Countdown to TLD!

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

Will be setting my alarm an hour early tomorrow - the Kindle version should be downloadable by 5am EST I hope? Then can get a couple of hours of it under my belt before work.

The iPad may have to be left at home tomorrow, otherwise it will end up being an all day read-a-thon at the office.
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

21 hours!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

thranathiril wrote:Will be setting my alarm an hour early tomorrow - the Kindle version should be downloadable by 5am EST I hope? Then can get a couple of hours of it under my belt before work.

The iPad may have to be left at home tomorrow, otherwise it will end up being an all day read-a-thon at the office.
It should be ready for download right after midnight.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I'll be downloading and burning the Audiobook Tuesday evening. I want to finish listening to the Pern book I'm on first, so, I don't lose my place.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Don't want to gazump the countdown, but I was able to get my preordered copy today. They must send out the overseas copies ahead of time so that they are available for the official date itself.

I'm on p. 60 and galloping along nicely! :biggrin: I hope everyone else gets their copies tomorrow.

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

iTunes is posting this book as "available for download".
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

sindatur wrote:I'll be downloading and burning the Audiobook Tuesday evening. I want to finish listening to the Pern book I'm on first, so, I don't lose my place.
Pern books? I'll have to check those out.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

dlbpharmd wrote:
sindatur wrote:I'll be downloading and burning the Audiobook Tuesday evening. I want to finish listening to the Pern book I'm on first, so, I don't lose my place.
Pern books? I'll have to check those out.
Yea, you can get all Pern in Audio, except the short book Nerilka's Story (at audible.com, which is Amazon.com's Downlaod Audiobook site, you use your Amazon account)

I finished the first 2, working on the 3rd one (Book 1 of Harper Hall Trilogy) and will switch to TLD when the Pern book is done. And then on to Doctor Who before returning to Pern
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

sindatur wrote:I finished the first 2, working on the 3rd one (Book 1 of Harper Hall Trilogy) and will switch to TLD when the Pern book is done. And then on to Doctor Who before returning to Pern
...waiting anxiously for sin's verdict on this favorite of mine...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

TLD is here!

Our long journey that for so many of us began more than 35 years ago with the release of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever ends today.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Checked my Audible Library this morning, and the Audiobook is there. It'll be about a week before I finish my current Pern Audiobook, so, I'll download tonight and start burning CDs, and should have them finisshed by the time I am ready to lsiten to it

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

sindatur wrote:Checked my Audible Library this morning, and the Audiobook is there. It'll be about a week before I finish my current Pern Audiobook, so, I'll download tonight and start burning CDs, and should have them finisshed by the time I am ready to lsiten to it
I downloaded it and started listening to it on my iPod on the way to work.
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

My Kindle had my copy ready and waiting this morning... now to finish FR and AATE... and avoid this forum until I do!!
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Bloody UK... bloody staggered issue dates.

Got to wait till the 17th here. It's enough to make me vomit. :hithead:
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

Post by wayfriend »

Went out for lunch, and came back with mine.

TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Oh that's right... why don't you all just carry on dripping salt-laden lemon juice into the paper cuts rending my soul.

And before any wannabe bright spark has any bright ideas... I hate Kindles and I dislike audio books.

Grrrrrr
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

TheFallen wrote:Oh that's right... why don't you all just carry on dripping salt-laden lemon juice into the paper cuts rending my soul.

And before any wannabe bright spark has any bright ideas... I hate Kindles and I dislike audio books.

Grrrrrr
So, then you're saying if you weren't spoiled, you could get an electronic version right away :P

heh, I won't be able to start on mine until after the 17th, and I have the electronic version in my hands already

So, wait, how did Melon boy get his already? Is he Ireland? I'd expect Ireland and UK to have same release date?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

There's at least one Waterstones put theirs on sale today - saw it on Twitter. Think it might have been Leeds. Not my local one, though.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

wayfriend wrote:Went out for lunch, and came back with mine.

Heh. I was there when that picture was taken... :)
Rau Le Creuset
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rau Le Creuset »

i gotta wait until the 17th. but I aint even mad.. I got like 50 pages of aate left so im good with it.

..okay maybe a little bit mad
"I am He, that arrogant fool who thought he could thwart death itself with his money."

Return to “Against All Things Ending”