Stupid TLD cartoon [FINISHED!!!]

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Stupid TLD cartoon [FINISHED!!!]

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

If ponies and bad illustrating and WF's current contest didn't make you want to rush through the wires in froth-mouthed frenzy to strangle something, this potentially will. Here's a tongue-in-cheek promo of SRD's much-anticipated masterpiece in Saturday morning cartoon style. :twisted:

Spotted anatomy errors and complaints about character designs here before inking begins. This actually took a while despite its primitivity, had to hone the style into something less akin to an outright Hartman rip-off, dig out a bunch of new characters from the pits of the pages, and altogether scrap some horrible designs. How many can you name? It's missing a few yet, moar shall be added in order to traumatize the whole forum for good.

Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Very interesting. I love it.

My guesses:

Top: SWMNBN, Infelice, Foul, WotWE, Kastenessen, a couple scourge.

Giants, Left to Right: Rime Coldspray, Onyx Stonemage, Cirrus Kindwind, Cabledarm, Latebirth, Halewhole Bluntfist, Stormpast Galesend, Frostheart Grueburn, Lostson Longwrath

Bottom, Left to Right: Kelenbhrabanal’s ghost, Clyme, Covenant, Branl, Stave, Jeremiah, Linden, Pahni, Mahrtiir, some Feroce.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Re: TLD cartoon (very rough sketch)

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Wonderful)

I'm afraid I have to admit to not being able to add anything to the guesses, apart from the simple fact mine were lesser and far not so accurate, particularly since I opened the image without mentioning the title much at first, so tried out some characters not supposed to be in TLD, the first thought that crossed my mind about the guy near Linden was that it was Liand, I even was surprised she looked so happy and eager to hug him :biggrin: And perhaps that's just any Ranyhyn.
Frostheart wrote:...It's missing a few yet, moar shall be added in order to traumatize the whole forum for good.
Right, and moar of these)
A role-player, beware
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Very nice :) Is the big toothy monster at the top Foul? And the woman to its left Infelice? If WF is right and the smily thing behind her is SWMNBN, I always thought of her as lacking any sense of humor.

Also, come on! Covenant is so much more at peace with the world and full to the brim with empathy to everyone now. Take that LFB's Covenant back! :(
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

This is slowly getting some improvement... Perhaps it could be used in some upcoming E-fest to annoy participants. Or not.

(Yes the sordid mess will receive a proper background and shading sometime within the next fifty years + some ur-folk and sandgorgons. The original's now somewhere around 6400 pixels wide and has swallowed insane amounts of hours.)

WF guessed almost everything correctly, save mainly for some giants. They pose as follows, from left to right: Rime Coldspray, Stormpast Galesend, Kindwind, Grueburn, Latebirth, Cabledarm, Onyx Stonemage, Halewhole Bluntfist, Longwrath. I'm guilty of some haruchai cloning, since they all bear the same expressionless expression and clothing. Couldn't make mane or tail about the difference between Branl and Clyme within the doorstoppers themselves. The, erm, atrocity of a horse is actually Rainbowarch Wildmagic, who aspired to become something more than My Little, but don't divulge this confidential information to anyone.

Yeah, and Covenant's smirking now. Sorta.

Umm, Shoe, where do you see Voldemortina smiling in the first sketch? Because She's not supposed to.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Frostheart wrote:
Yeah, and Covenant's smirking now. Sorta.

Umm, Shoe, where do you see Voldemortina smiling in the first sketch? Because She's not supposed to.

Thanks guys!
I guess I was wrong about She. Here's an illuminating illustration:

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

I could imagine Voldemortina with that kind of expression if she stumbled across some long-forgotten vitrim brewery in the bowels of the earth.

Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Frostheart wrote:I could imagine Voldemortina with that kind of expression if she stumbled across some long-forgotten vitrim brewery in the bowels of the earth.

:lol:

Well, I suppose this may happen if she ate someone with a lot of laughter in him? She'd been dieting on too much doom and gloom these past millenia.

:!: The Wraiths may have a big role to play in the chronicles yet.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Noooo She may not devour Foamy's ghost! :( :( :(

Those little buggers should be easy to add, and expressly irksome with cute little anime faces. ^__^ Like the Feroce, who look like demented Powerpuff Girls now.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Frostheart wrote:Noooo She may not devour Foamy's ghost! :( :( :(
Well, can she have Pitchwife then? He's full of good spirits, loyal and loving to his wife and can mend her broken stoneheart. He's got it all.
Those little buggers should be easy to add, and expressly irksome with cute little anime faces. ^__^ Like the Feroce, who look like demented Powerpuff Girls now.
Aren't they just bright (maybe iridescent) balls of light? Though adding little smily faces to them might be very nice.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

*DARTH VADER NOOOOOOO*

Not my favorite character of all the chrons! :sob: :sob:
She can, umm...enjoy Foul's jovial, lovey-dovey twin from the alternate Land for breakfast. The ranyhyn can probably arrange a convenient wormhole by combining caesures and wild magic and their posh time-traveling skillz.

Yes they're merely wee little faceless flames, but Saturday morning cartoon crackart requires certain extras. :lol:
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I love this colored version, but where is the other Cord (Bhapa?)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks! Good point, I'll add him. Also ought to cram Roger somewhere, recalled about him too late and cannot alter the general layout any more.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

This coloured version is wonderful, Frosty. I had forgotten that Stave lost an eye - he did, didn't he? Have you had a go at the Mahdoubt?
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Very well done, Frostzie. Spectacular, even. TC's smirk is perfect.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I like how Pahni is looking like she's pissed at Linden. I know the feeling. ;)

I wonder: shouldn't this be in TLD forum?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks everyone!

I've included only characters alive after AATE's chaos, so the Mahdoubt's ghost won't be paying a visit. Unfortunately I found ROTE quite insufferable and haven't drawn any scenes so far...hoping a re-read might at least partially rectify this. Happened with the last Harry Potter book, after all.

Yes Stave lost his eye, getting odd Óðinn vibes from the injuries, considering the Ragnarökkrish atmosphere... Mahrtiir - Höðr, Kindwind - Týr, Longwrath - Loki, etc. Probably over-analyzing, tho. ;)

dlbpharmd wrote:I like how Pahni is looking like she's pissed at Linden. I know the feeling. ;)

I wonder: shouldn't this be in TLD forum?
:lol: She IS pissed at Linden. I may bear the LA tag, but that doesn't mean I have to ignore canon reactions or NOT find her repetitive redundancy department of redundancy thinking irritating in the last chrons.

Umm, doesn't the forum stand locked from the general public? Besides, I've only included info of which everyone's aware by the end of AATE (not that I would know a flying toadstool about the plot; don't have a secret backdoor connection to SRD's computer ;)), so shouldn't count as spoilerific?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Bleh. Still WIP.
But looks rather different to the first sketch, eh. Title's still a placeholder and may have to redraw some of Wormy's teeth.

Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Who's the black and red dude next to Esmer? I am guessing Kastenessen or Roger. But K lost one of his hands, and should be half-skurj. And Roger should have a lava hand. Maybe it's Vain?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Esmer's dead; the blue skurj-naga dude's Kastenessen. Silhouette guy's Roger, he was very difficult to hammer into any suitable slot sans messing up the entire layout. If you look closely, he has a laval right hand. Due to his divine aspirations, he ended up with the immortals into the back row.

I've flattened and merged so many layers I can't change character positions a whit any more. Might be able to fix Roger's face a bit, and that's all.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”