How will THOOLAH redeem themselves?

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

How will THOOLAH redeem themselves after LD?

Total silence
19%
Denial, will continue to live in the 2nd Chronicles
56%
Say they were members of OPAL
4%
Jay will delete every thread that has THOOLAH in it.
No votes
Send Wayfriend gift certificates saluting LA's victory
4%
Ban HLT
19%

Total votes: 27

Cozarkian
Ramen

Post by Cozarkian »

I didn't join THOOLAH until reading FR. Linden and I had the exact same goal in that book, get to Andelain and revive TC so that I can read the chronicles of TC rather than the chronicles of the selfish, cowardly, full of despair LA.

There is nothing special about LA. SRD could have used the lawyer, security guard, accountant or even one of LA's assistants from the real world and I'd find it just as believable for them to accomplish everything LA has. Okay, I'll be honest, those other characters might not have been able to do the healing in Berek's camp. However, LA changed her personality shortly after, so the only thing special about her is now gone.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Cozarkian wrote:I didn't join THOOLAH until reading FR. Linden and I had the exact same goal in that book, get to Andelain and revive TC so that I can read the chronicles of TC rather than the chronicles of the selfish, cowardly, full of despair LA.

There is nothing special about LA. SRD could have used the lawyer, security guard, accountant or even one of LA's assistants from the real world and I'd find it just as believable for them to accomplish everything LA has. Okay, I'll be honest, those other characters might not have been able to do the healing in Berek's camp. However, LA changed her personality shortly after, so the only thing special about her is now gone.
With me it was the end of RotE that pushed me over the limit. When the false Covenant and Jeremiah arrived and she wasn't allowed to touch them her reaction tipped me into the arms of THOOLAH! Thank the Creator it was there or I might have turned my ire into less constructive channels 8O

THOOLAH!

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Cozarkian wrote:...read the chronicles of TC rather than the chronicles of the selfish, cowardly, full of despair LA.
Irony, defined.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Even though you are turning your back on THOOLAH, HLT, good topic.

THOOLAH!

;)

-jay
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Good to see HLT has reformed...

Linden's drive throughout the three books was consistant.

Get her son.

The three books have only been a 4 or 5 months in the Land.
Her first appearance was much longer.

Now that her son has his mind back, I suspect that TC and jerry will
play a more dominate role in the last book.

Besides when does the last book go on the shelf?
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Ur Dead wrote:Good to see HLT has reformed...

Linden's drive throughout the three books was consistant.

Get her son.

The three books have only been a 4 or 5 months in the Land.
Her first appearance was much longer.

Now that her son has his mind back, I suspect that TC and jerry will
play a more dominate role in the last book.

Besides when does the last book go on the shelf?
October 15th.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Gosh guys. Hasn't anyone just disliked a fictional character before?
I don't need to repeat myself in this thread. You need look no further than all of the other THOOLAH based threads on the watch to get my pov.

I'm here only to say that there isn't anything wrong or foul or unusual about hating Linden or any other fictional character that's ever been written and has been hated. I stand by that statement wholeheartedly. There have been other characters that I've hated much, much more than LA and I never felt guilty about my honest emotional reaction because all emotion is truth. It may be ugly and unpopular but a person's feelings are one of the most genuine things about them.

So I say again without reservation...Linden the Usurper Sucks!

Boy it feels good to be honest. Ahhhhhh.....

Oh and by the way long live THOOLAH! Long live honesty and truth!
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Linden Avery ----> Dues Ex Machina... :hairs:

:bounce03: :twirl: :ahem:

:3M:

:P
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Rau Le Creuset
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rau Le Creuset »

I hate linden kinda like the insequent hate the Elohim. Linden and I may share the same compulsive need to see the world of the land survive and we both may love this land... but that sure as hell doesn't mean I like her.

I may not like Ronaldo as a person or even a soccer player but I sure as hell love It when he gets a goal for team Portugal. (I hope that terrible analogy made sense,)
"I am He, that arrogant fool who thought he could thwart death itself with his money."
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

aTOMiC wrote:I'm here only to say that there isn't anything wrong or foul or unusual about hating Linden or any other fictional character that's ever been written and has been hated. I stand by that statement wholeheartedly. There have been other characters that I've hated much, much more than LA and I never felt guilty about my honest emotional reaction because all emotion is truth. It may be ugly and unpopular but a person's feelings are one of the most genuine things about them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Hear, hear! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sometimes it can be hard to be a THOOLAH member, having to put up with all this positivity towards Linden :( So it is really refreshing when someone comes along with a rousing speech like yours, aTOMic.

:Hail: :Hail: You are like the current High Priest of THOOLAH! :Hail: :Hail:

Long live THOOLAH!

u.
Are posted on the door,
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

aTOMiC wrote:Gosh guys. Hasn't anyone just disliked a fictional character before?
I don't need to repeat myself in this thread. You need look no further than all of the other THOOLAH based threads on the watch to get my pov.

