Prophet Forum

Moderators: AllMother, caamora

Gener
Servant of the Land

Post by Gener »

Perhaps I err, Azver, but when Krinn, your avowed follower, speaks of bringing merchants into town and of making Twinsriver a major trading center, I assume that he did so with your approval. Tacitly, at least, since you have not objected to what we all have heard.

You yourself have boasted of the crowds that the tournament has drawn in the past or will draw in days to come. Have we not received such, seen a measure of what's in store? And if this also includes things like the death of poor Spritz here, should we not be concerned?

And though I did not wish to say so publicly, when Krinn suggested that a word in the right ear could sway the builders guild or certain elders, I assumed that you both had chosen a path, if not entirely along the course of self-interest, then certainly heading in the same direction.

So I will say to you what I said to him. Many of us simply wish to be left alone. Trade, fight, or do what you will, but let Twinsriver be what it has been. Build your centers outside the town. Hold your tournaments there, too. If the village grows, all well and good. But if it becomes something else.... Well, many of us don't hold that it is a good thing.

Have I not spoken enough on this? Perhaps not. I have been busy with my grief and, as I have said, with offering what protection I can. I have also been distracted by my pursuit of my brother's killer, though the dastard still eludes me, to an extent that I think a foreign power protects him. Kimer showed me an image of you confronting him, but as you have not spoken of it to me, I assumed it was either a portent of the future or you knew not who it was.

I speak now, though, and I speak for the good, humble men of our village, I hope.

Should we work together? Perhaps, but in you I see the need for combat, to prove your worth through strife. I do not seek strife or cotton to those who do. Violence begets violence, and in the hand of any one man—even myself, I admit, though it will pain me to turn my brother's murderer over—it inevitably turns against him. So have I instructed those who come to me, teaching them the art of Fai'shon, as revealed to me by Kimer and named in honor of my brother. The force of the attacker is merely turned back upon him. When practiced correctly, Fai'shon does not injure an opponent but subdues him.

Sadly, such dedication can come at a cost, and so we mourn for Spritz.

As magistrate, besides enforcing our laws, which should always be the authoritative voice of the people and ever remain independent of any one god's proclamations, I would see to the construction of a wall around Twinsriver, with gates at the points of a compass. Visitors would submit to inspection at the gate, and any weapons would be held safe with a master at arms. Known troublemakers would be barred entry.

If y'would support me in this, then I would thank ye and name ye friend.
"When it is not necessary to change, it is necessary not to change."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"Good Gener, I am uncertain if your words are also directed towards me, but my focus has been on showing all of Twinsriver the beauty and joy of finding the Artistry in everything one does, and improving the overall morale of Twinsriver. I have supported and encouraged the building of Festival Hall to be used year round, to offer light and joy to the community outside of the annual Tournament festivities.

"Surely that will only encourage community pride, and keep the heart of Twinsriver strong.

"As far as the influx of newcomers to our community goes, as you have said, I believe that has mostly been the influence of the travels Krinn has undertaken to promote the wares and commodities of our village. Skilled workers of all sorts will always be welcome; new ideas and traditions shared learned from and adapted as one sees fit. The native born craftsman and artisan will teach and learn from the newcomer. There is enough work for all. In fact, I have been asked by the Council to hold auditions among the artists of Twinsriver and arrange future entertainment. Input regarding what would like to be seen would definitely be appreciated.

"Unfortunately, a few bad apples will tag along with the good, and it is the job of all of us to try and suss them out. It is also possible the those resorting to thievery and violence are native born, and not newcomers. At this point, that is an unknown, as far as I am aware.

"I would like to hear more about this 'Fai'shon,' as it sounds like an effective measure. Vigilantism should be refrained from; violence does beget violence, that was well said.. We should investigate as we can, and share what we learn with the Council. The Council of Elders has governed Twinsriver well for generations; let us work together and with the Council to address these issues. Should you be elected Magistrate, would it not behoove you to have the support and help of all the residents of our village?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Bela Gin
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bela Gin »

"Gener! I wonder if we have clues for each other. I mentioned a couple months ago that, while hunting for the wolves, I had been sidetracked by something I couldn't explain yet. I still can't explain it, but it was a shadow with movement. Solid, yet without form. I was able to get face-to-face, as it were, with it. But then it vanished. I've been trying to find it again, ever since. I don't know if this is what Kimer showed you, but it's the only think I can think of. If so, then your brother's killer surely is protected by a power. I'll let you know if I learn anything else.

