KW on iPhone or iPod Touch

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Vain
Nom

KW on iPhone or iPod Touch

Post by Vain »

I've been away (no kidding! :) )

I have added a mod that allows you to view the forum on the run - iPhone and iPod touch only I fear.

Go to App store and download touchbb (there's a lite version and a paid version...no idea what the difference is though) and you should be able to view the forum and post and stuff :)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hahahaha, right, 'cause what we really need is another device to see the errors on. ;)

--A
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Errors? :( just when I thought it was safe to return...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hahaha, you got one on this post, didn't you?

(Same as always, just been an increase lately it looks like.)

--A
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Oh, that was you then , Vain, behind that popup I received this morning on my iPad. I tried downloading it this morning, only for it to abort. Obviously, I see now since the app wasn't made for the iPad.

Edit. It did download, but now I have to figure out how to set it for the Watch.
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Android? Please?
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Re: KW on iPhone or iPod Touch

Post by aliantha »

Vain wrote:I've been away (no kidding! :) )

I have added a mod that allows you to view the forum on the run - iPhone and iPod touch only I fear.

Go to App store and download touchbb (there's a lite version and a paid version...no idea what the difference is though) and you should be able to view the forum and post and stuff :)
Just in time for the trip to Europe! Maybe I won't have to haul the netbook with me, after all! :Hail:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hey look! It works! :S

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've not had any trouble just using the ordinary site on my phone's browser. /shrug

I tend to dislike mobile versions of websites anyway.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

aliantha wrote:Hey look! It works! :S
Hmm, except for the emoticon. Maybe I typed in the wrong code (did it from memory, which is just about guaranteed to be faulty...) I was after this guy: :S

Maybe it doesn't support the "more emoticons". Ah well, it seems to work anyhow. Thanks, Vain! :)

EZ Board Survivor

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Ironically, I had to pick Android or Apple about a month ago. I went Android.

Of course.

There is a Tapatalk app available on Android. But the BBboard extensions to support this require BBboard3 I guess, which we don't have.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I appreciate the effort, but the format is so dramatically different that what I've grown accustomed to that I think I'll just stick with accessing KW through Safari.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

To each his or her own. :)

EZ Board Survivor

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I have accessed the Watch from my phone's browser. (And posted a couple of times.)

The process could use some improvement ... I can't read it unless I zoom in, and then I have to pan left to right and back again to read an entire sentence.

(And don't get me going about the spell-corrector. Like my 13yo once TXTed to me ... Spellchecker ducks!)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Which browser do you use, wayfriend? The default Android one is pretty bad. I use Dolphin browser. At least in the latest versions, it tries to rearrange text to fit in the screen space rather than making you scroll around. (Just tested on the forums, zooming on a post made the text adjust to fit.)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The default one on my Galaxy S3. I have no idea which one it is, and I certainly don't know anything about changing it to something else! I only have had this thing since July! Not to mention I am trying to not let it be a complete time-suck.

Thanks for the heads up -- I will look into my browser choices at first opportunity.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

wayfriend wrote:Ironically, I had to pick Android or Apple about a month ago. I went Android.

Of course.

There is a Tapatalk app available on Android. But the BBboard extensions to support this require BBboard3 I guess, which we don't have.
Av has been hassling me to upgrade for so long now....we must be the only version 2 board left :) I got an android phone and there dont seem to be any apps that support this version. I kinda like the quick view aspect of it - but its just an option (my apostrophes are failing)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Hey Vain. :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Hey FnF :) It's been a while! I can't believe KW has been around for a DECADE !!!!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I'm Murrin wrote:I use Dolphin browser. At least in the latest versions, it tries to rearrange text to fit in the screen space rather than making you scroll around.
I tried it, and it's a BIT better. It will reflow the text so that it fits the display - barely. But you still have to pan around to move the text into position. And if there is quoted text, that won't reflow.

But the problem is the layout of the page just isn't correct for phones. Keeping the poster name and avatar on the right side just isn't the right layout to use. That's where things like Tapatalk and touchbb help.

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”