The OFFICIAL 2012 New England 'Fest Thread!

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I'm local so I'll be there.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That's cool, but Way's point is that we need people to pledge to kick in cash for the cottage rental. We don't have a freebie any more because Jenn's not coming.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

can someone help me with setting up a book that everyone there can sign for me and send back to Texas? we need to come up with a good (obscure) book. if anyone has suggestions or the perfect book please reply.

unless we win the lottery there is no way we can come and i am heartbroken over this.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Sherman Landlearner
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sherman Landlearner »

sgt.null wrote:can someone help me with setting up a book that everyone there can sign for me and send back to Texas? we need to come up with a good (obscure) book. if anyone has suggestions or the perfect book please reply.

unless we win the lottery there is no way we can come and i am heartbroken over this.
The original Princess Bride, the long, long one that they abridged, and made into a movie. Reminiscent of the movie, but obscure due to the movie's popularity in the abridged format.
I’m not afraid of Death. What’s he going to do, kill me?
THOOLAH! THOOLAH! THOOLAH!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

William Goldman's "good parts" abridgement of the S. Morgenstern classic The Princess Bride would be a popular choices with Watchers. The movie version was the feature film shown at danlo's after the dinner with SRD during the 2007 Elohimfest and remains a frequently quoted work.

The original S. Morgenstern book is a bit too obscure, since it never actually existed. ;)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I'm still coming if it's happening.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Savor Dam wrote:William Goldman's "good parts" abridgement of the S. Morgenstern classic The Princess Bride would be a popular choices with Watchers. The movie version was the feature film shown at danlo's after the dinner with SRD during the 2007 Elohimfest and remains a frequently quoted work.

The original S. Morgenstern book is a bit too obscure, since it never actually existed. ;)
TPB is also the background behind a 2007 E'fest video, "Papal Bulls."
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sherman Landlearner wrote:
sgt.null wrote:can someone help me with setting up a book that everyone there can sign for me and send back to Texas? we need to come up with a good (obscure) book. if anyone has suggestions or the perfect book please reply.

The original Princess Bride, the long, long one that they abridged, and made into a movie. Reminiscent of the movie, but obscure due to the movie's popularity in the abridged format.
so who has a spare copy?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”