Professional artwork

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Welcome
Servant of the Land

Professional artwork

Post by Welcome »

Is it ok to post artwork by professional artists in this forum? Because I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag ...

theland.antgear.com/artwork.html

Stone and Sea are deep in life
Two unalterable symbols of the world
Permanence at rest and Permanence in motion
Participants in the Power that remains

https://theland.antgear.com
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Is there any new art about Donaldson's work?

Regarding the link, I always wondered what the story was with Kevin's Watch. Did the Creator make this Eyrie so the people of the Land could behold his works? Or is Kevin actually responsible for it, meaning he used his lore to shape that mountainside into a pole with steps. Otherwise his connection to it seems weak. Surely he wasn't the only one who climbed it or even the first if it had always been there. (It doesn't sound like a natural feature of the landscape. We even hear how the steps began to disappear as time passed making it harder and harder to climb it.)
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Nope, the old images. Any plans to update the site?

I have that book with the color illustrations, buried somewhere in the perpetual mess of half-started projects.

'Professional' doesn't always adjoin with quality (Darrell Sweet). I'm liking the flow of some of the haruchai drawings, but unless the artist for instance meant the upside-down bloodguard to resemble Homo Erectus, they might've benefited from the occasional critiquing round. :lol:

The Revelstone image reminded me of my occasional mental entertainings to draw the WGW scene where the company reaches the city and the Giants are moved to tears. A perkeleenmoinen workload, however, and not sure how I might exactly incorporate within the ancient Nordic motives I've shamelessly used elsewhere.
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Frostheart wrote: 'Professional' doesn't always adjoin with quality (Darrell Sweet). I'm liking the flow of some of the haruchai drawings, but unless the artist for instance meant the upside-down bloodguard to resemble Homo Erectus, they might've benefited from the occasional critiquing round. :lol:

I thought that was the intention. I'd guess the Haruchai would be insulted ("We're quick and slick and know Cong foo HIYAAA!") but that's what the artist had in mind.

I always thought of them as humans with a unique fighting tradition but since reading the 3rd chronicles my view changed. Their group mind speak and healing abilities mark them as something a little alien so maybe the artistic is not too far off.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

shadowbinding shoe wrote:
Frostheart wrote: 'Professional' doesn't always adjoin with quality (Darrell Sweet). I'm liking the flow of some of the haruchai drawings, but unless the artist for instance meant the upside-down bloodguard to resemble Homo Erectus, they might've benefited from the occasional critiquing round. :lol:

I thought that was the intention. I'd guess the Haruchai would be insulted ("We're quick and slick and know Cong foo HIYAAA!") but that's what the artist had in mind.
Meant the face; the human skull doesn't work that way unless it's missing the entire frontal lobe. They have better profiles in the other pictures.

Thought only the male giants sported Neanderthal browridges, and even then more forehead should be visible in that position.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

As I said, I think the artist here went intentionally for the proto-man look.
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

I must be on a REALLY nitpicky mood today, sorry. :P Yeah, but this is what the skull structure would look like in either case (mind you, a crappy 2-min overlay sketch).

ImageImage

Where the first would pretty much correspond to Homo Erectus (generally pre-Cro Magnon in any case; the Finns are anthropologically the closest match to Cro Magnons in the entire human population).

I guess I was just wondering why the harus have a comparatively normal forehead in the other illos.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Frostheart wrote:I must be on a REALLY nitpicky mood today, sorry. :P Yeah, but this is what the skull structure would look like in either case (mind you, a crappy 2-min overlay sketch).

ImageImage

Where the first would pretty much correspond to Homo Erectus (generally pre-Cro Magnon in any case; the Finns are anthropologically the closest match to Cro Magnons in the entire human population).

I guess I was just wondering why the harus have a comparatively normal forehead in the other illos.
You have to remember that the Haruchai use mind-net for complex thought processes. It's just Stave's luck that the system can't be broken up effectively (never been much need for it) so the back channels of higher thought processes are still open to him. Haruchai masters are hard at work trying to fix this problem.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

:lol::lol:
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Of no importance whatsoever, but the first time I read the chronicles, I saw the Bloodguard as neanderthalic, complete with Flinstsonesque tunics.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Another professional piece with...creative anatomy. (Plus the First forgot her pants on the clothes line...)

www.flickr.com/photos/36329240@N06/6050 ... otostream/
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Oy. Linden must have one hell of a corset on under that flannel shirt. Pitchwife looks old enough to be the First's grandfather, her hairstyle looks vaguely Egyptian, and her blade is far too narrow to bear Giantish strength.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I wouldn't have minded listening to that tape, though.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”