Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

He probably isn't dead. If he is lucky he is on the run or in hiding; if he is not lucky then he is in prison.

I am curious now how Hydra will be involved with Ultron. Is he one of their special pet projects which grew beyond their control or will he be fulfilling the mission they programmed into him?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So, season finale: Interesting things afoot.

Ward still alive, so can't rule out him being allowed back onto the team at some point.

Raina has a connection to Skye's parents...

And the TAHITI stuff is doing weird things to people's brains. Wonder what that will all be about. Can't help but think that the next Marvel movie is Guardians of the Galaxy, and they're careful with their timing of these things. They're introducing weird space stuff at this point in the MCU timeline...

(What's the rest of their movie schedule, by the way? Is it really just GotG then nothing until Age of Ultron?)

Finally, how are they going to rebuild SHIELD when they're still all wanted fugitives?
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Captain America 3 has already received the green light and is set for release in 2016. Thor 3 has not gotten a green light yet but that should happen in the next couple of months. Ant Man has a July 2015 release date but I do not know how--or if--it ties in with the rest of the Universe at this time. There was talk of making a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo but nothing has materialized as of yet. In short, besides Avengers 2 and GotG I know of nothing in the works which will advance the plot arc involving Thanos and the Stones...other than the fact that by the end of GotG the Collector should have two of the six. I wasn't certain how he was going to get his hands on the Tesseract until the end of Thor 2--"Odin" will make a deal of some sort.

I still think my wife's suspicion is correct: Loki did what he did in New York, and is still doing what he is doing now, because he is trying to get both Earth and Asgard ready to meet Thanos. Without his machinations neither one would have been able to survive what is coming.

Marvel Studios needs to hurry, though. Actors age--sometimes die--or get bored being stuck playing only one character. Even if they want to wrap up this whole Thanos storyline quickly it will take them until 2020, and that would be featuring one movie per year as part of the plot.

Still no live-action Dr. Strange movie. *tsk* Richard Armitage as Dr. Strange, anyone?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

They've said they're fine with the idea of changing actors over the years. This is going to be an endless franchise if they have their way, not one set of stories with one set of actors that ends.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I'm Murrin wrote:So, season finale: Interesting things afoot.

Ward still alive, so can't rule out him being allowed back onto the team at some point.

Raina has a connection to Skye's parents...

And the TAHITI stuff is doing weird things to people's brains. Wonder what that will all be about. Can't help but think that the next Marvel movie is Guardians of the Galaxy, and they're careful with their timing of these things. They're introducing weird space stuff at this point in the MCU timeline...

(What's the rest of their movie schedule, by the way? Is it really just GotG then nothing until Age of Ultron?)

Finally, how are they going to rebuild SHIELD when they're still all wanted fugitives?
Just watched the season finale last night--I still get delayed because I don't have cable service and ABC wants me to verify before watching and I refuse to subscribe to cable just to watch one or two shows.

Quinn still doesn't know about the surprise in his gravitonium.

Although not Fallout New Vegas, I think it still qualifies as "That Gun".

Mike Peterson, now his own man, will be back in Season 2 and will still be forcing himself to walk the path of being a lone wandering hero.

Fury always considered Coulson to be an Avenger. Okay. Also, now that he is the Director, I agree--how will they rebuild and regain credibility when still on everyone's "bad guy" list? Eventually, of course, the people who thought Coulson was dead will find out that he is, in fact, alive and well.

Now....that thing that Garrett and Coulson were drawing on the wall...it looks like blueprints for something. Is it the same design that was on the chalkboard in that Russian lab that Ward and Fitz got into? Wasn't it also on a lit panel in the base where TAHITI was based? There are no words on it, as far as I can tell, so the key to understanding the design is in the design itself. Why hasn't Skye drawn it yet?

So far, they have captured or killed only one escapee from The Fridge.

All things considered, I was quite pleased with this season. A couple of weak episodes here and there but every show has those when it is starting. Now they know what not to do so next season should be even better.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Re: Fridge escapees, I noticed that, but in the same ep they said they were sending the details to others who could help deal with them.
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Why hasn't Skye drawn it yet?
First off, Skye isn't quite human, though we don't know yet what she is.

