2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Since the Bears are out, it's time to root for Carolina. A tough defensive team with a former Bear as a coach.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Carolina must do better on the Offensive side of the ball if they want to go far in the Post season. Atlanta's defense has gotten better in the last few games but still they have little in the way of a real pass rush, yet with the Panthers defense having 9 sacks on Ryan and 14 hurries that caused incompletes and they still came within a miscue'd snap of losing that game.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Eagles win NFC East, b/c I guess someone had to. Wasn't a pretty game. Orton pulled a Romo at the end. They host NO, so they actually have a chance to win that game.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Denver pounded Oakland in a game that saw new records established for:
1) most points in a season
2) most passing yards in a season.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Wildcards are here.... So what are your picks?

Chiefs @ Colts
Saints @ Eagles
Chargers @ Bengals
49'rs @ Packers

Bolded my picks for this weekend.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:Wildcards are here.... So what are your picks?

Chiefs @ Colts
Saints @ Eagles
Chargers @ Bengals
49'rs @ Packers

Bolded my picks for this weekend.
Hmmm....I'll stick with you on Eagles and Bengals, take the Chiefs, and also take the Packers [though I more WANT Green Bay than BELIEVE it. Defense will have to step up in ways they've mostly failed to this season.]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Colts, Eagles, Bengals, Packers.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Chiefs @ Colts
Saints @ Eagles
Chargers @ Bengals
49'ers @ Packers
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Lifelong Chiefs fan here... I gotta go with my Chiefs, but I'm not holding my breath. If the defense from the first half of the season shows up and the offense from the last half of the season shows up... we'll win the damn Super Bowl! :)

Don't know if anyone from here happens to be going to the Packers game, but if you are, bundle up. They say this might be the coldest NFL game on record.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

If what Akasri says about Green Bay conditions is true, that has to weigh against the 49ers chances. Packers are better accustomed to those extremes and may have an additional home field advantage.

Otherwise, I would have to agree with SB and Sarge that the Red and Gold are the stronger team.
Plus, it would be fun to get to hear the 12th man roar as the Hawks mop the field at the CLink with them again the following week... :twisted:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Savor Dam wrote:If what Akasri says about Green Bay conditions is true, that has to weigh against the 49ers chances. Packers are better accustomed to those extremes and may have an additional home field advantage.
ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/green-bay-packers-forecast-coldest-playoff-game-san-francisco-49ers/
They don’t call it the frozen tundra for nothing. Sunday’s NFC wild card game at Lambeau Field will likely go down as one of the three coldest days in NFL history, with temperatures expected to dip below freezing by kickoff and wind chills that could hit -25 or colder during the daylight hours. Once the sun sets, the temperatures will drop even more and by Monday morning, the mercury is expected to drop to 20 below.
Yeah, I'm not sure San Francisco will be used to that :)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote:If what Akasri says about Green Bay conditions is true, that has to weigh against the 49ers chances. Packers are better accustomed to those extremes and may have an additional home field advantage.
Home field, I agree on...it's pretty well demonstrated, analyzed, sampled...and across multiple sports.

Cold...I'm not at all sure. No one is really "accustomed" to the temps some are forecasting for that game. [I'm pretty sure...I think I recall truly...that DOME's seem to make a difference...but that's likely precip and wind troubles...but samples are small and variables many...and SF ain't a dome team]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I've played in the snow. I've played in the cold. I can not imagine minus 20. I worked in a warehouse, in the freezer and it got that cold. I wasn't even allowed for more than 20 minutes a shot to be in the freezer. while dressed in a thermal suit designed for the temp.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I don't think anyone likes to play when it's that cold. I went to a game at Soldier Field vs the Packers a few years ago when it was about 10° with a -15° windchill. It looked like the last place where Farve wanted to be. He was terrible.

Chiefs @ Colts
Saints @ Eagles
Chargers @ Bengals
49'rs @ Packers
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

I once went to a Chiefs game where the air temp was 10 and the wind chill was 0. I will never do that again. No matter how many layers and handwarmers, I just never was warm.
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Andrew Luck... aptly named LOL

That play on the goal line where we had the drive stopped, forced a fumble on a guy who has never lost a fumble in his NFL career... and Luck picks up the ball and dives in for the TD. What a knife in the heart of Chiefs' fans everywhere... including me :(

Despite how well they've done this year, they turned into the Chiefs of old... no lead is safe!
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Watched both Saturday games. I would rather had been wrong about the KC game and right about the Eagles game.

Kc played an incredible two quarters of FB then they just couldnt seem to keep things together. Yeah that fumble.... sometimes the ball just doesnt bounce your way. Overall I would say it was all the injuries during the game that turned the tide the other way. Still, a nice turnaround for a team that had such some really bad years.

I hate it that the Saints won. But regardless, I will be surprised if they don't get mauled in Seattle. The Eagles were playing the Saints game and that's what cost them. They never found their groove of playing 'speed' football. I got to give it to the Defense of the Saints. They found a way to shut that down. I also didnt think that Foles was all that good. He had all day to throw the ball and seemed to just hang in the pocket way too long.

Sunday Games
UGH Bengals played horrible. Fumbles at the goal line, interceptions on throws that should never have left the QB hands and dropped passes... Guess I called that one wrong as well.

GB SF was hard fought and came down to the wire. I really wanted to be wrong and have GB win (I just cant stand Kaepernic). However when needed he made the plays happen. Lets see how they do against the Panthers next week which will be a similarly built team on both sides if the ball.

So batting .500
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

OK this weeks games

Saints and Seahawks

Colts at Patriots

49'rs at Panthers

Chargers at Broncos

Bolded my picks.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I'd recommend no one agree with me...if we pick the same, you better go back and change it [[ack!...0 for 4 last week!]]

Seahawks
Pat's
Panthers
Broncos

[[I suppose the worm could turn and get me 4 and 0 this week. Not real confident on either pats or panthers.]]
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

considering the only team I was sorta rooting for was New Orleans, and the rest lost, I could put down which teams I will personally doom by rooting for them:

Saints

Colts

Panthers

Chargers

Let the dark clouds gather
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD

Return to “Sports”