"As for the rest...

"Krinn is not a follower of Li. He is not one of the Nine. He is not part of the patrols. He follows his own path. But he's a good fighter, and trains with us when he's in town. As pretty much anybody can.

"And the crowds the Tournament has drawn in the past have not been a problem. Personally, I didn't see a problem if some find a way to gain from that. I'm trying to follow Li's example by becoming the best I can be, and protect Twinsriver. I don't know anything about economics, politics, and any number of other things. Talk to those who are making all these plans.

"Turning the force of the attacker back upon him is one of the principles of some styles of martial arts. If you or any in your group would like to learn, I can teach you. I don't see that it would violate your ideals, and it might compliment whatever Kimer is giving you.

"I don't object to any of your ideas about the town. The Tournament has been a part of Twinsriver for decades. It doesn't require anything that hasn't always been a part of it. As I've told Krinn and Laurel, nothing they have in mind will change the Tournament. Not doing any of the things they have in mind will change it. Building centers outside the town for whatever they want to do in conjunction with it won't change it.

"It seems to me the wall might change the character of Twinsriver as much as the things you're opposed to would. But maybe not. And maybe it would help keep the village's soul relatively intact. If change will come, maybe this is a good way to minimize damage?"
Krinn
Stonedownor

Post by Krinn »

"Gener, my apologies for the confusion. Azver and Laurel, you and Brand, all choose to follow gods, for your own reasons. I do not. I choose Twinsriver itself. I will accept that Li or Kimer may bring some measure of prosperity to the village, but there may come a day when devotion to a god and devotion to something else come at odds. And so, I will thank any god who works towards my purposes, but I will not bind myself so."

"I am a student of Azvers, for none will argue that he is the best fighter and the best teacher of fighting one could find. And I have need of that now. But I do not follow Li."

"I believe that what's best for Twinsriver is to rise in prominence. No matter how strong our fighters, as long as anybody else believes that what we have is worth taking, they'll come here and take it. I choose instead to make Twinsriver invaluable to everybody, and thus worth protecting."

"I realize now that while we wish for Twinsriver's betterment, our ideas of what that means vastly differ. I respect your goals, and hope that we can find some kind of balance point. Some way to make Twinsriver so important to the world that they would never consider attacking us, while at the same time protecting the soul of the community, and the bodies of all our citizens. My dream is that newcomers to the town will come here because of the bounty and prosperity we can give them, and the community they can share."

"It was I, not Azver, who traveled to Lockewood and shared my dream. Many here supported me, and continue to support my plans for other such trips. Many in Lockewood were so taken by my dream, they followed me back here. I like to think that they're joining us in the quest to make Twinsriver a better place. A better place they're going to live in and raise their children in."

"But, I as well have noticed the bad element that came with them. I'm horrified that Spritz paid the price for my dream. I bear some responsibility for that, no doubt. I could obfuscate behind 'Oh, the ones who done it are at fault!' but I brought them here."

"I have taken some steps to try to clean up the town. I am not convinced of the inherent evil of people, so my thought is to convince people that they're better of joining in than trying to squabble over. And, in spite of my own misgivings against pledging to any god, I believe that Azver's school, or Brand's forge, are excellent ways to teach these people to value something, and to have discipline in their lives. I hope that if we welcome even the dregs into our hearts, not exclude them from what many of us value most, they will mellow."

"I wholeheartedly support the relinquishing of weapons. I worry that inspections at the gates would, as Azver suggests, set a tone of paranoia and mistrust of visitors. Such a feeling goes counter to one of welcome, and immediately sets visitors against us. Perhaps. Or perhaps I'm being too sensitive. A wall, well... that can be a sign of grandeur as much as one of paranoia. I can support that."

