Heart of God: Rules & Discussion

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Damn. Sorry to hear it. And only four players...
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Certainly I'm not going to keep you all waiting - sent the turn. Feel free to tell me to hurry up if such a thing happens next time.

Sorry to hear about Syl, maybe he can still find some time?

Though, well, more chances for the others)
A role-player, beware
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

So then results will be in, what, a couple more hours? :banana:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Tomorrow. Guarantee it.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Nice. So then you can set your NEXT deadline for Oct 1st like the rest of us, then we all stay in sync?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Guess so. But it'll probably fall out of sync again, since I'm pushing for 2-week turnaround rather than monthly.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Aww man. Once my head gets into Inferno results, it's hard to get me to think about the other games. Unless Fist nudges me a few times.

Fist, that's your job. Hound me about Heart of Gold turns.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

How about I hound you about Heart of God turns, instead?
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Since you've already won... can you confirm that the Heart of God isn't made of Gold?

And somehow stored in a whore? (Get it? Whore with a heart of God? Hahahahaha! And since God is dead, its heart is dead, so the whore might also be dead.)

Ah... dead hooker jokes never go out of style. Comedy gold, every time.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

And things are getting interesting already...

Turn 3 Notes

- Turn deadline is Monday, 1st of October. Little shorter than I'd like, but gets us back on Mondays and in sync with other games for now.
- Syl is now no longer considered to be an active player. Shimone remains on the stats, but followers will continue to lose faith so long as their god is absent, and the idol will eventually fade entirely.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Now that it's become obvious, I guess I can feel free to discuss a conundrum I had when putting together the rules for the game.

You see, there was a massive flaw in the original version of the rules. In the first version, you started the game with 10 Faith. At any point in the game, if a player goes below 10 Faith, their power is severely restricted. And I made the call not to include a "beginners immunity".

I'm not sure if anyone spotted the flaw in this, because if they did they kept it to themselves: Any player who attacked another in the very first turn would immediately deal a crippling blow to their opponent. They'd automatically have a massive advantage.

I went back and forth over how to fix this, from adjusting the defeat rules to adding in the beginners' immunity. In the end, what I did was raise the starting conditions to 15 Faith, to make it much harder to push anyone into that critical zone.

Since everyone starts off equal, I didn't - and still don't - think it was a mistake to not include immunity. Your opinions may differ.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Goat noticed, and mentioned it to me. I've never thought the immunity was necessary anyway, so didn't care.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Fist, you make it sound like I knew all along and have been plotting this as an exploit or something.

I just figured it out the other day. And when I did, I immediately built my turn around it.

And anyway, it wasn't nearly the decisive blow I'd hoped for. Which is pretty much was Murrin was aiming for.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I didn't make it sound that way. Not on purpose, anyway. Fact is, despite Murrin saying "Now that it's become obvious..." I didn't know an attack had taken place, because I only read the Events post just now. So I certainly wasn't trying to out you as the aggressor. I was just saying the difference between this and some of the other games regarding immunity had been pointed out to me, but I'd never cared about immunity anyway.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Murrin, I think it's quite fine, the 15 from the start and the points added later were quite enough to even have some more above 10 for now, and I see your point about beginner's immunity, especially since there's no in-story reason for it - I think just making it not too easy to kill off someone in general is well.

Fist, in case you're worried you outed Goat - I guessed it was him immediately on reading the results, even more surely on looking who did what with Faith)
A role-player, beware
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yeah, I wasn't hiding anything. Honestly, I'd hoped to wipe out all of your guys right then, then I'd gloat about it for a while. Instead, I bloodied your nose, and I get to be all nervous about the repercussions.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Goatkiller666 wrote:Yeah, I wasn't hiding anything. Honestly, I'd hoped to wipe out all of your guys right then, then I'd gloat about it for a while.
Heh, good Murrin did include some restrictions after all) And good worrying about defenses was the first thing I did on the first turn) - apparently had to be even better, but something.
Goatkiller666 wrote:Instead, I bloodied your nose, and I get to be all nervous about the repercussions.
:twisted:

Certainly it could be interesting to try, and I already have two possible plans to turn your island into your disadvantage :twisted:

But I'm still thinking on that, and you can think on the possible repercussions yet) - I have to admit, I'm not interested in winning above playing, and we already have just 4 people, let alone the fact I don't feel like kicking someone out of the game and spoiling the fun - and perhaps Murrin can keep me from that even if I try)
Last edited by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
A role-player, beware
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, one of the benefits of a game with a defined end is that even if someone gets killed off, the game will be over "real soon now" anyway. Especially if Murrin can maintain this breakneck pace with processing turns.

If Syl were still actively participating, I might try to get some kind of OOC alliance with him and Caam, so we can all submit turns as complex as we can make them, just to slow him down. He's making us look bad. I don't think just half of the players being jealous of him would be the critical mass we'd need, though.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

I mean I'd rather see all the players taking part till almost the end at least, preferably till the end, when one takes the heart.
A role-player, beware
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Turn sent. Sorry Eff.

Return to “Heart of God”