What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Last night's dream was of some kind of gun battle (went to see Dunkirk recently). I was hiding behind a car and bullets were coming at me from all sides with an audible "Tink, tink tink!" as they impacted the metal hood and door.

I woke up a bit tense. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

strange dream. started on earth, a chunk of landmass explodes into space. (think Space 1999) then we float about for a bit. somehow the glass of our buildings holds back the void of space. then plummet to earth, not burning up on re-entry. hit the water, not exploding. start sinking, but end up more like water world. with more trash, debris floating about. even though metal does not float.

while dreaming I remember thinking that none of this should work.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Within the last week, I had this one:

I was caring for a little 2-year-old girl for a period of days/weeks/months for her family.
And then at some point in the dream, they picked her up.

The place where I lived looked like an apartment in a complex with a stucco courtyard and a pool in So Cal. (probably extra counterfactual)
I would always leave stuff of mine or kids' toys lying around in the courtyard...

...but then one day I realized I had become less messy in that way, and was about to congratulate myself for the improvement...
...when I realized that actually, the difference was that I didn't have a little toddler staying with me anymore!
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

aTOMiC wrote:Last night's dream was of some kind of gun battle (went to see Dunkirk recently). I was hiding behind a car and bullets were coming at me from all sides with an audible "Tink, tink tink!" as they impacted the metal hood and door.

I woke up a bit tense. :-)
Hahaha .. as you would ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

Dreaming is how your mind (brain) relaxes. Someday someone will prove it.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I think I had a long and very convoluted dream about the new Star Wars movie, which I haven't even seen. I think I saw a preview for it, but that's about it, and I don't even remember any of the details. About the only explanation that makes even a vague amount of sense was that I was on Reddit right before I went to bed - following a WoW-related link from a friend that inevitably led to clicking on other stuff, and there was Star Wars stuff in abundance, though I don't remember any specific details, it was apparently enough. I guess it could be worse.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Linna Heartbooger

The other day I dreamed a duck laid and hatched 3 eggs in one night...
in my house.
under a chair.

The momma duck was a really cute small species of duck... not the regular (but awesome) mallards you usually see around here.
and I was chasing the babies around the room worrying that I needed to get them back to the nest. (awake I realized, umm, ducks are kinda able to survive outside the nest from the get-go)
There were things all over the floor, kind of haphazard (like it usually is here) and that didn't help.

I guess I'd better fess up that there was one inexplicable grisly detail:
instead of the nest being lined from down feathers, there was a (fully-feathered) wing of a Canadian goose just lying in there.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I had rather a lot of memorable dreams this week, which is unusual. In the last one I remember, I was in the train station, and there was a man with a raccoon on a leash. The man had dropped something onto the tracks, and was trying to get the raccoon to fetch it. The train was coming, so I grabbed the raccoon and pulled it back to safety, but it bit me and the man was screaming at me and I missed the train.

I have had a no-good-deed-goes-unpunished kind of week, but no raccoons were involved.

Linna Heartbooger

That's a kind of amazing dream.

"no good deed will go unpunished" times... ahhh yeah.

on the plus side, we've got ducks and raccoons in our dreams, and both of those animals are awesome.
could be worse.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I had a pretty weird dream last night. Cameraman Jenn was in it, and I kept running into her in random places, but I couldn't interact with her. I think one of us wasn't really there, but I'm not sure which.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Could be .. that she is on your subconscious mind .. maybe you need to reach out to her

:LOLS: I have no clue .. but sounds believable
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I think you're right. To make it even weirder, today I ran into a guy we used to work with, and my first thought was 'I should tell Jenn I ran into so-and-so' just to see the look on her face. (They were NOT friends.) I miss her.

Linna Heartbooger

Sorus wrote:...today I ran into a guy we used to work with, and my first thought was 'I should tell Jenn I ran into so-and-so' just to see the look on her face. (They were NOT friends.) I miss her.
:lol:
I feel like the little texts or calling someone "because this made me think of you" are often underrated - including by me!
(though perhaps this is more like heckling. man, if a friend called me and introduced the conversation with something to heckle me about, I'd love that!)

Also, I had a wacky dream last night, so you all get to hear...

I was working in an office, and then I slowly "dropped off the map" from there.
Like some days when I'd work 6 hours, I wouldn't enter my time anywhere, keep any records.
Because I felt guilty that I wasn't doing a good job or something.
And then I felt guilty for lacking all those backlogged records, so I stopped going in to work for some stretch of days.
And nobody checked in on me.

So I was at the stage in the dream where I needed to confront the problem, and I went in and talked to the secretary at the front desk or HR or something.
Because at that time I wasn't sure who my boss actually was or where my desk was. (I figured departmental transfers had happened.)
:lol:
And she gave me some big cardboard thing with objects attached to it and I thought it was a "mind-bender" puzzle.
And I was supposed to use that to figure out the info I needed.
Then I thought, "Well I can't log on here at work, so I'm going to have to take this over to the library and use the internet there! And this is going to be hard and confusing..."

It was kinda scary.
And though this kind of "falling through the cracks" scenario was not entirely believable ... it's a pretty good picture of something I've been "letting slide" as a self-employed tutor. :!!!:
Also, I literally asked people to pray for me to change in this area (of neglecting dull, worldly responsibilities like housework, billing clients, making dental appts. though I didn't list "billing clients, it's in there.) this week.
Twice.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Sorus wrote:I think you're right. To make it even weirder, today I ran into a guy we used to work with, and my first thought was 'I should tell Jenn I ran into so-and-so' just to see the look on her face. (They were NOT friends.) I miss her.
wow 8O .. definitely drop her a line!! Thats like two things in two days 8O

I dont believe in a god .. or pretty much anything of that nature .. but that's like spooky

... and I have been tracking your prescience development .. 8O

*adds additional notes .. and ponders higher meaning ๐Ÿค”*
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

So I have had some crazy dreams .. 2 nights ago I dreamed my husband stabbed my eldest son right in front of me .. kinda like hes here hes ok see .. then as I moved forward to him he just stabbed him in the back. Then he STABBED ME .. wtf .. he killed me .. which must have shocked me lol cos I woke up in the middle of the night panting and a little distressed lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Then last night I dreamed that I had given birth to what I thought was three babies .. but one kinda disappeared .. and the other two one was a girl and one a baby boy that some relative named Tony. 8O .. someone else randomly named the little girl but I remember not liking the name .. but cant remember what name it was.

Weird dreams ... so weird and highly disturbing ๐Ÿ˜
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Ugh. Those kinds of dreams are awful.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hells yes they are!!! 8O 8O
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

In the only memorable dream I've had this week, I was in a bookstore. A big used bookstore, that was designed like a maze. There were dusty shelves that looked like they hadn't been touched in years. I picked up a graphic novel that looked familiar, and realized the main character was someone I played WoW with. Not someone named after the character, but the actual character. Which seemed normal because of dream logic and whatnot. But it felt like I had discovered their secret identity or something, and I was trying to decide if I should tell them that I knew who they were.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Yeah weird lol ๐Ÿ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Odd dream... Water..water everywhere.. Driving down the interstate that
run thru the city I lived in.(Dayton, Ohio) When I saw the current portion of the highway begin to flood. Water in that area where I was at exceeded the Flood of 1913 by way orders of magnitude. (Only a glacier runoff or a lake burstings
could produce such a flood) I asked my passenger if we should turn around and he agreed. The passenger was my dad...( He died in 1977). Turning around when I awoke.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?

Return to โ€œGeneral Discussion Forumโ€