"So, here is what I will do, here in the sight of the whole town. I can tell by your passion that, in my eyes, you would make an excellent magistrate. You have my support there, for whatever that's worth. Further, I personally have benefited from the influx of new citizens, and the relationships we've formed with Lockewood. I will put up the funds for this wall. It will not bring Spritz back to us, but if my wealth comes at the cost of his life, I've no right to it anyway. So, instead I'll put it to correcting the situation that lead to his death. We cannot change the past, but we can learn from it and do better next time."
Follower of Azver, friend to all in Twinsriver, and person who can get stuff done.
Gener
Servant of the Land

Post by Gener »

I am not so far steeped in grief that I cannot see the value in the words spoken by all here today.

If our dedication to preserving Twinsriver is unstinting, so let our willingness to welcome those who would cherish this town be so as well. I stand by my wish to see visitors into the town proper be inspected, but I am not averse to showing them hospitality as well, establishing hostels and other places of welcome near the gates. Further, I propose the course of journeymen to allow visitors a path to citizenship, granting full rights to any man or woman who fulfills a period of apprenticeship under any Twinsriver citizen or demonstrates significant commitment to the betterment of our fair community.

But the heart, my fellows, must be protected. As you say, Krinn, a wall not only protects our village from raiders or interlopers, but it demonstrates both our craftsmanship and solidarity of purpose. In future times, should population and resources permit, we can extend our protection with an outer bailey.

But I get ahead of myself. Let me see my friend to his resting place, and we may talk further upon the morrow. Krinn, I hold you in no way responsible. No more than I do myself. It is the evil of men that we must be wary of, not the honest intentions of our brothers.

Azver, my men—and some women—train shortly before dusk, when the work of the farm is done and their appetite does not yet draw them to the table. We will look for you then. Perhaps we can talk afterward over our simple fare.
Bela Gin
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bela Gin »

"I'll be there, Gener.

"And if you - if any of you - receive visions or other kinds of supernatural information about me, I certainly wouldn't mind knowing about it. I'll do the same for you."
Krinn
Stonedownor

Post by Krinn »

[At a time after Gener has laid his friend to rest, Krinn visits his house again. This is not strictly "public" but since I'll probably tell other players about this "private" conversation, it's just easier to print it publicly. This mostly deals with things I'm going to put into my own turn submission, however I'm kind of assuming Gener will take this into consideration for his non-DSP actions.]

Goodman Gener. I'll again be leaving town to stir up more audience and participants for the Tournament. But I wanted to personally assure you of my support for the wall. I've instructed my factor to begin sending funds to building the wall. I've asked the Builder's Guild to make this a priority. I expect that the initial phases will be mostly clearing land and laying the foundation, but they will want your input for some of the layout and soforth. I'm no expert in these things, so I thought it would be easier to just instruct them to take their leadership from you in this area.
Follower of Azver, friend to all in Twinsriver, and person who can get stuff done.
Gener
Servant of the Land

Post by Gener »

I am also no craftsman, Krinn, so I expect Brand may want to guide the construction. However, to minimize the resources required, I would suggest using much of what we already have, building upon the outside-facing walls of the houses and businesses, leaving the bulk of the construction across the lanes—except at the cardinal points of the village for the gates—and open areas. There should also be enough room at the top of the wall for the watch to patrol.

Speaking of, after a string of thefts several weeks ago, I formed a civilian police force from volunteers throughout the village, trained to help the village out and be watchful for illicit activity. For added protection, many are practitioners of Fai'shon. Of course, it's one thing to have a group watch over a couple of farms, but another for an entire village. Perhaps we could use some of the increased trade to support this group as an official constabulary.
Brand
Servant of the Land

Post by Brand »

"Gener, of course! I'll be honored to lead the works to build the walls"

"Laurel, i spoke with the Council of Elders, and I already have their blessing to do what I'm going to explain to you"

"I know that the Tournament of the Sword is the main event and, as far as i know, the only one that has a great resonance. I'd like to institute a new tournament! A tournament for those, like me, who are skilled artisans. I'd like to see people using their skills to create wondrous items, in any form. From the sculpture to the blacksmith, from tailoring to woodcraft."

"What do you think? Could we find a way to arrange it?"

EDIT: avoid double post ;)
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"A competition for artisans is a wonderful concept, Master Smith. However, with the construction of Festival Hall, and the proposed construction of the new wall around the city, let us not stretch the resources of our village too far. Instead of a separate tournament, let us institute an artisan competition/juried fair to run in conjunction with the Tournament of the Sword. Many of the performances and artwork could be shown in Festival Hall, and if a smaller amphitheater is part of the complex, competition among real time craftsmen and husbandry can take place there.

