2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote: Seattle not only wins the NFC West, but gets the first-round bye. Sweet!
See...that's the problem. I like Vikings and want them in...but Seattle is the bottom of my list.

Partly a holdover from the triad rivalry or raiders/chiefs/hawks '80's-90's.
I loved Largent even though he was a 'Hawk.
The only other thing they've done I liked was get Flynn from GB...then they made him a back up. So I'll put up with a lot of bad just to see Seattle get worse.
Not that they don't have stuff that's good game...I just want them to fail.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

No offense, Vraith...but I hope you will be deeply disappointed on that account.

Not much I can say about the argument from historical dislike...it is what it is. However, when it comes to Flynn, I agree that he was a brilliant acquisition. I was looking forward to him as a replacement to T-Jack and Charlie Whitehurst, neither of which was the QB I was looking for. However, Russell Wilson has entirely earned the starter role and I support him. Flynn unfortunately is cast as backup.

Fail, they may...but after what they have shown most of this season against the Pats, Niners and various others, it will take a heck of a team to beat them.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Boo! Seattle's wicked this year Marshawn is a beast Go Hawks!!
fall far and well Pilots!
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Seattle not good on the road tho. So don't hope for much there.

Pats get the bye, nice. Rematch Bengals at Texans. Texans don't look scary to anyone, maybe Bengals can pull it off.

Andy Reid fired. It was time. I'm not rejoicing like a lot of Eagles fans, b/c they have no memories. They made the playoffs more than Giants over his time, yet just didn't win championships.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Nothing unexpected.

Cowboys lost to Redskins but the 'boys' were so banged up they didn't have a prayer of going anywhere in the post season even if they found a way to squeak out a win.

I watched part of the NE game against Miami and it was never in doubt and nothing really on the line. I was surprised to see the starters play the entire game. I was also surprised to see them going for the jugular the entire game. You are up 28 to zero with 7 mins left and you go for it on 4th and long? Two things, it shows a lack of class and second it chancing an injury at the wrong time. I know I know.. its football. You don't want someone running the score up on you, find a way to stop them. But still. I have seen many teams put in their second string rather than humiliate another team like that in a game that really meant nothing.

Falcons played lackluster ball. Nothing on the line with this game and they played like it. From the time of the first throw until the end of the game the birds were just not playing like they wanted to win or cared to win. It was an if they were just going through the motions. If they play anywhere close to that in two weeks its another one and out post season.

Vikings played hard and earned their spot with that win against GB. That was a really good game that they get to play again next week. Whichever one wins that gets to go to Atlanta.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Hey did you hear the Browns are looking to hire a good coach, he will be the 6 th in 12 years.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

mr.broken - why not go after Cowher? or ?Gruden?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

SoulBiter wrote:I watched part of the NE game against Miami and it was never in doubt and nothing really on the line. I was surprised to see the starters play the entire game. I was also surprised to see them going for the jugular the entire game. You are up 28 to zero with 7 mins left and you go for it on 4th and long? Two things, it shows a lack of class and second it chancing an injury at the wrong time. I know I know.. its football. You don't want someone running the score up on you, find a way to stop them. But still. I have seen many teams put in their second string rather than humiliate another team like that in a game that really meant nothing.
Well, one thing is NE was playing for the buy, which is important. And if they get it, the whole team gets the next week off anyway. Secondly, NE has found some amazing ways to lose to the Dolphins in the past, so they don't take chances. Third, there were some wind problems which made punting difficult (not sure if it applied in the 4th quarter tho). And fourth (and probably biggest) reason is that Gronkowski needed some play time.

However, isn't not-punting on 4th and long giving the Dolphins more of a chance to make a comeback?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I hear ya WF and I haven't followed the Patriots enough to know what rivalries they have etc etc etc.

Watching it purely objectively, I just didn't see that Miami was going to make a comeback. Regardless of the past, they(Miami) just seemed ready for the game to be over. From my perspective (from my couch in my living room LOL) they seemed demoralized. The risk of them making a comeback was so very small.

