2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Saints at Seahawks

Colts at Patriots

49'rs at Panthers

Chargers at Broncos
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Patriots are in no shape to take on one of their nemesi.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

OK, Way...you certainly know your team better than I do. Honestly, the only outcome I am really confident of is the Hawks over the Saints. Carolina is capable of winning at home over SF and the Chargers have a slim chance of besting the Broncos.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

wayfriend wrote:Patriots are in no shape to take on one of their nemesi.
Thats why I didnt pick them to win. However they all too often seem to have the favor of the 'football Gods' when it comes to getting a 'call' at just the right time, or a lucky bounce of the football. I picked the Colts but I wouldnt be surprised if the Pats pulled a last second win.

The Colts need to get to Brady and shut him down. He gets frustrated when he cant get a pass off and it affects the way his offense plays. The Colts also need to own time of possession.

The Pats need to keep Brady safe and give him a pocket so he can do check downs. They also need to get the Colts off the field and own time of possession.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

wayfriend wrote:Patriots are in no shape to take on one of their nemesi.
Hell, they've been "in no shape" for most of the season. But they still did a lot of winning. Some of it was cuz of weak-ish competition. But not all of it.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Batting .500 again. Oh well better luck next week.

However Savor picked them all and batted 1000.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Thanks for noticing SoulBiter.

Might as well hang it out there and pick next week while I am at it.

49ers at Seahawks
Patriots at Broncos

The two most potent home field advantages in the NFL...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Don't you all know betting against the Patriots is a bad idea? :) :) :)
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

As with this past week's picks (when I favored the Pats over the Colts and WF said the Pats were not up to the task), I do not have a dog in that hunt. I just call them the way I see them. My judgement was that the Pats would win that game, and it now is that the Broncos and their thin air will prevail next week.

On the other hand, I am far more confident of the outcome of next Sunday's NFC championship. Our Sea-level air is not like that of Denver, but the Seahawks and the 12th Man (who blur the line between spectator and participant) will surely win over the Red and Gold of San Francisco.

I remember being in the stands 8 years ago when the Hawks earned their first trip to the Big Show. What a rush...

We are going to punch that ticket again next week. Superbowl!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I have only batted .500 so I should get half of these correct as well. If I am only going to be half right I hope I am wrong about the Broncos game. I would like to see the SeaHawks move up. Frankly they have played the most consistent FB in the NFC and they play hard nosed old fashioned smash mouth FB.

Also I have to say, the Seahawks fans that I met at the Ga Dome last year during the playoffs and this years regular season were never obnoxious fans. They cheered for their team and lost and won graciously depending on the year.

49ers at Seahawks
Patriots at Broncos
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

3/4 is much better than 0/4 like I was last week....
9-ers [who I never rooted for, but didn't dislike back in the day] have become shitfucks.
I rarely wanted 'Hawk's to beat anyone...but I want them to crush SF.
I think SeaFoam WILL win...but I hope it's a slaughter.

I think the Bronc's will win....but I'm picking the Pat's anyway. Fuck the odds.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yes, it turned out that the awesome, finely tuned Patriots showed up on Saturday. They didn't even need the 'football gods' ... or if they did, it wasn't for a bad referee call. (Possibly the Pats executed the worst punt ever, though. The haphazard, barely functional Patriots are always lurking close by.)

I hope that the AFT Pats show up again. Nothing is good like a good Brady-Manning Bowl. Because Brady usually wins ... This time you have to bet on the Pats.

49ers at Seahawks
Patriots at Broncos
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

wayfriend wrote:Yes, it turned out that the awesome, finely tuned Patriots showed up on Saturday. They didn't even need the 'football gods' ... or if they did, it wasn't for a bad referee call. (Possibly the Pats executed the worst punt ever, though. The haphazard, barely functional Patriots are always lurking close by.)

I hope that the AFT Pats show up again. Nothing is good like a good Brady-Manning Bowl. Because Brady usually wins ... This time you have to bet on the Pats.

49ers at Seahawks
Patriots at Broncos
I agree. The Pats put together a great game. That was NOT the same team that has been playing all year.
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Rawedge Rim wrote:considering the only team I was sorta rooting for was New Orleans, and the rest lost, I could put down which teams I will personally doom by rooting for them:

Saints

Colts

Panthers

Chargers

Let the dark clouds gather
and the dark clouds did gather, and the hosts above were dismayed.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Well done, RR. You, too, sort of batted 1000.

Are you rooting or dooming this week?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Savor Dam wrote:Well done, RR. You, too, sort of batted 1000.

Are you rooting or dooming this week?
At this point I'm more in Seatles camp than anyone elses, so I imagine they are in for a rough weekend.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

This is me.

NFL and Extreme Networks Announce Analytics Partnership

I am developing a key component of the 'analytics' product. It's very cool.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

RR: Rough weekend or not, I think you picked the right team...and I am gratified that this seems to be the unwavering consensus of Watchers who have expressed a choice. Go Hawks!

WF: That is cool!

All: anybody else want to make picks before tomorrow's games?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I'm on the line about the Pats. I will favor them out of bias. They barely scraped a win against the Broncos in November, but the team will probably play better today - that game was a mess.

What I do predict is that Belechick morphs the team into a different configuration than the rushing beast it was last week. I think that while the Broncs line up against Blount, Brady will be firing missiles.

My first game with a 50 inch HDTV in the living room instead of a 32 inch tube. So I win anyway.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

And the Broncos will face the Seahawks at the Superbowl!!!

Return to “Sports”