Countdown to TLD!

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

iQuestor wrote:
wayfriend wrote:Went out for lunch, and came back with mine.

Heh. I was there when that picture was taken... :)
Me too...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Gee...there must have been a LOT of people in Way's office when this picture was taken!

Yeah, Yeah...I know. The picture of Way with SRD, not the larger photo...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

sindatur wrote:
TheFallen wrote:Oh that's right... why don't you all just carry on dripping salt-laden lemon juice into the paper cuts rending my soul.

And before any wannabe bright spark has any bright ideas... I hate Kindles and I dislike audio books.

Grrrrrr
So, wait, how did Melon boy get his already? Is he Ireland? I'd expect Ireland and UK to have same release date?
Me too. I'm even more miffed that Canteloupe Man seems to have got his copy on the 15th. Honestly, I've been outsmarted by a piece of soft fruit - what has the world come to?

Actually I suspect he ordered a US copy off an international site - is there no end to his melon machinations?
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Yes I suspect you're right!

I'm getting a copy from the local bookstore which will have it on the 29th in Oz. I still have some rereading to finish so that's ok!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Menolly wrote:
iQuestor wrote:Heh. I was there when that picture was taken... :)
Me too...
It's an awesome picture. Something I didn't know I wanted until someone gave it to me. The best things are often that way. :wink:
Stevo
Servant of the Land

Post by Stevo »

Mine came in the mail today! I still have 154 pages to read in ALTE, so now I need to get to it and finish it! My timing was just a little off! :)
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

TheFallen wrote:
sindatur wrote:
TheFallen wrote:Oh that's right... why don't you all just carry on dripping salt-laden lemon juice into the paper cuts rending my soul.

And before any wannabe bright spark has any bright ideas... I hate Kindles and I dislike audio books.

Grrrrrr
So, wait, how did Melon boy get his already? Is he Ireland? I'd expect Ireland and UK to have same release date?
Me too. I'm even more miffed that Canteloupe Man seems to have got his copy on the 15th. Honestly, I've been outsmarted by a piece of soft fruit - what has the world come to?

Actually I suspect he ordered a US copy off an international site - is there no end to his melon machinations?
No machinations, they hurt my poor soft soul :lol:

I pre-ordered it over the summer and it seems to have arrived early. Some of the larger multiples may have central processing so that may slow it down.

I actually got it on Monday and I'm on p. 174 now and enjoying doing a read-along and comment in Z's thread. Sorry! :twisted:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
chricinda
Servant of the Land

Post by chricinda »

First time I ever pre-ordered a Kindle book but it was weeks ago so I wasn't paying attention to the release date (I know, but life is busy!)-- Then just finished my re-read of AATE on Monday night (can only read after kidling goes to bed!).
I re-opened my Kindle Tuesday night to find something else to read and watched in serendipitous wonder as TLD downloaded!
:D
Chricinda
librarian/photographer
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Welcome to the Watch, chricinda!

Great story about watching Amazon fill your Kindle with TLD. Enjoy the reading...little-by-little between kiddie bedtime and your own.

May you thrive here and contribute.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Krilly
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Krilly »

My purchase was a double edged sword.

I picked it up on my work break on the 15th, and have enjoyed reading it since--just started book two. Unfortunately, it seemed my fiance had bought it or had planned to buy it for my birthday... and now I have forced her back to the drawing board with my birthday only a couple days away. She was kinda ticked.

"Don't buy yourself things before your birthday!"

"But... it's the 10th and final book in my favorite series! I couldn't wait!"

That's been a common trouble of mine for having a birthday that falls on Chronicle release dates. :roll:
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Krilly wrote:My purchase was a double edged sword.

I picked it up on my work break on the 15th, and have enjoyed reading it since--just started book two. Unfortunately, it seemed my fiance had bought it or had planned to buy it for my birthday... and now I have forced her back to the drawing board with my birthday only a couple days away. She was kinda ticked.

"Don't buy yourself things before your birthday!"

"But... it's the 10th and final book in my favorite series! I couldn't wait!"

That's been a common trouble of mine for having a birthday that falls on Chronicle release dates. :roll:
That's been a common trouble of mine for having a birthday that falls on Chronicle release dates. :roll:[/quote]
Solution - Give her your copy as an Early Birthday present and then buy her the rest of the Series on the day of her actual Birthday :R :biggrin:

My lover and I had run up against this kinda thing with other Hobbies many times
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, chricinda.
Be Well Come and True.

Hop on over to the Say Hello in Here thread in The Summonsing and introduce yourself.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Krilly wrote:"Don't buy yourself things before your birthday!"
I would normally have to agree with your fiancé there ... but clearly this is an exceptional situation!
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I'm still in anticipation mode - one week until TLD! I must say, I'm getting more antsy than I thought I would - I thought I'd be more controlled. Dammit!! That's what I get for living in the arse end of the arse end of the world... (but at least I'm not where Av is :P [joking])
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I have to wait a week as well, godsdamnit!

I bet Sea didn't have to wait *grumble*
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ha, unlikely. She even gets her name in the front of the book.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

One day I'll have my name in the front of a book. Or on the front.

GAH!
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

One more day, vs!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

Condign
Ramen

Post by Condign »

One more day here too. ARRRGGGHHH I cannot wait. Also waiting to hear whether I get into my University course - I'm told 'any day now'. The wait is killing me.
A copious vocabulary is no substitute for intelligence.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I went to a couple of local bookstores and it hadn't arrived yet. Mofo's!!! Apparently the "truck" will deliver it this afternoon sometime. They're sooo helpful - makes me question my loyalty! I'll head back there in a couple of hours.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

Return to “Against All Things Ending”