2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Jesus the officiating was terrible for the 49ers.....I'm not usually one to whine about that, but the penguins handed the game to the Seahawks.

At least my Sundays are free until August now.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Broncos pwned the Pats. Ah well - It was damn amazing the Pats got so far with what they had, so it's hard to be greatly disappointed. Just a bit disappointed...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cail wrote:Jesus the officiating was terrible for the 49ers.....I'm not usually one to whine about that, but the penguins handed the game to the Seahawks.

At least my Sundays are free until August now.
Yea, I have to agree. But also...I think it was bad calls that got the 9-ers INTO the game.
Bad calls happen...but am I imagining that it has been much worse the past 2 seasons??

Oh///edited to add:

Denver over Hawks.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I pick Seahawks. Their defense WILL get to Peyton and shake him up. The Hawks are a more physical team than the Broncos have faced for a while. I don't think they are ready for the kind of hard-nosed football that is coming their way and it will show in the score.

Just to play Devils advocate. If the Broncos can get the ball out very quickly over and over, they might frustrate the Hawks causing them to make mistakes that turn into penalties and keep plays alive and move the chains.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Surely it is no surprise that I pick the Seahawks.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

While I love the Ranyhyn, I DON'T like the Broncos. Seahawks for the win, I'm hoping.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Hope is not a strategy...but you are still on the right course.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

No surprise for me either, I'm for the Broncos.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Seahawks for me, on the basis that they wear cooler hats. The coolest in the entire NFL in fact, with the possible exception of the Vikings. Oh and I like Seattle - it's a cool city, but that's secondary to the hats criteria.

Anyhow, why do American Football players insist upon wearing all that armour for what is just a poorer version of rugby? Seems all a bit too namby-pamby to me... :twisted:
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

we are rooting for the Seahawks. even though we hate them. dislike Peyton and Welker more.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote: dislike Peyton and Welker more.
How can anyone dislike Welker?
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Or Peyton, for that matter?
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

The glory days of Kriek and Largent are on the way back for the Seahawks... mark my words.

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

dlbpharmd wrote:Or Peyton, for that matter?
I am from NH. Peyton/Colts. Welker made his leaving personal. he seems to forget he made some costly mistakes in games.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Patriots career summary;;
Since joining the Patriots in 2007, Welker caught more passes than any player in the league, and ranks in the top five in yardage. Welker reached 500 receptions with the Patriots in just 70 games, an NFL record.[24] Welker holds the franchise record for consecutive games with receptions, having caught a pass in every game (regular season and postseason) he has played as a Patriot. As of Week 2 of the 2012 regular season, Welker also holds the all-time Patriots franchise record for receptions, breaking in just 79 games the record of Troy Brown who played more than twice as many games as a Patriot (192 regular-season games). Welker ranks third in receiving yards behind Brown and Stanley Morgan.
Yeah, it seems all he did was make mistakes....... :roll:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote:I pick Seahawks. Their defense WILL get to Peyton and shake him up. The Hawks are a more physical team than the Broncos have faced for a while. I don't think they are ready for the kind of hard-nosed football that is coming their way and it will show in the score.
As expected the Seahawks brought a brand of football that the Broncos were not ready for. Its looking more and more like a blowout.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

I am content.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

SoulBiter wrote:I pick Seahawks. Their defense WILL get to Peyton and shake him up. The Hawks are a more physical team than the Broncos have faced for a while. I don't think they are ready for the kind of hard-nosed football that is coming their way and it will show in the score.
TheFallen wrote:The glory days of Kriek and Largent are on the way back for the Seahawks... mark my words.
What a butt-whipping. Seahawks' defence was indeed awesome and Denver pretty much ineffectual in every area.

Manning's reputation as being shaky in a big game - despite the Colts' victory in Superbowl 41 - looks set to persist. However, it wasn't all down to him. It's impossible to pick an area where the Seahawks weren't massively better than the Broncos.

Seattle were frighteningly good all over - and a very young team as well. Any odds on them retaining the Lombardi next season?

The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I expect to see the league start drafting hard on defense and more teams will put together similar teams. The Seahawks played VERY well, however the Broncos were not as good as their record suggested and it made the Seahawks look even better. There are some teams out there that can mix it up with them and come out with a win, so they are beatable.

They will be in the mix next year, but I dont see a back to back SB.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

It was fun watching Peyton get crushed. But that's the kind of Pats fan I am.

Point: despite failing, screen-shot wise and announcer-wise it was still Peyton, Peyton, Peyton. My wife actually asked me who the QB was for the Seahawks at one point - she couldn't tell from watching the game.

Point: Broncos overconfident? "Confident, cocky, lazy, dead."

Return to “Sports”