Boston Marathon

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Boston Marathon

Post by Menolly »

A sport I don't usually follow outside of the Olympics, but with the events at the finish line today, I am sure it will be a topic of discussion for days to come...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

my apologies.
Last edited by Cameraman Jenn on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

It already is, but in the Tank, where you do not go.

That it is being discussed there is appropriate. While what has happened occurred at a sporting event, the venue is not what is key to the discussion. This is a current events discussion with political and social ramifications, more than it is about the fact that it happened at the Marathon.

It has also been referenced in HDYFT, which is part of a forum you are willing to participate in.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Different Watchers visit different fora. We may get different input in the various threads. Politics can stay in the 'tank. How it may affect future runnings of big event marathons could be discussed here.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

London is the next international marathon, nu?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Dunno, as I don't usually follow the sport. But it will be interesting to see the security measures put in to place for it, if so.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Savor Dam wrote:London is the next international marathon, nu?
this is correct. sporting events are perfect targets. lots of people, usually tv broadcasting, hard to do security depending on the venue.

while you can check/pat search/metal detect everyone going into a stadium, what can you do for events involving a roadside?

running events and biking events are two I can think of. the Tour-De-France must be a nightmare to keep secure.

add car races that use city streets to the list.

and I see no problem having a separate discussion focusing on the sporting aspect of this.

a Celtics game was canceled because it doesn't effect the playoff scheme. the Bruins game was postponed, they will have to come up with a later date.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Runners are already talking about how they absolutely must attend next year's Boston Marathon.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

wayfriend wrote:Runners are already talking about how they absolutely must attend next year's Boston Marathon.
Practically the first "what's next" story I heard was the local news pondering how this will affect the Twin Cities Marathon...which immediately made me think next year's Boston Marathon will probably be the biggest they've ever had.

And I don't think that's a bad thing.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “Sports”