World Fantasy Convention 2013 - Brighton, UK

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

World Fantasy Convention 2013 - Brighton, UK

Post by Romeo »

Anyone planning on attending the next WFC? www.wfc2013.org If so, I'm pushing for Steve's nomination for the Lifetime Achievement Award (the timing seems perfect with the last Covenant book coming out around that month). Attendees are allowed to submit nominations, so if you're on the roster don't forget to nominate early and often! :-) Supporting Members are also allowed to submit nominations, but those memberships are still a bit pricy (£50).

Steve said last year that he wouldn't be attending WFC in the forseeable future, but I haven't specifically heard from him about Brighton (I believe he has family and friends in the UK, so anything is possible). I don't even know if he'd attend if he won the Lifetime Achievement Award. I'll check closer to the end of the summer to see what his plans are.

If you're planning to attend, get your membership soon. I'm guessing that they'll sell out this year (especially since the main hotel is already sold out - so you'll have to check the nearby ones listed on the site).

Cheers!
John
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'm very likely going to skip Brighton. :( Although you can count on me the following year in DC!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

aliantha wrote:I'm very likely going to skip Brighton. :( Although you can count on me the following year in DC!
Same here.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”