Rules and Discussion

Moderators: AllMother, caamora

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I like AllMother's explanation regarding property.

For instance, Laurel's backstory is that she had been chosen for Harper training when she was six or seven years old, and has just returned to Twinsriver as a journeyman Harper working for her mastership after two decades of training at the Harper craft Hall. Her mother lives alone, and makes a decent living as a seamstress and other means via the needle (tapestries and the like). Laurel herself arrived back in town with a travel sack and a few personal instruments, and has moved back home with her mother.

Through various turn submissions, Laurel has gained membership in the Tradesmen and Builders Guild, and is an advisor to the Council of Elders. She has a stall in the marketplace where she constructs and sells various instruments for her livelihood. But since she only arrived in town after decades away, her property is slowly being earned, other than what her mother provides.

I'll PM you regarding photobucket.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Also, for purposes of hosting files for Gravin Threndor games, I have a server that is accessible (www.sullivanhome.net) from the Interwebs. I can host a file of any size. (There are 3TB of space remaining on my drive.) There's no snazzy interface like Photobucket has, but there's no size limit or other hassles.

Sometimes I bring the machine down for maintenance, though.

Also, Krinn is rich. He has a factor named Alfred. That's right, Alfred. 'Cause he really is Batman.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Turn Sent. Sorry Fist.
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

I've been thinking I need to make some game adjustments and I wanted to get your input.

I was thinking of posting the size of Twinsriver population and add how many immigrants or migrants each month. It might help with game play. Would you all like this/

In addtion, I will begin adding to the Town Crier's posts. You will have the crier and then you will see what the local gossip is. The Crier by himself is a little too restrictive for getting information out. No one really knows what's going on. But, with a gossip, you might hear more information.

The gossip was Eric's idea and I think its a really good one.

Thoughts?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That Eric sure sounds like a smart guy! :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Somebody needs to invent the printing press so we can get a newspaper! ;)

Sounds good to me.

By the way, one of the perks of the magistrate gig is that I can direct the town crier to make announcements. So if anyone has something they want to go out, send a messenger (PM) to Gener (easier for me if you just send to this account, though). Best to tell me close to deadline so I don't forget.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Sounds like interesting ideas :)

Syl, thank you, I'll keep in mind.
A role-player, beware
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

Results are out. Deadline for next turn is October 26th.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Really enjoying the gossip.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's a whole lot of really good writing! Great job!
Last edited by Fist and Faith on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Just an idea, with Halloween coming up in real time and the harvest in the game... I'm thinking I'm going to work with that for the next turn. Anybody want to join me? We can post stories in the Forum and have a friendly game of one-up-manship
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Not sure what you mean. Tell ghost stories IC? Which could be cool.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yeah, pretty much.
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It's all fun and friendly games of one-upmanship until Fist gets involved. And then he's gotta win, and it stops being fun.

Though, I might enjoy telling the super-secret story of the first time Grandfather Li came to Azver as a child. Azver wet the bed, he was so scared. We used to call him Rubbersheets, as a kid. He'll kick my ass now, for sharing this, but it's totally true. Honest.
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

LOL!!!!!!!!
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Well done on gossip. And I find the idea about Halloween IC stories very interesting :) Goat, an interesting start. So, does anyone wish to hear the story of how Krinn got his pants stuck under a gravestone? :twisted:
A role-player, beware
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Flabbergasted by the results and the gossip.
Time to attempt to rebuild I guess.

...but wow!
Festival Hall and the amphitheater is huge!
:biggrin:
even if it is going to take even longer to complete now.Image
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

Made a change to the post about the trial of Tellel. Gener's brother's name was Shoner, not Kimer.

Sorry, Syl. :)
Brand
Servant of the Land

Post by Brand »

Yes, I think Gossip is a good idea ;)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Turn sent.

Krinn is back in town, so I can now participate in all this juicy gossip about other people.

Return to “Prophets”