Stupid TLD cartoon [FINISHED!!!]

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Ok, makes perfect sense now! Yes, Kassie does have a bit of extra skurj around his middle, now that I look. Every draft gets better and better, so many fun little corners to find.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

That is a phenomenal work of art! Incredible.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Thanks guys. :)

EDIT: If you want to print this for yourself (No reselling!!) before I've located a suitable online service, download the full-res image from here. (File name "tld13.jpg", 11Mb in size)

Now this is probably as finished as it ever gets. This last darker version utilizes freeware fonts, so printing obstacles have been smashed asunder. Must only find a suitable provider...

I find it ironic that something intended as joke art turned into the most complex piece I've draw in years.

Can be used as wallpapers, etc.

Now to figure out how to get this to SRD so he could smack his head against the nearest wall... :hide:
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Love it. Love it. Love it. Reminds me of when the children were little and we used to look for the worm on each page of the Richard Scarry books. There's so much to see! And the little details - like the pigtail hanging down!
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Congratulations. This picture has really come along. :nanaparty:

(are the new bat eyes around the top characters/race as well?)
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

8O that's some cartoon - and just who said something about the cartoonish feel? ;)
A role-player, beware
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Yay, boogy'ing bananas. Thanks everyone! :banana:

Hmm, might edit those "bat eyes" a bit; my own got fairly tired yesterday, and now some of these emerge as messy. They're just supposed to represent random toadies of Foul or those banes lurking beneath Mount Thunder SRD keeps prattling about.

that's some cartoon - and just who said something about the cartoonish feel?
Well, this WAS supposed to be a joke...down to the "cute" ur-viles and the popeyed ranyhyn with a rainbow mane and a white gold ring stamped to his arse. :P I still think the upside-down wraith's the iffiest crack element here.

Somehow, this style still doesn't fit a story where someone constantly dreams about drowning, rotted people and almost chokes. :P
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Congratulations on the culmination of your creation!

Is there a larger version of this? I think I want a print for my cube, if possible.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

VERY cool, but always pictured Mahrtiir with silver hair...
fall far and well Pilots!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks! Replaced the pic above with another, it has a number of small fixes.

Is there a larger version of this? I think I want a print for my cube, if possible.
Yeah, the original's about thrice the size. I don't think I'll have time to peruse online printing services (DA doesn't allow fanart prints...) before joulu, so I can email you a high-res file if you have your own wherewith of printing.
danlo wrote:always pictured Mahrtiir with silver hair...
Is his hair color mentioned somewhere (not that I can change it anymore, the ink/color layers have been merged)?
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Why email, can't you upload it somewhere so that you won't have to send it to every person who wants it? And not everyone will ask. DA should allow such a size - not for printing, just to keep it there, ImageShack should as well.
A role-player, beware
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Done!

FH had sent me a 5900x3652 image. I decided that this would look best as a
12x18 image, assuming 300 dpi was best. Walgreen's (a US pharmacy)
printed it for about $12 with shipping, via their website. It came out fantastic!
It deserves a nicer frame than the one I got for it.

One weird detail: when I uploaded it to the web site for prints, it showed me
a thumb-nail of the picture. And I noticed that there seems to be a rather
visible vertical line, such that the left 1/3 of the picture is noticibly lighter than
the right 2/3. Not a problem in the image or the print; just an oddity in the
way Frostheart composed the picture, with lighter colors on the left side.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Right, the "line" is quite visible on your photo as well. Perhaps Infelice makes her section shine, towering like a beacon :biggrin:

Frosty, how about posting it somewhere as well? I think many people could appreciate that, including some not on the Watch. Or is it "email only"?
A role-player, beware
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

It looks great as a Wallpaper, thanks Frosty, you usurped the New Star Trek Teaser poster as my Wallpaper
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

I've added a temporary full-res image download link to the post above that contains the finished picture (it'll be there at least until I've found some printing service for some of my other stuff too, I just realized I've completely forgotten about the custom AATE covers too. People need to prod me more, I'm absent-minded by default.).

Glad you liked it, sindatur. :)

Yeah, looks like Infelice + Kindwind + crack!Ranyhyn = edginess. :P
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

Your work is amazing. I am sorry, but I do not make a good critic, so I cannot tell you in specific terms how your art makes me feel what I feel, but I can say that it fills me with overflowing joy. And thank you very much for sharing your creative process with everyone. Creativity can be deeply personal and sharing things before they are finished is scary business, but as your audience, being able to follow you through each step of the way makes me appreciate it much more. Wow. Just wow.

I love your Foul, I love your Giants, I love Covenant's "smirk", I love Linden's reckless joy, and I ROFLMAO love your Crackin'Brahbanal. Could keep going on, but I will just say I love the whole of it. THANK YOU!!! :D
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Hee, thanks for making my day with that comment. :D Cranky-ish after a painful dental operation. Dx Örgh. Always glad to hear it if any of my stuff can induce positive feelings. :D

Wonder if I should draw more TCTC cartoons...while I like realistic, this was probably the most fun to create. Still snerking at those blasphemous anime wraiths and Latebirth's annoyance. The inking can be a pain in the arse, though.

Me--the opposite, extroverted creative function and all that, brainstorming usually brings out the best ideas... Well, I've mentioned that a few times. :lol:
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I'm coming to Finland just to bow at your feet, Frostheart.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I may just wallpaper my monitor w/that too... 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Glad you folks liked it. :D

Unwitting influences have however wormed their way in. Bought some of Madsen's Valhalla comics while staying in København a couple of weeks back--has been a longer while since I read the Skade (Skaði) story. Well, you can see which character happens to resemble her rather closely. :roll:

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”