2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ravens finally fired Cam Cameron (offensive coordinator). Three years too late, but at least he's gone.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Titans @ Patriots on MNF tonite -- game of the year?
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Apparently not. Pats looking real good! Can they handle the Giants in Super Bowl? I hope so, I hate the Giants. At least the secondary seems much improved. Scoring quite a few TDs this year even. And Giants secondary is real bad.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Trap game. Falcons got owned @ Carolina. The score actually makes it look better than it was. Falcons didn't even start playing until middle of the third quarter. Of course by then they had dug a hole they couldn't climb out of. Carolina isn't as bad as their record suggests (now 4-9) but its obvious that the Falcons aren't as good as their record suggests (now 11-2). Next week against the Giants will surely tell the tale.

Texans got mud stomped. By the 3rd quarter it was obvious that the Texans had given up and were playing not to get hurt rather than to try to win (or even make up some lost ground) That sends a poor message to the team. "we don't expect you to play hard when you are losing".

Two best records in the league, both owned in the same week. At least the Falcons continued to play hard and tried to make a game of it.

There seems to be a new batch of 'running' QB's in the league. They are incredibly hard to defend against, but the risk is exactly what happened to RG3. Getting hurt and not being able to finish the season. At some point the defense gets tired of seeing them 'run' and starts trying to hit them hard to send them a message. I expect to see a new batch of QB injuries if this continues.

And what about Alex Smith? The NFL Commissioner said that no one would lose their job if they went out on concussion injury for a week. Alex went out for a supposed week and hasn't been playing since. I expect him to get traded. If so, someone will get a really good QB. What I would hate to see, is them not trade him but also not play him on the field.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Titans? :oops: Texans!

The Giants are kryptronite for the Patriots. Don't even want to watch that.

Facon's weren't as good as their record. They hadn't been matched up to a decent team, I don't think.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Hard to say about the match-ups. Yes the Falcons have had a soft schedule but I could make that same point on the Giants who have only played two high caliber teams all year. They lost to the Cowboys, the Eagles and the Bengals and the Redskins this year. Some of those teams have awful records. And then of course all the teams will tell you that "you don't get to pick your schedule".

Falcons had some decent match ups based on last years strengths but that doesn't always equate to this years strengths and this year that really showed through. Still when you beat 11 out of 13 of your opponents, you have to be doing something right. And on any given Sunday a team with no record can beat the best team.

Overall, the reason the Giants and a few other teams will be listed as SB caliber teams even when their record is not that great, while other teams with better records get overlooked, is that those teams have been through the post season with wins. So if the Falcons want more respect in the league. They have to earn it in post season. Winning in the Season itself and your record there, at the end of the day, means almost nothing.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Falcons will not get anywhere come play-off time.

Pats smoked the Texans, now the Texans need to worry about facing the Colts twice in the next three weeks.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I hope you are wrong about the Falcons. I already purchased my playoff tickets! No they CAN do it. Whether they will or not depends on the next few games. The Falcons have games where the Defense is clicking, and then they have some where to offense is clicking. This last game neither really was. If they can get these to click at the same time.... they can make some headway in the post season.

Another team that is being brought up as going far into the playoffs is the Broncos. However they really haven't played anyone to mention since Peyton got to clicking again.....at least... yet. They have one of the softest schedules of any team. Peyton is really good, but I want to see them play another playoff caliber team before I'm willing to say they are going anywhere in the playoffs.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Rodney Harrison said last week that no one is afraid to play the Falcons. I think he's right.

And I think the Broncos are legit. They did win a game last year in playoffs w/Tebow, and Manning is, uh, a little better. They have strong D and running game and great QB. Falcons can't say the same.

I see Pats/Giants rematch at this point. A rematch would be crazy, back to back, but 3rd matchup w/in a decade? Crazy. But if Giants win again, I'll have to give up on football, being here in central Jersey and an Eagles fan first, Pats fan 2nd.
--Andy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Perhaps. I could also make the case that the last two years, the team that has beaten the Falcons (1 and out) has been the team that has beaten everyone after that and gone on to win the SuperBowl. In some cases they 'embarrassed' the teams they played with double digit margins in the win. Maybe a bad throw of the dice to have to play a 'hot team' in your first post season game. I don't see the Falcons going to the SB this year but a good dice throw could get them that playoff win to get that monkey off their back.

Denver went to post season with Tebow but they lost by 35 points. I will say that they do have a strong O-line. From what I have heard that was one of the conditions that convinced Peyton to sign with them.

No matter which team goes to post season.....any of them can lose on any given Sunday and be out. Last year GB was practically unbeatable during the season putting up 30+ against their opponents more often than not and got beaten soundly by the Giants who came in on the wildcard as a #5 or 6 seed. (1 and out).
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cybrweez wrote:
I see Pats/Giants rematch at this point. A rematch would be crazy, back to back, but 3rd matchup w/in a decade? Crazy. But if Giants win again, I'll have to give up on football, being here in central Jersey and an Eagles fan first, Pats fan 2nd.
Giants you say??!! How about dem Falcons! Total rout and shutout of the Giants! 34 to 0 and had we kept our first string in it would have been 41 to 0. So there you have it. The Falcons can beat a quality opponent!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Denver had no trouble against Baltimore. The game would've been much different if 5 starting Baltimore defensive players had been in the game instead of on injured list.
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

will hand it to the Falcons, they finally beat someone.

Saints looked awesome - likely too late.

Patriots and Niners - Brady tackles (kind of) the db running back an interception, and then the Pats get a turnover.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Sarge (with the name change, do I still call you that?), I was impressed with the comeback the Pats put together, but y'all didn't quite manage to take the Niners down a peg so that my Hawks could play them for the NFC West title next week.

Guess we will need to run up another 50+ game. Whatever...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

We suck again .
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Had 2 games on at 1, Giants/Falcons, Broncos/Ravens. Who would've thought 2 blowouts?

I think Falcons wanted revenge. Maybe they got it to early. Now Giants will want revenge in playoffs. I hope Giants don't even make it, but I'm not betting on it.
--Andy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons clinch #1 seed. The game against the Lions was never in doubt.

Bengals are in. I wouldnt have thought that earlier this year. However I dont expect them to go far.

SF took a beating agaisnt the Seahawks. That was unexpected. Not that they lost but that they lost so badly.

Texans are cooling off at the wrong time. I dont expect them to go very far.

Surprisingly the Patriots are cooling off after having a good run of it. Oh I dont count them out by any stretch but they are showing in the last few games, that they are beatable.

GB is staying under the radar but they are hot hot hot right now. Along with the Broncos.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The Giants are slumping too. Eli is having a bad season overall.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote: Along with the Broncos.
Did anyone pick them at the beginning?
They're on a roll...yet the only decent team they've beaten is Baltimore.
Still, they are on a roll, and the decent teams they lost to were early on and fairly close scores IIRC.

I'm having a tough time choosing whether I want Vikings to beat GB next week or not...
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Vraith wrote:I'm having a tough time choosing whether I want Vikings to beat GB next week or not...
Yes, please. If the Vikings win, along with the Cardinals against the Niners and the Hawks over the Rams, Seattle not only wins the NFC West, but gets the first-round bye. Sweet!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Sports”