What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

CovenantJr
Lord

What have you been dreaming about lately?

Post by CovenantJr »

Personally, I had a dream last night about talking to Skyweir on the phone :? :P Inexplicably, she had an Irish accent :lol:

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed about visiting the States to meet the KW posse, birdandbear and her kids gave me a lift, which turned into a road trip across the US, being chased by the Mary Poppins version of Dick Van Dyke, because he thought we'd stolen his car 8O :lol:

Do I spend too much time on the Watch? :roll:

....So, what have the rest of you been dreaming?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've been dreaming about all the white gold dollars I've lost ;) No, seriously, I've been dreaming of having arguments with an ex-friend. Not nice.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

My dreams have no sound, and if I speak in them or somebody else speaks it's implied that they are talking. I truly don't hear what they're saying, but somehow I know what they're saying. My mind hears the speech, not my ears. Also, I never, ever die in my dreams, but I can get in close calls, and it feels painfully real.

In some dreams I lose control of my body, like last night. I was following my a friend from high school and another guy up to this wooded area behind my house, and then suddenly everything in the wooded area goes dark, and you can see people moving in the woods, as if waiting to ambush me. I try to turn around and run, but I can't RUN! I sort of have to hop, so I'm moving at about the pace of a slug. It's a feeling of physical impotence compounded with fear, and it's all very, very claustrophobic--even though I've never suffered from claustrophobia in real life. Only in dreams, heh! Anyway, I woke up shortly after. Phew. I've had even weirder dreams, but I'll tell 'em later today--when it's not so bleeding early in the morning.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lord Foul wrote:. .. but I can't RUN! I sort of have ot hop, so I'm moving at about the pace of a slug. It's a feeling of physical impotence compounded with fear.
Oh same here, LF!! I know that feeling very well! In my dreams I end up having to use objects to pull myself along.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Here comes a mouthful then:

This one time I had a similar feeling of physical disability or numbness, but it was in a dream about ghosts. I was in my basement downstairs, and my grandmother or somebody was at the top of the stairs, telling me to come up, so I got out of bed. The second I got in the hall, I lost control of my body totally, but I didn't fall down because the hall was narrow. So now my left side was leaning against the wall in the hall, and I'm totally immobile. That's when this woman in, like, an old-fashioned nightgown comes floating up behind me, latching onto my shoulder. You can see right through me. She whispers something into my ear, and then, she just went IN me! I started walking towards the stairs in this stilted way, trying to battle for control of my feet, but the ghost had possessed me! When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I tried to scream for help, but I nothing. It was then ghost said in her own voice, "No, I don't want to come upstairs", and then right after I said it in my own voice to my grandmother at the top of the stairs! She took over my own voice! Then I woke up. PHEW!!!
Last edited by Worm of Despite on Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Hey that's damn creepy, LF. I once had to look after this old house i was living in with my parents years ago. The went away on holidays for a week. Anyway, i dreamt one night all the lights were flashing on and off whilst I was there and the doors slamming - like it was haunted. I was terrified to be there by myself after that.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I almost never remember dreams. In fact, most mornings I wake unaware that I have dreamt at all. There are the rare few where i vaguely remember them for a few moments when I wake up, and then they're gone... Even rarer are ones I actually remember enough of to know what it was about...
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

It seems like a lot of people have been dreaming (or rather, remembering their dreams) a lot lately. Is it something in the air? I have mostly dreamt weird or sad things, not scary, that has left me rather confused when I woke up.

Has anyone read a book called Journey to Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda? It contains some rather scary thoughts around trying (and succeeding) to control ones dreams. Apparently you can try an focus on your hands while dreaming, trying to see them (normally you dont really have a body in dreams). When you succeed in this you can eventually try to move them in accordance to your will and as the next step you might be able to control your entire body while dreaming and thereby be in control of your dreams... I got so fashinated by this that I tried to see my hands while dreaming and I acctually managed to do that occationally! But in the process I got very tired, almost as if I didnt get enough sleep. It became rather unpleasant in the end, so I quit. And if you read this book, you will also find that being able to control your dreams has some other very nasty side-effects as well...
SLATFATF...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Wow. Thanks Ylva.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yes I have read that Castenda book YK! In fact I was heavily in2 journaling my dreams at 1 point, a long time ago. Many of my poems have stemmed directly from dreams. Lewis Carroll wrote a very interesting thesis on controlling dreams-suggesting the creation of 'Brownies" or allies 2 help keep urself 2gether in your dreams. My dogs, and particularly Samkitty (see Motley Crew in Album) have become my allies.