Gronk needing playtime, now that I had not considered. Maybe it was that or maybe it was just a message to the rest of the NFL of "Expect no quarter".
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

As of right now Chip Kelly of the Oregon Ducks seems to be the lead candidate in the hunt for the Browns new head coach.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Mr. Broken wrote:As of right now Chip Kelly of the Oregon Ducks seems to be the lead candidate in the hunt for the Browns new head coach.
Then again maybe not so much.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

glad to see the Seahawks win. but what the hell was Mike Shanahan thinking leaving an obviously injured RGIII in the game?

maybe if he had made the change sooner, he advoids injuring RGIII more at the very least. and maybe he could have had a chance to win the game.

and why is the NFL celebrating Ray Lewis so much? have they forgotten that he was involved in two murders?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I dont think we have seen the last of the RGIII thing. He should not have been playing. Why take the chance of permanently injuring a rookie QB for one game? And if they won, what chance did they really have in the playoffs without him being able to play the next game?

Ravens won but... the Colts played better and still lost.

Texans/Bengals I dont think was ever really in doubt.

Seahawks coming to Atlanta. We will see how that plays out. After watching the game the only thing that still concerns me is their running game. If Atl can limit their run, I think Atl can come away with a win. If the SH get their run game going (which will get their QB comfortable to take a few long shots down-field) then the Seahawks can come away with this one.

I think the Texans will get hammered by the Pats. But.. you never know.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

FWIW...my thoughts:

Broncs to beat Ravens. As a mid-90s Clevelander, I can't bring myself to favor the Ravens.

Texans / Pats will be an interesting study in conflicted loyalties for Sarge...think I will go with the Pats, but I am good either way.

49ers over Packers. Home field will be the difference. Glad this will not be at Green Bay.

Hawks to prevail against Falcons. Surely nobody expected me to say differently!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

You must've watched a different game than I did. I thought the Colts played horribly. Denver should win easily this weekend.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

dlbpharmd wrote:
You must've watched a different game than I did. I thought the Colts played horribly. Denver should win easily this weekend.
Colts did play horribly. But I thought that both teams played horribly. Lots of fumbles and drops. Colts drove to the red zone without much issue but at the red-zone they had to settle 3 times separate times. Then they drove down again and fumble on the two yard line......
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote:FWIW...my thoughts:

Broncs to beat Ravens. As a mid-90s Clevelander, I can't bring myself to favor the Ravens.

Texans / Pats will be an interesting study in conflicted loyalties for Sarge...think I will go with the Pats, but I am good either way.

49ers over Packers. Home field will be the difference. Glad this will not be at Green Bay.

Hawks to prevail against Falcons. Surely nobody expected me to say differently!
Probably Broncs over Ravens...but Ravens did some stuff that should please Cail, they have a good shot, Boldin was freaking awesome.

I want the Texans. I think the Pats will shred them.

The Packers CAN win, and I pick them...but the offense, needs to shift into drive in the first half.

Even in the loss, 'skins showed Hawks stoppable. Don't think the Falcon's are adaptable enough to do it. Predict Hawks though don't want to.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I hope Pats take care of Texans, but Texans do have revenge factor. It can be strong.

Hope Broncos take care of Ravens, just can't stand them for some reason.

Packers/49ers, I hope stays interesting. Could go anywhere, Kaepernick at QB, and strong D against Pack.

And I'm pulling for Hawks as well, just feel Atlanta same every year, impressive when it doesn't matter. For some reason, I want it to continue. It's totally irrational.

Reid went to KC. I'll keep an eye, interested to see how he does. No QB there.

Jets getting blasted everywhere:
Kate Upton, during ND/Al game: Don't get upset ND, this happened to Jets every week.

In SI, talking about NFL playoff expansion: With a 16 team playoff, the Jets would have been the 8th seed in AFC. If you think that is reasonable, you haven't watched the Jets. Their best offensive play is calling timeout.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cybrweez wrote: And I'm pulling for Hawks as well, just feel Atlanta same every year, impressive when it doesn't matter. For some reason, I want it to continue. It's totally irrational.
Ive been an Atlanta fan for years so I remember when we were never even in contention year after year after year. So just to have back to back to back winning seasons for me is great! Just a reminder, many teams go to the playoffs for year after year without winning a playoff game before they finally strike gold. Peyton Manning for instance... first four years with the Colts, 3 of those were 1 and out in the playoffs and one year between they didn't even get into the playoffs. Eventually they got in and found their way to a Superbowl.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Barring an absolute catastrophe, I wouldn't bet on Denver. With Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, the team's on fire. Rice coughed up the ball twice last week, which is very unusual. Take those fumbles away and it was a 38-9 victory. Granted Denver's a better team than Indy, and there's a lot to be said for their home-field advantage, but I think this is going to be a close one.

Love to see Houston beat the Patsies, but I don't think they have it in them.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart

Return to “Sports”