Our worlds survival

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

illender
Stonedownor

Our worlds survival

Post by illender »

If remember right in the first book the note that the old begger gives covenant states that if the world of the land is destroyed our world will lack the inner strength to survive. Granted i have not finished aate(incase there is more that relates to this, im half way through), do you guys think that the actual survival of our world is depend on the land?
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I do not.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
illender
Stonedownor

Post by illender »

alright...but if this ends up being important i dont wanna have to say i told you so.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

illender wrote:alright...but if this ends up being important i dont wanna have to say i told you so.
Heh...if you're right, you should spam everywhere that you were right [ok...not spam, but definitely blow your horn pretty loud right in O's ear].

I'm not at all sure that you are wrong...but I suspect if there's an effect on the "real" world it would be something insidious, creeping, very long term, not a literal and sudden demonic [Lord Foulic?] invasion or Worm chowing down.
And, still speculating, but nearly 100% confident, it's a story that would never be written.

I'm gonna have to think about this on my next reread, but perhaps it's something more metaphorical...as in without places like the land, and people to see them [even if they're "not real" literally] something important would be lost from our existence.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”