Lately, I've been having reoccuring dreams of living in a tent commune in Oregon (I have never been there) by a river with tons of eccentric characters (Watch analogy, perhaps? :wink:). I have been doing lot of swimming and smoking massive quantities of....something.... 8O (Hey they're JUST dreams! :wink:)
fall far and well Pilots!
Worm of Despite
Lord

If I could control my dreams, I'd be, heh, well . . . we all know what most guys would like to have in their dreams. My grandfather was a skydiver in the army (did it about 2000 times), and so he has dreams of parachuting. Sometimes the chute doesn't open, and he comes all the way in. But every time he hits, he just bounced off the ground!

Being in the Special Forces and being a demolitions expert, he very recently had a dream in which his hometown was taken over by a guerilla force. He dreamt that he went down to his room with all the guns in it, got his AK-47, some ammo, and then WIRED his own house with C4 explosives. He told me that in the dream he planned on blowing the house when the enemy went inside it. And he remembers me being in the dream going, "what do you want me to do?" Heh, I guess I would ask that. Hmm, no, I'd be like "DON'T BLOW UP OUR DAMN HOUSE, GRANDPA!"

My grandfather is a forceful man--not mean or anything--but he is very in control of his life and a gung-ho soldier-type. It seems he has total control of his dreams, down to planting the explosives to the minutest detail. Me, on the other hand . . . I have very little control of my dreams. It seems a psychological difference, I guess.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

I don't remeber many dreams. Those I do are very weird, and not really about anything. I don't ever get nightmares although if described, some of my dreams would sound like nightmares, they're just not scary when I'm there.

I have not had any dreams about the watch...(that i remember)
Worm of Despite
Lord

Interesting info on dreams:

We all have about 3 dreams a night. The brain has to have dreams to function correctly--it's like a diagnostic check your brain runs on itself to make sure all its bells and whistles are operational. When we dream, our eyes go back and forth under our eyelids. Let's say you wake up RIGHT AFTER your eyes were doing that, then the dream will be very, very fresh in your mind. Most of us wake long after a dream has passed, though, and so the memory of it is very vague and unclear or not present at all, and we assume we’ve had “dreamless sleep”. But dreamless sleep is impossible, I think. We technically always have dreams, every night, as I said. I'm gonna have to read that book, by the way.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I always remember my dreams. Most of the time, thay're set in some book that I've read. My dreams have books in them, complete with words. Seriously, I read the Oddesy in a dream.

One of my strangest dreams was when I went to the set of the Amanda show, and Penelope ran after me, yelling my name. I'm now afraid of people with glasses like that. 8O
Worm of Despite
Lord

Several years ago, I once had a dream where I was on the set of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I used to watch that show religiously when I was a kid. I was talking to the bots and Joel in the dream, and I remember it being amazingly cool, and then *poof* I'm awake.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Yesterday I wasn't feeling to good so I fell asleep on my BF's couch... he said I kept saying "What do you what with me?!" but I have no idea what I was dreaming about. :?

Pie and Cake
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I had a weirdo dream that I somehow witnessed Ayrton Senna getting killed in the Auckland traffic. It kept forwarding and rewinding and I may have been responsible.

There was a blue car behind me that went to the right because I was a bit slow and then the crash happened. It got to the point where the replays allowed me to see the face of the driver in the blue car. Weird.

Of course, I have no idea why there was a Formula 1 race in the traffic either
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Love Castaneda. If you're interested in lucid dreaming (controlling your dreams), I highly recommend the movie Waking Life.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Ermingard
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ermingard »

I rarely remember my dreams, but I still remeber one from when I was about four years old:

My mummy and I are walking over a big, deserted square in a nondescript town. For some reason I'm falling behind, I can't keep up with her, the distance between us starts to grow and I cry for her to wait for me, but she doesn't seem to hear me. I start to cry and then I'm suddenly surrounded by a circle of brightly coloured toy men. The kind that have a rounded bottom end with a lead weight, so they always swing back when you push them down. Only these toy men are as big as a grown ups and no matter how hard I push at them, they just keep swinging back and my mother goes further and furter away over the endless square and doesn't hear me at all... 8O :hairs:

I still think it's scary....
"It is impossible for human nature to believe that money is not there. It seems so much more likely that the money is there and only needs bawling for."
--Dorothy Sayers, Busman's Honeymoon
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Last night I dreamed I was Iron Man... Very odd, especially considering I'm not a comic spod :?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”