The gang's all here

[Syl]
Unfettered One

The gang's all here

Post by [Syl] »

By my count, anyway. I'm tempted to add Fist as an emeritus, though.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

If we're adding Fist, we should add Lore. (Not that I'm against adding either of the two. I wasn't entirely sure what the goal of this sub-forum was, so I'm not sure if having the emeriti around is good or bad.)
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Fist would get a kick out of it.

Anyway, Goat, how did you make your map for Inferno?
The King has one more move.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I used an app for the Mac called SeaView. It was free.

Originally, I just would add stuff to the layout... using basic circle brushes in different colors. Later on, I figured out how to use the layers function, so I can more quickly turn things on and off. (e.g. - some players get a customized map with extra info on it that their characters would know. Being able to quickly enable the different layers like that really saves time. Also makes edits so much easier.)

Now that it's been going for a while, I'm thinking of ways to revamp the layout, but of course that turns into ret-conning things... if all of the areas become relatively smaller, with more empty space between them... that impacts some players more than others.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

*bows*

I am honored.

Heh Heh. Just watched Kill Bill.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

So, how do I go about setting up threads for Prophet?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Av or (I think) Goat need to create a sub-forum.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

'Tain't me. Gotta be an admin.

I wish I had the power to make sub-forums, but not enough that I'd be willing to take on all of the other duties of being an admin to do it. Not that they'd offer me a spot.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Hey ya'll. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

balon!'s here, but Dorian ain't?

There goes the neighborhood.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Since Montresor is actually a member of this sub-forum, I feel a little silly talking about him in the third person, however, he replied to my Facebook question from a while back, about the status of Rogue Trader. He replied a while back, but I don't check that Facebook account all that often, so I only just now saw his answer.

The answer was to go ahead and archive it. Since I don't know the proper funerary music for a Warhammer 40k Roge Trader, I just hummed Taps while I did it.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Little help, please.

I'm trying to make the thread with all the players avatars and names posted but all I'm getting is links to the pictures instead of the pictures themselves.

What am I doing wrong?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Looks like you got it.
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Caam, [Syl], and Xar... do you guys have an opinion on adding me as a mod to your forums? My mod status to GT doesn't automatically extend to all the sub-forums.

I'm not sure that it's particularly needed; it came up when Avatar had to archive off the Phoenix Prime threads instead of me, because I wasn't a mod over there either. Before archiving, I doubt there's anything I'd need to be doing in anybody else's games (except posting as a player).
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So... now that P3 is officially gone, does anybody have an opinion on what happens with the three Court sub-forums that are private? Do we air everybody's dirty laundry, leave them as-is, or just delete them entirely?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'd say either keep them where they are or delete them.
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm leaning to deleting them myself...I know nobody else can see them, but I can.

Clutters up my index. :lol:

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Well, as a player who isn't above abusing Mod power, I personally am interested in knowing what went on behind the scenes in the other two courts.

Then we can delete them, I guess.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

If we make them public, we might as well archive them. :twisted:

I think I'll put it to the Pantheon. :D

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

And now I'm here too.

I must admit, I'm disappointed. Where's all the juicy behind-the-scenes action? Where are the posts where the GMs all trade tips on how best to make their players' lives hell?

Return to “GM's Dungeon”