Heart of God: Game Thread

Moderator: I'm Murrin

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Heart of God: Game Thread

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 23

Events

- The weather is better than normal, and the people thank you for it.
- The Tower of the Dark of the Moon is shattered by a great force. The power shielding the City of Angels weakens dramatically. Only one Tower remains to prevent your power touching the region around the City.
- Great works of Faith are wrought in the north, east, and west; the dams continue to be shaped to contain the water flow.
- Otherwise, little occurs.

The Idols

Aisha
Followers: 761
Faith: 44

Azathaerlth
Followers: 284
Faith: 33

Erd
Followers: 190
Faith: 23

Jove
Followers: 575
Faith: 40

Shimonë [Inactive]
Followers: 0
Faith: 0

Non-Player Characters

Sataniel
Followers: 224
Fervour: 38
Last edited by I'm Murrin on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Aisha
Stonedownor

Post by Aisha »

Long ago, the first priest of Aisha lay dying. He was not Aisha's priest then. Neither he, nor anyone else, had ever heard of Aisha at that point. Mar was simply a young man, exploring a cave. But he was careless, as he often was. He fell from a ledge, slick with moisture, and lay broken at the bottom. The injuries would not kill him. But one arm and one leg were badly broken. He could not get out. He would surly die after a number of days, if he was not found. But nobody knew where he was. Even if the whole village went out to search, he would be extraordinarily lucky if they found him this far down.

After five days, Mar was almost dead. He was barely conscious. But then, a miracle! He had been digging as best he could in the dirt and rocks, hoping against hope to find... Anything. Anything that might possibly be used to help him in any way. Finally, with the last swipes of his hand over the ground, he brushed against a stone. It did not feel special in any way. Just a smooth, egg-shaped stone.

But suddenly, Mar was more hale. Just a little, but, in his current state, it was immediately noticeable. He was suddenly fully conscious. And more, as he kept his hand on the stone, his strength grew. After what seemed to be an hour our two (telling time was beyond him at this point), he felt even better. Well enough to dig this stone entirely out of the ground. It was almost the size of two fists.

And the whole time, Mar got stronger yet. He thought it was the touch of the stone that was helping him. (And he thought he was delusional for thinking such a thought.) After another period of time that felt like an entire day (but was really only six hours), he felt as he did on the day after he fell. Still broken, but fully alive. No longer on the brink of death.

Mar lived until a friend, knowing Mar's habits, finally found the right cave, four days later.
Jove
Stonedownor

Post by Jove »

The story of Jove is a very simple one. It began with a merchant named Jerold.

One evening, a caravan stopped at a river for the night. Weary and dusty travelers dismounted from their horses and servants and slaves attended to the tired animals and cattle, unhitching the great wagons laden with merchant goods. This time of day held much activity as tents were raised, beds and litters laid out for the night and the smell of food being prepared wafted through the air.

Jerold directed his servants to see to his goods. He had traveled this route many times before and felt comfortable at this stop. He was well-liked among the merchant circles, if not overtly successful, and he was always quick with a laugh or a joke. An honest merchant, if truth be told, and he was ribbed relentlessly by the other merchants who jokes that he was “virginal” in his innocence and claimed that his honesty was what kept him in the poorhouse.

Jerold did not see himself as poor. He felt he had integrity and would not appreciate being lied to, as some of the other merchants were wont to do. Why would a customer want to do business with such a man who lied or embellished the virtues of this product or that? Ah, well, he would sigh to himself. He was what he was and he wasn’t going to change. He made a tidy little living and was for the most part, content.

Yet, this trip he was very excited. At his last stop, he had picked up a beautiful turquoise statue. It was shaped as a woman with a cornucopia in her hand. The turquoise was light blue, like the sky in the morning and where the eyes would be, were dark blue stones (the seller called them sapphires). He was convinced that he could make a nice sale off the statue. It was very well made and some wealthy patron might enjoy it.

