First Time Reader

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

First Time Reader

Post by deer of the dawn »

Finally reading Game of Thrones. I have not seen the HBO show at all.

I'm about 10% in (reading on Kindle, so no page numbers) and so far I LOVE it. The writing is so evocative. He does throw a lot of characters at you in the first 5 chapters, but they are distinct and memorable enough for it to work. And already so much tension: "Winter is coming."

I started reading it a few months ago but realized I was too busy with life in general to give it the attention I could tell it deserved; things are winding down a little now and I'm glad I waited!! :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

It gets better --- but a sad, sad story.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Glad you're enjoying it. Look forward to the third book, that's where the best is.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I'm about 1/3 in now. Love the interwoven stories and the characters. Hope to see more character development because that is interesting to me personally; even more so than a great plot.

Plus, the land where it all takes place has a character of its own and plays a big part, which is awesome.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”