Findail the Appointed

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Findail the Appointed

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

I thought I had posted an image of Findail before now.
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

He needs some work. I'll type some concrits tomorrow, if you aren't yet tired of my quite blunt comments. :lol:
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

The face features are very good, quite fitting for him I think. :D

Perhaps the color scheme could use some fixes, particularly the eyes - closer to the book description, really visible as golden. His skin and his hair could also use some different colors, maybe something more vibrant. His clothing also looks not too fitting, perhaps something lighter, more like for an ethereal being.
A role-player, beware
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Agreeing with Effy that the face in general has a good shape and the expression fits him. Yet it might look better with some skin texture and a more realistic lighting--the plastic effect appears here again. Also might be the fault of this particular monitor, but the illuminated half of his face seems overexposed.

Now, the eyes look a tad odd with those white long lashes(?). Also the garment: didn't he wear something closely resembling silk with a fine flowing cut, yet in tatters? He's also a fairly imposing figure in spite of his bedraggled state, a full-body picture might give him more justice. :) Furthermore, I recall his hair hung rather limper, possibly tangled and across his face. Don't have TOT with me right now.

Here's one of my older sketches I'm not too happy with any more, but maybe could illuminate some of the points.

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Here's my interpretation of Findail. All Elohim wear turtlenecks, btw.

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Pfft everyone knows the men in particular wear floppy muumuus that look like as if they had been dipped into random paint buckets and left to dry on the path of wild animals. Also dislocated left legs are common.

According to the tradition, they also should be surrounded by naked Search members, possibly with rhino-ish qualities.

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Frostheart wrote:Pfft everyone knows the men in particular wear floppy muumuus that look like as if they had been dipped into random paint buckets and left to dry on the path of wild animals. Also dislocated left legs are common.

According to the tradition, they also should be surrounded by naked Search members, possibly with rhino-ish qualities.

This will be forever known as the worst cover for the Chronicles drawn by Darrell Sweet.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Frostheart wrote:Pfft everyone knows the men in particular wear floppy muumuus that look like as if they had been dipped into random paint buckets and left to dry on the path of wild animals. Also dislocated left legs are common.
Yes, but if you zoom in, you can see the traditional Elohim turtleneck.

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Maybe a toga? I think the face is a little too whitish like others said and please change his eye color. They look jaundiced.

Another image for the gallery:

(I think the female in the book cover image is Daphne)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Did that guy(?) hunt down Edward Cullen and make a garment out of his skin?

A toga or a soft, figure-hugging robe fits my conception the best. But certainly not a turtle-necked muumuu. ;)
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Frostheart wrote:Did that guy(?) hunt down Edward Cullen and make a garment out of his skin?

A toga or a soft, figure-hugging robe fits my conception the best. But certainly not a turtle-necked muumuu. ;)
You can tell he's blushing. :oops: Being a shapeshifter is great but if you don't break an occasional turtle-necked muumuu you'll never find your perfect look ;)

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”