead so sincerely .. anyone into the Ashes series??

you know .. Cricket?? .. test matches?? .. England vs Australia? .. I really dont know why England bothers to show .. the outcome's always the same .. they'd be better off just staying at home enjoying a coldie :wink: :wink:

<looks around room searching for any bites>

ok ok .. so Cricket's not the number one hot topic .. well to be honest its not my fav either .. :P

what about the tennis?? .. the Masters Cup .. in Shanghai .. my money is on Hewitt .. all the way!! Go Lleyton!!

yeah lets talk tennis!! ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'll talk tennis with you anytime Sky! But you'll have to answer this question 1st (remember the one a certian Australian tennis fan couldn't answer a year ago?): who is Rod Laver? :lol: I have watched Cricket live in Portugal years ago--it's a VERY cool game. As far as my modern Cricket knowledge is concerned, I'm afraid my wicket is pretty darn sticky... :D
Last edited by danlo on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I'm no big tennisy person .. but duh .. Rod Laver was an Aussie tennis great from the 50's .. I think he won Wimbeldon .. I dont know how many times .. and went on to become one of our greatest coaches ..

An amazing tennis player from all accounts .. a bit before my time tho' .. like mmm .. a lot .. but he is a legend here still nevertheless :wink: :wink: :P

we've produced some great tennis stars .. and around the 50's Australia was probably the world premier tennis nation at that time .. John Newcombe being one of the last greats of that era ..

however as tennis became more professional the great amateur Aussie tennis players were left behind .. this was not only in tennis but in all sports Australia suffered this fate ..

Australia's traditional large hall of Olympic medals dwindled away to almost nothing before Australian sport turned professional .. and we have been clawing our way back ever since.

ie: Pat Rafter .. Pat Cash .. the Pooh .. and our now golden boy Lleyton Hewitt ..
Last edited by Skyweir on Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

LM - Don't forget about Aussie Rules Football (AFL) THE most kick-ass manly game on the planet! American football, rugby, soccer, handball and kill the guy with the ball all rolled into one.

I think the season is over now, but that is a sport worth talking about. I will get more info on teams etc. and post what I can. Our fellow watchpersons from 'down-under might be able to help.
"You're afraid of yourself."
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

LM - Don't forget about Aussie Rules Football (AFL) THE most kick-ass manly game on the planet! American football, rugby, soccer, handball and kill the guy with the ball all rolled into one.

I think the season is over now, but that is a sport worth talking about. I will get more info on teams etc. and post what I can. Our fellow watchpersons from 'down-under might be able to help.
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

OMG!!! my comp is freaking out!! :x :x sorry for the multiple posts.
No, it is not the interface between the chair & keyboard - that is working just fine!!! :lol:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Aussie Rules Football (AFL) THE most kick-ass manly game on the planet!
you are sooo right .. and well-worth repeating .. 4 times or more .. to affirm its rightness :wink: :wink: :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

here is the web site for Aussie Rules football:

www.iafc.org.au

looks like the season runs from March till Aug.

There are actually about 24 teams in the USA...

Aussie cities w/teams (some of the 30+)
Brisbane
melbourne
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Sidney
St. Kilda

and the best named team... the Geelong Cats!

there are actually teams all over the world - not that it should be a big surprise, but I just didn't realize how popular the game is.

Post by Guest »

Are we talking about the Aussie Rules Football that the satellite tv shows all of the time? The ones with cool names for the teams and seems very macho? My husband loves that stuff. Maybe I can finally rope him into participating :D instead of reading over my shoulder. :D
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

yep and I barrack for the Adelaide Crows .. which doesnt sound all that macho .. but Aussie Rules is undoubtedly the most 'macho' game on the block .. though I wouldnt say that :wink:

its not a game for 'panty waists' thats for sure.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Thats the game guest - played on a round field. It is awesome, especially once you start to understand the rules (very few), scoring (2 ways to score) & strategy. It is very entertaining to watch. Can't say I would be that inclined to play -I'm a bit beyond the age for that, but it is cool to watch!!! 8) 8)
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prince of Amber »

O.K Sky I 'll take the knock about the Ashes, I don't know why we bothered to turn up, the Aussies have probably the best test cricket team ever, or maybe we just have the worst.
Now, Rugby Union that's a different matter, having been the almost team for such a long time, England are finally getting their act together and have just beaten Australia, New Zealand and South Africa in successive weekends, quite an impressive feat. I can't wait 'till the world cup next year, O.K so Australia will have the home advantage, which counts for alot but I'll be looking to reverse the result from 1991 when we lost on home ground in the final (to guess who?)
There is also Love in the World.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

hahaha .. LOL .. that'd be us!!

mmm .. yeah England havent won the ashes for a long time!! 'ts really disappointing 'int it? :wink: :wink: :P

yah you guys have got a much stronger rugger team than we do .. though we did kick some butt last year ..

'ts all good :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to β€œSports”