Book tour for TLD?

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

ElektroDragon
Servant of the Land

Book tour for TLD?

Post by ElektroDragon »

What are the chances that SRD will do a book tour/signing for The Last Dark? It seems like such a major release.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

It's totally up to his publisher, and funds for it will probably depend on how well his last book sold.

In other words, the odds are not great. :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

ED, the odds are excellent that there will be at least one SRD signing event for TLD. Be at Elohimfest and you will get your book signed, meet SRD...and a goodly cross-section of the Watch.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

aliantha wrote:It's totally up to his publisher, and funds for it will probably depend on how well his last book sold.

In other words, the odds are not great. :(
Still made bestseller list... I mean, Erikson did a book tour for Forge of Darkness ferchristsake. :lol:

I think the actual reason will be whether or not Donaldson wants to do a tour. He did not do it for AATE because he did not want to, and apparently the publishers were loathe to comply with this request.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”