I'm here only to say that there isn't anything wrong or foul or unusual about hating Linden or any other fictional character that's ever been written and has been hated. I stand by that statement wholeheartedly. There have been other characters that I've hated much, much more than LA and I never felt guilty about my honest emotional reaction because all emotion is truth. It may be ugly and unpopular but a person's feelings are one of the most genuine things about them.

Oh and by the way long live THOOLAH! Long live honesty and truth!
Preach on, brother!
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Long live THOOLAH!
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Two months to live...obviously, y'all are making them count.:twisted:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Savor Dam wrote:Two months to live...obviously, y'all are making them count.:twisted:
Ah, yes! Life is sweet! This time is winest-of-win for THOOLAH! We get to work up an ecstasy of fervour as our apotheosis approaches!

No matter how it turns out we cannot lose. If SRD manages the nigh on impossible we will have a whole series to read drenched in sweetness :biggrin: and if not we get to wallow in blaming Linden for the rest of our mortal lives :twisted:

It is non-THOOLAHites that I pity as always! Even if your side seems to win, it loses compared to the Enlightened! Your vindication will be swamped by the ecstasy our reconversion! We will prove beyond doubt that we were always the most avid, passionate lovers of SRD and his works, and you will once more shrivel in our shadows!

Either way enjoy your last days in the sun. Let ye look upon the ardour of THOOLAH and be dismayed!

u.

P.S Posting with fervour is great! I think that's the most exclamation marks that I've ever used in one post!
Are posted on the door,
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

ussusimiel wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:Two months to live...obviously, y'all are making them count.:twisted:
Ah, yes! Life is sweet! This time is winest-of-win for THOOLAH! We get to work up an ecstasy of fervour as our apotheosis approaches!

No matter how it turns out we cannot lose. If SRD manages the nigh on impossible we will have a whole series to read drenched in sweetness :biggrin: and if not we get to wallow in blaming Linden for the rest of our mortal lives :twisted:

It is non-THOOLAHites that I pity as always! Even if your side seems to win, it loses compared to the Enlightened! Your vindication will be swamped by the ecstasy our reconversion! We will prove beyond doubt that we were always the most avid, passionate lovers of SRD and his works, and you will once more shrivel in our shadows!

Either way enjoy your last days in the sun. Let ye look upon the ardour of THOOLAH and be dismayed!

u.

P.S Posting with fervour is great! I think that's the most exclamation marks that I've ever used in one post!
Best. THOOLAH. Post. Ever.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Wow. This really isn't a competition is it? Is there a THOOLAH vs LA thread out there somewhere?

This reminds me of the Superman vs Batman conflict. Even Batman lovers have to accept that in a decisive contest with Superman Batman is creamed...instantly...fatally and utterly.

The same is true about Thomas Covenant vs Linden (and isn't that what we're really talking about here? Linden annoyingly taking the center stage in the story away from TC?)
Thomas Covenant wins for a plenitude of reasons. First of all his name is on the cover of every book. SCOREBOARD!!!!!
Then there's the idea that Thomas Covenant IS the white gold. Linden can't hope to compete with TC in the realm of ultimate power since she cannot hope to conjure up the kind of passion that TC taps into. (NO!!! There is no way that some ill developed relationship with her adopted son somehow equates to...dammit! You've got me arguing old points again. I apologize. I promised myself I wouldn't go into all of this again in this thread.)

Bottom line Thomas Covenant has been and will always be THE protagonist in the Chrons. Not a side character that has been pinch hitting for 3 books while the superstar is temporarily on the DL.

LONG LIVE THOOLAH!!!!
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Methinks these THOOLAH adherents protest too much. The time when all is known approaches...

BTW, u, nice spin-doctoring there. Admitting that y'all may experience a "reconversion" when the ending turns out as we all know it must gives the THOOLAH contingent an interesting out...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote: BTW, u, nice spin-doctoring there.
Heh...I was nearly as surprised [in a good way] by that as by the Pope saying atheists can go to heaven.
It seemed enlightened.

However, the Vatican and most "real" Christians don't agree with the Pope.
And I doubt most of THOOLAH will agree with u.
[many may think the SERIES can be saved...but not Linden, any redemption will be in spite of her awfulness, it will not include her.]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Vraith wrote:And I doubt most of THOOLAH will agree with u.
[many may think the SERIES can be saved...but not Linden, any redemption will be in spite of her awfulness, it will not include her.]
I really only came to THOOLAH through the Last Chrons. But, even the die-hard THOOLAH-ites can fall back on their atavistic 2nd Chrons-dislike of Linden, if all else fails. There is no losing for THOOLAH members! Join us and you too can experience the sweet ambrosia of righteousness!

THOOLAH!

u.
Are posted on the door,
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

ussusimiel wrote:But, even the die-hard THOOLAH-ites can fall back on their atavistic 2nd Chrons-dislike of Linden, if all else fails. There is no losing for THOOLAH members!
The Habituated Obstinancy of Linden Avery Holdouts.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”