2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

2013 NFL Whipping Post

Post by Mr. Broken »

Alright so my intent was to wait for the draft to start this years W.P. but with free agency, and the proposed rule changes , there is just too much going on.

Goodbye "Tuck Rule", its about time.

Heads up running backs? This rule is a disaster in the making, it is my belief that this will actually put players (RB's primarily) in even more danger. It would make more sense to eliminate headshots entirely.

I've been impressed by the Browns new front office, and I really like our haul of free agents, but Im holding out hopes that a way can be found to re- sign Phil Dawson.

I don't buy into the notion that the Raven's have been poached beyond repair, Ozzie is one of the sharpest G.M.s in the league.

The Dolphins are printing money.

Seahawks .... Wow!
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

the Eagles also seem to be printing lots of money.

the Pats lose Welker and Woodhead. likely that Edelman also bolts.

Ravens seem to ne losing a lot of players. so they should have a lot of cash?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

What NFL Draft? I hope the Browns trade down , the Dolphins, and Chargers have both been named as potential trade partners, and I don't see a trade with the Falcons being outside the realm of possibility, I think they believe themselves to be just one or two players away.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well the Browns didn't trade down, but Im happy with the pick of Barkevious Mingo (great dawgpound name), it seems they are committed to getting after the QB, and I have no problem with that.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Jets take Geno Smith. they now have five quarterbacks on the roster.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

sgt.null wrote:Jets take Geno Smith. they now have five quarterbacks on the roster.
And they all suck.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

and now the Jets cut the QB with the winning record, Tim Tebow. now they have Butt-fUMBLE Sanchez, David "haven't played in two years" Garrard, Geno Smith and McElroy.

it will be fun to see how bad the Jets will be this year.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

May Tim land with a team that will appreciate and harness his talents!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote:May Tim land with a team that will appreciate and harness his talents!

I agree. These guys look like they need some help.

;)
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

:|
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Savor Dam wrote:May Tim land with a team that will appreciate and harness his talents!
Such as they are.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

That's the opinion of that writer, dlb. From the contentious tone he set, it is clear that this is more a Tebow-bash piece than a serious analysis of the athletic merits of the man.

Like most such articles, it focuses far more on the attention Tim's worn-on-the-sleeve piety draws. I am no great fan of that, but it has as little to do with what happens on the field as does Michael Vick's record as a pet owner, Richard Sherman's tendency to mouth off, or the recreational use of drugs or women by other players. Admirable or not, none of these sideshows matter on the gridiron.

When Tebow has been allowed to play, it is clear that he has the skills. What few snaps the Jets gave him cannot be called allowing him to play. As a youth, as a Gator and as Bronco, his record speaks for itself...and the message is quite at odds with what the article you linked says.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

They never cease to amaze at their absolute lunacy...

The Detroit Lions drafted a punter in the 5th round. Since then, at least 7 other teams have signed free agent punters to new contracts.

:lol:
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

The Lions would be up there w/my Eagles, but they are just so bad. But, if Ziggy pans out, they should have a very disruptive D line, which is a must for good defense now a days. Especially w/a poor secondary, like they have.

Eagles draft was ok, tho weird they drafted a QB, I think Barkley? Maybe that means Kelly doesn't like Foles. I w/hold judgment on this guy, until Game 1 anyway...
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Tebow seems best suited as a utility player. With roster spots at a premium, Tim can be used as an h-back, fullback, tight end, kick holder, punt protector, special teams gunner, emergency third qb.

What's not to like?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Tebow seems best suited as a utility player. With roster spots at a premium, Tim can be used as an h-back, fullback, tight end, kick holder, punt protector, special teams gunner, emergency third qb.

What's not to like?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

What's not to like?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote:Tebow seems best suited as a utility player. With roster spots at a premium, Tim can be used as an h-back, fullback, tight end, kick holder, punt protector, special teams gunner, emergency third qb.

What's not to like?
Ummm...can he actually play competitively at all those spots? Or do people just think that MAYBE he can? And how much money will it cost you to find out?

It might be worth finding out by bringing him into camp/training/pre-season, or even just taking him for a team floating in cash or a team with desperate needs and NO cash.

But I don't think he's that good, and I doubt he'd price himself low enough to make it workable.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Well, he's a lot cheaper than Peyton Manning, to get the same result.

BTW, remember this guy?
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Vraith - if Kordell Stewart can play Slash, if Mike Vrabel can catch all those TD's, then Tebow can be utilized better.

The Patriots have used career wide outs in the defensive backfield. They have a converted qb at wide-out. It can be done.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”