MN ~ the movie!!!

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Skyweir
Lord of Light

MN ~ the movie!!!

Post by Skyweir »

:wink: now where did we get with the movie plans for Mordant's Need??

We had a consensus with the Princess Bride guy and would you believe I have forgotten his name again ... ahhh wait .. Cary Ewles .. or something like that?

Oh yeah and Patrick Stewart for King Joyse wasn't it?? I think that was all we actually established a consensus on .. but there were heaps of other recommendations ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

MN -- the movie

Post by aliantha »

Cary Elwes, yes, for, um, wait, one of Geraden's brothers. I remember voting for the guy who plays Xena's annoying sidekick for Geraden himself.

Patrick Stewart as King Joyse? Hmm. And, wait, we had somebody fabulous for the Tor. Ohhh, Hearthhhcoalllll -- we need your link expertise....
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes .. Hearthcoal .. hellllpppp!!! I have forgotten most of the suggetions now too!!
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

I still go w/Brando!

Post by danlo »

Marlon Brando 4 the Tor!
fall far and well Pilots!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Brando!!

Post by aliantha »

That's right -- that's who we wanted for the Tor! Thanks, danlo!
scotty

greg kinnear

Post by scotty »

I think Greg Kinnear would be a great choice for Stead,the womaniser brother!!I still stick by Alan rickman for Eremis(just seen galaxy quest-fab)marlon brando for Tor sound great.I havejust finished the books the other day and remembered how fantastic king Joyse is,so it has to be patrick stewart!!!!I still think there is someone wonderful out there for Geraden who we are over looking-WHERE IS HE!!!!!! love ya,scottyxxxxx
danlo
Lord

Greg Kinnear--good choice!!!

Post by danlo »

I think Sky once mentioned Heath Ledger as Geraden--possible choice--he would have 2 take some comic acting classes and some pratfall lessons from Chevy Chase--got curly hair...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes Heath Ledger would make a fine Geraden

mmm .. pratfall lessons??
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Eremis

Post by aliantha »

Is Alan Rickman the guy who plays Professor Snape in Harry Potter? 'Cause that guy would make a pretty good Eremis, I think -- he's certainly slimy enough....
danlo
Lord

I agree w/Rickman!!!

Post by danlo »

He also did a great "slimy" Sherrif of Nottingham in Robinhood Prince of Thieves, I don't care what any1 else says--I REALLY liked that movie! btw--where the hell is MsMary? MN forum is not the same w/o her--I think I'll pm her and give her a piece....of my mind, that is... 8O
Last edited by danlo on Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

yep twas Alan Rickman who played Prof Snape in Harry Potter .. and he would make a good slimy anybody .. but you imagine Eremis having at least a little charismatic appeal .. and somehow Rickman doesnt seem to.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

My votes!

Post by danlo »

Daniel Day Lewis 4 Eremis! Sean Penn 4 Castellean Lebbick! Cate Blanchette 4 Elega! Marty Feldman 4 Havelock! But alas he's dead (or John Malkovich alive!)!!! Ed Norton 4 Nyle! Harrison Ford 4 The Domne! Michael Keaton 4 Master Quillon (got that mousy squinch-face)!, Nick Nolte 4 The Termigan! Joaquin Phoenix 4 Prince Kragen! Heath Ledger 4 Geraden, Patrick Stewart 4 King Joyce, Marlon Brando 4 The Tor, Cary Elwes 4 Artagel, Kirsten Durst 4 Myste, Oliver Reed 4 Master Barsonage, Viggo Mortesen 4 Darsint, Steve Bushemi (or Pee-Wee Herman!) 4 The Armigrite, Julianne Moore 4 Terisa, Ed Harris 4 The Perdon, Robert DeNiro beefed up, as in Raging Bull) 4 Master Gilbur, Angelina Jolie 4 Saddith & Gates McFadden 4 Queen Madin!
Last edited by danlo on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I like Daniel Day Lewis .. oooh and I love Joaquin Phoenix for Prince Kragen!!! .. all really good suggestions!!
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

Now I'm totally convinced Day Day lewis should play Eremis!

Post by danlo »

When I was watching the previews that came on b4 Minority Report (@ the theater where I met SRD, btw) one came on 4 a movie called The Gangs of New York, starring Daniel Day Lewis, Liam Nesson and Leonardo DeCaprio. Looks like a great movie! When Daniel Day Lewis (haven't really seen him in anything recently) came on screen dressed in late 1800s/early 1900s clothes I swear Master Eremis was standing there--as much as I am sure Ms. Donaldson is Linden Avery. Case closed, in that casting issue, 4 me, @ least.
Foamfollower1013
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Foamfollower1013 »

YES! Cary Elwes as Artagel! That's perfect! :D

~Foamy~
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

With this cast, producing this movie is gonna cost us a flipping fortune.... :P 8O
danlo
Lord

$$$$

Post by danlo »

Nothing's 2 good 4 our SRD! I read 2day that Joaquin Phoenix is a total vegan and smokes 4 packs of Camel non-filters a day! Someone needs 2 toss him a hamburger and tell him 2 chill out! :D
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

.. yes!! .. we're handing 'round the collection plate - expect an e-donation request very soon :twisted: 8O

.. I figure if we start now .. in 30+ years we should have enough for coffee and dohnuts for the cast .. :wink: .. and maybe another few years and we could probably hopefully maybe have enough saved to start shooting!! :D

.. the cast that is .. cos by then they'll all be way too expensive to hire!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :P :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lady Genni
Ramen

Post by Lady Genni »

I always liked the thought of Sean Connery for Joyse. I keep thinking of the "smile" that Joyse is supposed to have and I think that Connery could pull that off brilliantly. I don't know how well he'd do with seeming weak or frail. But he's a pretty accomplished actor, he could probably pull it off.

For Geraden I liked the thought of a young Tom Hanks. He could be silly and dramatic.

For Prince Kragen I liked the thought of Antonio Banderas (sp?). He's got that swarthy dark look nailed.

For Lebbick I like Tommy Lee Jones. He has that scarred veteran look. He could be really menacing too. Plus he has the range to be oddly vulnerable.

I always pictured John Goodman for the Tor. I see him doing the drunk and bellowing stuff perfectly.

Other than that I like a lot of the other suggestions. I can't help but wonder if they will ever do a movie for any of Donaldson's books. MN seems like it would be the easiest to translate to film.
Lady Genni
"By the Seven...!"
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

most definitely .. it doesnt have the same questionable qualities that some percieve in TCTC ..

good suggestions too .. Antonio Banderas for Kragen .. yeah! .. and Sean Connery could do Joyse well .. its still a toss up for me between him and Patrick Stewart
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to β€œMordant's Need”