review what you are reading

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

There's not a great deal to tell about Challengers #1 Vol 2. Old skool, 3 color, bazooka joe's. Although there were one or two neat little continuity tricks, for example, a terrorist bomb loaded into a toy robot marched between the captions from page to page as the story unfolded toward a big bang. funny!

I did like the trivia concerning the find of a new energy source radiating from somewhere in deep space - "better than promethium", it was said.
Not being scientifically minded I googled promethium, and, was fascinated how scientists have detected natural promethium in the spectrum of a star from the constellation of Andromeda.
But no explanations please, it all goes over the top of my head!

This was the first installment of 8, and was only able to add issue #6, #7, and #8, which look like they'd been drawn by a five year old ... meh!
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

I'd only gone into my local Oxfam bookstore to buy some of their excellent filter coffee, when on leaving I happened to notice this comic, El Cazador. I had no intention of buying any comic books that day, and yet, the fine (computer) art of the (coffee-coloured) cover just begged for a SALE. And you know this, I could almost hear Captain Sin hollering along with her bloodthirsty crew of pirate degenarates ... buy me, yeh yellar-belly land'lubber ... Aye my hearties - the answering call of Captain Harry and his band of slimy privateers - he's no sea-faring cut-throat ... nay! ... he'd rather spend his 99p on a pkt of chocky biscuits ... aye, t'dunk in is coffee ... ahrrrr!
Well I did decide to buy the El Cazador comic. Not because of the strange swashbuckling voices inside my head but actually because of the issue - #6 JUNE 2004 - as it just happened to be the 6th of June that day (this Monday last). Well, I'm kinda funny that way!

And I did enjoy reading it, this final instalment of the adventure, so much so in fact that I dropped back into the bookstore today to buy the only other one they had on offer, ...
... issue #4 (Jan 2004).
Which I'll read at a later date.

For anyone interested in the title of the comic El Cazador, there really was a ship by that name which had a huge impact on the history of America.
Read all about it on this terrific website - LINK

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”