Also, Coulson's drawing was triggered from seeing Garret's drawings.
ItisWritten
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So what do folks think of the new season? I think it's ticking along rather well - it's a lot better than the first half of season one, even if it's not really reaching the heights of greatness. Lot of potential, and it's improved since the beginning.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Mockingbird on SHIELD

now I have to watch the show.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So Agents of SHIELD is where they're introducing the Inhumans to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, apparently.

It's not been made explicit, but it's pretty clear that that's the most obvious explanation for what Skye's parents are/were. They're Inhumans; they have Kree DNA and that's why they can access the Kree technology without going insane or dying.

Skye's mother's fate is interesting. Apparently an unaging immortal, she was completely taken apart and Whitehall had every bit of her he could possibly take implanted in his own body, which caused him to become (apparently) immortal. She didn't appear to have any kind of powers to defend herself with, unlike Skye's father who has some sort of insane rage thing going on...

They must be withholding the names of these two characters for a reason.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So...
Spoiler
Raina and Skye have been exposed to the Terrigen Mist, and gained their powers. Raina changed into something weird, with claws, spikes on her skin, and cat's eyes, and she vanished from the room immediately, no idea what she is or how she did that. Skye still looks completely human. And the other Inhumans know it's happened. This show is going interesting places.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

All I know is that this season has far more "hook" in it.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Oh. I hadn't realised this, but we do know who Skye is now. (Info from comics, not the show.)
Spoiler
Daisy Johnson, the SHIELD agent known as Quake, who has the power to control vibrations - she can bring down whole castles, or burst someone's heart in their chest, from what I've seen in the comics.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Good catch, and confirmed in that her father did call her Daisy in that last episode.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

We also know who Skye's father is (which also verifies Skye's identity).

When he met Skye, he introduced himself as Cal.
Spoiler
This seems to be a reference to Calvin Zabo, or Mister Hyde who is also Quake's father.
I think, though I am not certain, that Raina will end up being
Spoiler
Tigra.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

they are changing the history of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the comics. rumored to be for aligning them with the Avenger's film and tv universe.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yeah, in the MCU they're going to be Inhumans, because Marvel can't use the word "mutant" in their films.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I'm Murrin wrote:Yeah, in the MCU they're going to be Inhumans, because Marvel can't use the word "mutant" in their films.
the problem with selling different properties to different studios.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Marvel developing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff for ABC wrote: Huge news for Agents of SHIELD fans. Not only is a third season of the action-adventure series pretty much guaranteed, but Marvel is quietly developing a spinoff for ABC.

We’re told a spinoff is being developed by SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and SHIELD writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost, Hawaii Five-0).

We don’t know is which characters from the current series will be moving over to the proposed spinoff – so let the speculation being on that. There won’t be an implanted pilot episode this season directly setting up the spinoff, either (like how CW launched The Flash out of Arrow). However, story elements that are still to come on SHIELD this year will be used to lay the groundwork for the potential new series. So by the end of the season – assuming the details for this project haven’t already leaked, which is rather unlikely – the spinoff concept should be clear.

Under the best-case scenario, the spinoff would hit ABC as soon as this fall. But there are other timing possibilities too, including midseason. Of course, the spinoff also might not even happen. Not only is SHIELD not yet officially renewed, but ABC has yet to select which of its crop of pilots will receive series orders – decisions that could impact the SHIELD spinoff plan.

SHIELD currently averages 7.4 million viewers and a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49, when including seven days of DVR playback. If greenlit, the spinoff would expand Marvel’s TV empire yet again. On ABC there’s SHIELD and Agent Carter (that latter, we’re told, has about a roughly 60 percent chance of returning for a second season). Plus the studio has its multi-title Netflix slate in the pipeline which launches tomorrow with Daredevil. ABC does not comment on current development, and Marvel had no comment.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Wonder if they're eyeing an Inhumans TV franchise to set up the movie.

Return to “TV Shows”