"Should the fair prove to be successful, we can then approach the Builders Guild on solid ground to request additional venues for further expanded competition.

"Would this be an acceptable start, Brand? Until this upcoming year, even the Tournament of the Sword has been fairly unorganized and erratic. It has taken the dedication of Krinn and many others to build it to the point where we hope for the commercial success we expect it to be. Yet already there has been protest to what some see as potential downfalls to success . Let us move slowly, and ensure the well planned growth of Twinsriver, while retaining the heart and spirit of the village and people we love."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Brand
Servant of the Land

Post by Brand »

"You speak wisely Laurel. I understand your reasons, and I will double my effort to organize the event. With your help I'm sure it will be a great contest that will be remembered for a long time"
Gener
Servant of the Land

Post by Gener »

I must make one small amendment to the crier's announcement: it is only non-citizens of Twinsriver that need to surrender their weapons at the gates. The masters at arms will see that they are returned in exactly the same condition in which they were received. Azver, if you—or any one else—have people who want to fill these positions, I will make sure they are installed in the Watch.

If it pleases my fellow prophets, the people of the village, and the elders, I would suggest, though, that all weapons be peace-tied with a seal that can be inspected should need arrive.

Masterful work on the wall, master Brand. I see the elders decided to go with stone from the quarry instead of iron. While I respect their decision, I will do my best to see that your exquisite ironwork be used exclusively for the gates. All who enter Twinsriver will know that a world-renowned smith calls the village home.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The Harper looked around at the assembled artisans and swelled with pride.

“Welcome. Welcome good people who feel the surge of creativity in their soul. Our Lady is pleased with your efforts to beautify and excel. For those yet to make my acquaintance, I am Laurel, journeyman Harper and prophet for the Lady Aurora, Mistress of Artistry.

“Before us is the shell of Festival Hall. Is it not already magnificent? Some of you may have already felt the Lady’s hand on your work here. She is pleased with what has been done so far, and as long as we strive to produce our best, will continue to enhance what is yet to be created.

“The Council has charged me with finding places for you all. Besides the ongoing construction of Festival Hall; we need architects, planners, builders, sculptors, and painters for the proposed wall around the city. Others of you shall meet with me in small groups so we can determine placement for you. Please let me know if any of you also have Harper training, whether in the crafthall or from a Harper placed in your own village.

“Also, should any of you have children, they are welcome to attend my afternoon sessions in the Lady’s glade. As well as any of you who would like to come lead a session for the children.

“Finally, in closing…

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home
."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Bela Gin
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bela Gin »

"People of Twinsriver. I am in great need. Li is in great need. Desperate need. In my dreams, I see him standing in the forest, beckoning to me, and then he is being consumed in flames, reaching out for me to save him. Try as I might, I cannot reach him. My strength is waning, and I am not gifted with more divine power.

"I have no idea what is attacking Li, or how to help him. I can only think to ask that everyone keep Li in your thoughts and prayers. He is deserving of all of our best thoughts, not only for the safety he provided our village during his life, but also for the aid he gave when the wolves were attacking. Even if you do not worship him, please try to send him your strength and wish him well. Please stop by the altar at my dojo if you can. Those who worship him, spend extra time at the altar. If all of our thoughts and prayers do nothing other than tell me what is attacking him, it will be a victory of some sort.

"After I saw the shadow-thing that may be the murderer of Gener's brother, I thought to ask Li to enhance my senses, so that I could more easily see things that threaten us. He did so, and the Nine and I have patrolled often. I have not seen anything unnatural since that shadow-thing.

"I also asked Li to help Brand enhance Vitarus in whatever way he thought appropriate to fight the things that are coming at us. He has done so, and Vitarus is now unbreakable. Once again, my great thanks to you, Brand.

"Li is doing these things for all of us. So that Twinsriver can remain the place we love; a place we want to raise the next generations. Please help me to help Li."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The Harper stands silently, calling on her own gifts from her Lady to assess the exotic looking men and women before her in colorful garb. Suddenly smiling broadly, she gives an open armed bow, then straightens and welcomes the dancers and musicians.