As the weeks and months went on though, the statue never sold. But, everything else did. Jerold experienced a surge in his sales. While everyone noticed the statue and commented on it, no one bought it and Jerold never sold it. After a while, he stopped trying and began to look at the statue as his good luck charm. He named the statue “Jove” and would often talk to the statue as if to an old friend. “Another good sale, wouldn’t you say, Jove?” after a profitable day or, “Do you like your new home, Jove?” in reference to the flowers he placed around the statue.

Jerold’s reputation began to grow along with his purse. Other merchants began to take more notice of him and he was increasingly invited to dinners and parties among the wealthier residents of his trade cities. Other merchants began to jokingly ask if they could “borrow” Jove to help their businesses but Jerold would politely refuse. He even had a few merchants offer to buy the statue but again Jerold would not part with her. Instead, merchants began to touch the statue as a gesture of good luck – “touching the statue will bring a profitable market day” they would say.

It was in this way that Jove became a patron of merchants.
Azathaerlth
Servant of the Land

Post by Azathaerlth »

On a night torn asunder by a terrible storm, strange visions appeared in the sky over the sea. As if the world really had holes torn in it, with the worlds beyond showing. People from all the villages around gathered to see - and to be close to each other to soothe the fear.

In the morning there was no sign anything changed at first - it was sunny and shiny, hard to believe anything happened at night. But some curious people searched the shores for any signs left. Their search was successful in a way - or dreadfully unsuccessful, depends on who you ask. They found something that looked like those otherworldly visions - but looking damaged, broken, not whole, as if only a piece of it was present, cut off abruptly here, trailing into half-existance there - even showing no percievable sign of life.

Most of the people were reluctant to even get close to the thing so out of place - but some got thrilled by the strange looks and the otherworldly origin. They started to bring gifts to the strange thing, and they tried to ask it for patronage. Those people soon became percieved as strange, both because of the object of their attention itself, and because there was no apparent reason to think it had any power, moreover in its current state. But they persisted, and sometimes persistance on its own can allow to reach far beyond the wildest dreams.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 1

Events

- The weather has been unusually good this month, an effect many people ascribe to the favour of their chosen idol.
- An outpouring of Faith is felt by the idols in the far east, around Coral Village, and again in the north, near the confluence of the rivers.
- A similar concentration of Faith is felt in the west, near to Aishaville; this one lingers afterward, and moves southward toward the town of Newhaven.
- A particularly dramatic display is felt in the east along the course of the great river: as the Faith surges there, an island rises from the riverbed, disrupting the flow of water as it forms.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 2

Events

- The good weather continues, and the mortals give their blessings to the idols they serve for it.
- Divine power blooms once again in the north, suffusing the earth and the hills near the confluence of the rivers - you all feel its flow, and know that a great boon is done there.
- Another great swell of Faith is felt in Newhaven, much like the one the month before. Again, this Faith appears to linger afterwards, stronger.
- Faith again slowly blooms around Coral Village, a great and healthy power.
- As the month draws near its end, more power is felt in Coral Village. A great sinkhole appears in the earth, swallowing several houses and drowning them in water of the river. You sense a battle fought, then, among what remains.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 3

Events

- Faith swells in the west, but lessened, stretched about the lands of Newhaven and Aishaville.
- A smaller welling of Faith in that region has a greater impact: That faint, lingering sense of power strengthens, and is now constant. There is an object of power here, and you can all feel its presence.
- You feel the power of Faith moulding and shaping the earth once again around Insarsoffin.
- Another bloom of Faith occurs in the north, infusing a sense of health and life into the hills there. A small power lingers there...
- Finally, faith infuses the area around Coral Village, seeming to encourage some sort of growth and strength there.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 4

Events

- The weather this month has been exceptional, and your people are thankful to you for this boon.
- A nomadic people have entered the land from the east, moving through the grasslands.
- The working of Faith is felt in Coral Village, upon the earth of Insarsoffin, in the lands surrounding Aishaville, and in the air above Jovian.
- A persistant glow of Faith can be felt in the west, around Aishaville, and it grows again at the start of this month. You become more aware of it the stronger it grows: It is small, and moves as if borne by a mortal. Late in the month, it travels north to the town of Prospect.
- Another, lesser glow of Faith is felt in the north, around Jovian.
- You had sensed a Faith gone astray, without target, in the northern mountains, at Okten, but now you notice a change, as some portion of it seems to have found a new focus.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 5

