In Search of Schrodingers Cat*

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

No ... poetic justice is locking Shrodinger in solitary with a timer which will release a poison gas at some random time in the future. The cat slapping Shrodinger in the face when he opens the box is Stooge justice.

They are both elegant. They are both humorous. But girls don't find one of them to be funny.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

But Stooge justice comes in threes. And the final result is
a Moe that is Curly and Fine.

But your right.. Girls wouldn't find a Moe humorous.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I thought it was de rigueur these days when mentioning Shrodingers Cat to add the footnote 'no cats were harmed in the performing of this experiment'.

;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

peter wrote:I thought it was de rigueur these days when mentioning Shrodingers Cat to add the footnote 'no cats were harmed in the performing of this experiment'.

;)
It could have been a thought crime.
Thought cats are cats, too!
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

..... for which crime the most appropriate punishment must surely be a thought whipping!
:lol:
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

A mime is a hard thing to beat...
or the other day I thought I lost my mime.
But it was all an act...

Nothing to say?

Cat got your tongue? Schrodinger?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Ur Dead wrote:A mime is a hard thing to beat...
or the other day I thought I lost my mime.
But it was all an act...
Wait....
So....
A thought experiment is...
Mime over matter?

Mime listening...

Mime Hurry up, mime is money....

/sound of silence sigh

Mime walking down invisible stairs...

Mime in a box.

Mime Suprise face!!!

Mime "Whose cat's are these? Where'd they come from? Is THIS how you get a cat???"

Mime "The Thinker."

Lights out. Curtain.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Oh lookie it's the new comics superhero!

Vraith the Xanthian Punnisher!

:lol:

When Vraith is around even Deadpool doesn't say
"Hi I'm Batman"!
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

"Hi I'm Batman"!
When I wrote that I didn't know that that was said in DP2.
Later checking youtube I came across the vid and lo and behold!
There it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUwzr32o42A
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Ur Dead wrote:
"Hi I'm Batman"!
When I wrote that I didn't know that that was said in DP2.
Later checking youtube I came across the vid and lo and behold!
There it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUwzr32o42A
That's funny.

But, can I be an Immortal Punnisher? [or Punnisher Incarnate?]
Cuz that series is a shitload better than Xanth.
[[Assuming you even mean the Anthony connection, and not the ancient world or the DnD folk...Anthony seems most likely...though Xanthus is pretty Ur, history/date-wise...and the DnD folk are Anthony-sourced, I think...]]

OOOOrrrrrrrrr.....
Maybe no one knows till someone opens the box....
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

I'm a Piers Anthony fan.....

"Feel my Breeze!" :o 8O :?
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Xanthian Punnishment might be harder to take than Stooge Justice. Image
FindailsCrispyPancakes
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by FindailsCrispyPancakes »

it was 1935 and there was a whole list of things about the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics that he didn't like.

Ideas like wavefunction collapse triggered by the act of observation, superpositions and entanglement seemed absurd to him. The newly discovered Einstein-Podolski-Rosen (EPR) paradox seemed to be the final straw for him, so he came up with his thought experiment to once and for all disprove these concepts.

He could have just accepted the wavefunction as merely being a statistical tool, but like many physicists of the time he seemed to think of it as a real thing with a physical existence.

Of course 85 years later, EPR, superpositions and entanglement are part of the furniture of physics. Crucially, (as of yet) cats have proved to be of no value in determining the nature of these physical processes.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

This could have gone a lot of places, but I liked this thread and it's pertinent in any number of ways to peter's original questions...
I'd never come across this before, which seems strange...
Anyway, check it out if you have an interest is how we might get from quantum to cosmos without [perhaps] the fatal/irreconcilable contradictions of the current state of affairs.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/quantum- ... -20190722/

Return to “The Loresraat”