"Dear friends from Aswan to the east, I welcome you to Twinsriver and am glad Krinn guided you to me. He seems a good judge of character, as I sense no stain of trouble nor crime about you."

Beckoning towards the construction site of Festival Hall, Laurel continues, "As you can see, our village is constructing a magnificent performance venue. However, it is still the majority of a year away from being completed. In the meantime, The Lady's followers are preparing for her Holy Month and Festival Day. Your troupe will be more than welcome to perform in honor of Our Lady, and I expect you will be received most highly. But the Lady's Holy Festival is also several months away.

"The Council of Elders has appointed me to assign the postings of the artisans of Twinsriver; let us first find accommodations for you, then meet in quieter quarters to discuss your reasons for traveling here and see if there are any artistic patrons who will sponsor you or commission performances from you.

"Again, welcome. Bring Light and Joy among us, and we will strive to return the same to you."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Brand
Servant of the Land

Post by Brand »

"Gener, Thank you for your words. I'm glad to hear you appreciated my work. I want to say that it is an honor to serve Twinsriver giving it a better defense. I'll do my best to forge masterwork doors that will be told as legend and the first breath taking look to our wonderful Home."

"Azver, You are always welcome in my forge. Glad to be of some use for your cause."
Marianna of Twinsriver
Servant of the Land

Post by Marianna of Twinsriver »

The Councillor
Gener
Servant of the Land

Post by Gener »

The lady appears to have something on her mind.
Ianua
Servant of the Land

Post by Ianua »

Magicians didn't hold any significant meaning in Twinsriver recently. No way the small tricks and insights could rival the powers given by the gods, spirits and ancestors. And Ianua didn't even try to prove the necessity of such work, actually, didn't try to work in any normal way at all. The most usual answer to a request was that such a small thing as requested could easily be done without any magic at all. People usually just shrugged and went to other magicians - or actually followed the so-called advice.

Ianua returned to the old scrolls and tablets calmly, but there was a thing that took much more time - sleep. Not like simply the normal rest all people have - sometimes sleeping for whole days, as if the dreams, or something in them, mattered more than anything in the awakening world.

But this day was different somehow, the magician was not only wide awake, but showed keen interest in everything around, nothing like the usual sleepy inaction. And most certainly soon faced the question of what happened - of the reason behind the change - was it that the dreams lost their attraction, a realization they were nothing like the real life, after all the strange talk about them being not less real? The magician smiled.

"It is true I believed my dreams to be not less then reality. And now I know."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The harper’s head slowly nodded as she listened to the Town Crier. With the attacks that occurred still unexplained, it makes sense to train everyone in defense

But then she stiffened and her mouth slowly opened in shock as the Town Crier continued:
”Azver will accept all who wish to join the Twinsriver Offensive Militia, and Krinn will review applicants for suitability in the Twinsriver Expeditionary and Reconnaissance Force.”
Offense?
Reconnaissance???
Whom are we thinking of attacking? And why?

Her mouth then closed with a steely snap as the Town Crier finished:
”The village Elders are seeking competitive bids on welcome houses and visitor gardens to be built outside the gates of Twinsriver."
Outside the gates? What sense of hospitality is this? Near the gates was understood, but inside, to allow free access by family and friends. How is this securing the “heart” of Twinsriver?

Looking around as her fellow residents continued about their business, barely noticing the announcements, Laurel shook her head in wide-eyed wonder. They have had so little contact with the outside world; the lessons of the epic songs have not reached many of their ears

The next day, as most in the marketplace were settling down to enjoy a noon day meal, Laurel strode to the platform where the Town Crier shared the village news. Starting with the horn the smith crafted for her, its sweet sound drew the attention of all within hearing. Then breaking out her lute, the harper played a few rounds of popular ditties, encouraging singing and dancing among her audience.

Once her winded audience was settling back down with smiles and laughter, the harper struck a solemn chord. When all eyes were upon her, she continued:

“Those of us trained in the craft of Harpering are known to be entertainers, jesters, artisans. But another of our responsibilities is to ensure the knowledge of important legends and epic songs.

“Such is The Lay of Xenobia.”

Many years ago, in a time beyond our reckoning of years, far to the west there was a fertile land. Her people were industrious and happy with their lives. The rulers were benevolent, and enjoyed hosting and being hosted by foreign dignitaries.