Events

- The weather continues to be exceptional, and your people are thankful to you for this boon.
- The working of Faith is felt in Coral Village; along the route between Newhaven, Aishaville, and Prospect; and within the town of Jovian.
- The glow of a divine artifact continues, in the city of Prospect; however, during the month you sense its power dim somewhat - you can still feel the object there, but are no longer sure of its precise location.
- A great swelling of Faith is felt near Insarsoffin, as the earth warps and reshapes itself, and the flow of the river is disrupted.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 6

Events

- The weather continues to be exceptional, and your people are thankful to you for this boon.
- The working of Faith is felt in Coral Village; along the route between Newhaven, Aishaville, and Prospect; and in the lands surrounding Aishaville and Jovian.
- The glow of a divine artifact continues, moving from the town of Prospect to Aishaville, but the precise location of this artifact remains obscured.
- The power of Faith is felt in the town of Gaven's Bridge, and with it much unrest.
- Water from the dammed river in the East escapes its banks and begins to flood the grasslands to its north. The water flow east of the dam returns as the reservoir fills, but at reduced strength.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 7

Events

- The glow of Faith is felt from Coral Village, and along the river near Prospect Mill.
- The glow of a divine artifact, felt for so long, now begins to fade from your senses. You feel it travelling directly east from Aishaville for some time before it finally fades out of sight entirely.
- The power of Faith parts the dam at Insarsoffin, and the waters of the newly-formed lake flood downriver.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 8

Events

- The weather is unseasonably warm.
- You feel the working of Faith again in Insarsoffin - where the dam once again closes - Gaven's Bridge, Coral Village, and near Prospect Mill.
- The great artifact of Faith you sense in Aishaville dims, its power seeming much diminished.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 9

Events

- You feel the working of Faith again around Insarsoffin, first with a bloom of creation, and then one of destruction, as the dam violently collapses, flooding the lands downriver.
- Faith also blooms just outside of Aishaville.
- Your sense of a powerful item of Faith near Aishaville continues, but does not return to the strength it previously possessed.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 10

Events

- Faith blooms around Aishaville and Prospect Mill, and in the area of Coral Village.
- You continue to sense a great artifact of Faith near Aishaville, though still not so strong as it felt two [insert appropriate time period for a turn] ago.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 11

Events

- The Hidden Land is quiet, with no new Faith felt in any part of it.
- You still feel the artifact of Faith near Aishaville.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 12

Events

- The power of Faith is felt along the river near Insarsoffin and toward Gaven's Bridge, and in Coral Village.
- The artifact of Faith in the west is joined with another great strength, which seems to move right into the presence of the Tower of Fallen Stars. What occurs there is unknown, but the power soon moves back westward.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 13

Events

- The Tower of Fallen Stars has been destroyed! An item of great Faith went up to the Tower, then both vanished in a great shock that left nothing remaining.
- A great power of Faith blooms near Insarsoffin, where a new, enormous statue appears over the river.
- A smaller bloom of faith is felt in Coral Village.
Aisha
Stonedownor

Post by Aisha »

That was not what I had in mind. I wish they had been more reasonable. Perhaps they will from here on.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 14

Events

- The great statue at Insarsoffin uproots itself from the earth and marches upriver and to the north.
- A bloom of Faith is felt throughout the northern lands of Jovian and Okten.
- You feel a sense of Faith working down within the earth all over the eastern grasslands.
- The weather is good, and your people thank you for it.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Turn 15

Events

- The working of Faith can be felt in the east around the river, and in Aishaville in the west and Jovian in the north great workings of Faith create objects that continue to radiate the power of Faith afterward.
- The weather is good, and your people thank you for it.

Return to “Heart of God”