On one trip to another land, one of the king’s sons was killed unexpectedly. This prince was quite distant in line to the throne, but he was loved by his parents and the citizens of Xenobia nonetheless. Demands were made from within Xenobia for the killers to be apprehended, but after the other land investigated, all they could turn up with was that the killing was a random occurrence. This was an unsatisfactory answer to the citizens and rulers of Xenobia, and war was declared.

This war lasted a long time, and was debilitating to both lands; bankrupting both economies. Eventually, the other land won. But instead of being merciful to the conquered, they milked them for all they could, driving them further and further in to hardship, while the victors rebuilt their own economy and got fat off the product of Xenobia.

Decades passed, and still the hardship on Xenobia continued. However, slowly political strictures eased, and instead of returning to a ruling class, elections were held. One such man, Fax, ran on the promise of the return to glory and honor, and was easily elected. But turning the economy around was difficult, and soon Fax was looking for other ways to boost his people’s confidence and loyalty.

Eventually, he chose to make the roamers, the gypsies, his scapegoat. In Xenobia, many of the gypsy bands were non-natives, and Fax found it easy to convince native Xenobians they were the supreme race, and “outsiders” needed to be confined to areas where they could be watched and constantly controlled. Isolated enclaves, like leper colonies, were established outside the safety of city walls for outsiders. These enclaves were patrolled constantly, and brutality was rampant. Not only were the gypsies kept from the towns proper, but their right to roam, to pursue their own livelihood, was denied them as well. Once they entered a "welcome house and visitors garden" -- and eventually they were rounded up and forced in to them -- there was usually no escape.

But a few lucky ones managed to escape and tell the tale of what was happening in Xenobia. Several countries still remembered the extent of the war all those years ago, and they feared if Xenobians believed they were superior to others, that eventually they would leave their own borders and make war again. So they chose to attack preemptively.

Again, the war lasted years. Fax had recruited the best and finest among the young of Xenobia and built up his forces. His people had their faith in him. They were the supreme!

But they lost again. And when the truth of the welcome houses and visitors gardens became widespread, they lived with the shame of what they were manipulated into until their land and their history faded from memory except this tale.

Putting her lute aside, Laurel quietly leaves the marketplace to let her words sink in.

The next day, Laurel has an audience before the Council of Elders.

“Good Elders of Twinsriver, what is the purpose of the wall and gates around our town? In the words of our magistrate, it is ‘to protect the heart of Twinsriver.’ Perhaps we need to define what the ‘heart of Twinsriver’ is.

“Yes, there have been attacks from unknown sources. But while the perpetrators have not been found, reasonable steps have been made to ensure our safety. Becoming afraid of all outsiders; restricting their access to our village, whether they are here for commerce or tourism, will only hurt us in the end.

"What will become of the Tournament of the Sword, if visitors and dignitaries are manhandled before being allowed to enter? What will become of our exports and imports, via vendors such as the reputable JWK Merchants in the marketplace, if caravans are hindered from entering?

“The ‘heart of Twinsriver’ is not our citizenship; not our holdings; not even our unity. Our ‘heart’ is how we treat one another and any and all visitors with respect and honor. Without that, we may as well all retreat to our homes and isolate ourselves. Keep the heart of Twinsriver beating. Let us not lose it in our pursuit of justice---nay, nor perhaps our pursuit of revenge.

"These 'welcome houses and visitors gardens' need to be inside our walls. Visitors need protection as well; once clear of the gates, let them be welcome in the manner we are known for providing.

“Build a defensive guard; train our citizens to protect themselves in case they are attacked. But leave off building an offense. We have no known enemies, and no reason to go on the offensive. Why detract the manpower from our defense or industry to build an offense when one is not necessary? Why train a reconnaissance force? It is not necessary!”

Stepping back from the speakers circle in the Elders forum, the harper lowers her gaze and breaths out a slow sigh.

“I have been many years away to attain my harper training. But I knew I was home as soon as I forded the rivers. Twinsriver as we know it will become lost to memory, if we continue along the path of war.”

Having put her heart on her sleeve, Laurel folds her hands in front of her, and awaits the Council’s reply.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~

Return to “Prophets”