The Biggest and The Best

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

The Best reason there are no Salt Mines in the Land......The Worm!!
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Best advertisement for LL Bean......Linden's flannel shirt!
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Best Marketing Opportunity Missed.." Be The First!!..New Individualized Grass Stained Jeans!!...hhmmm..its not too late...
pg4 TLD
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Best Franchise in The Land...Handor's Dry Cleaning. " We Specialize In Robes!"
pg4 TLD
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Best " Pogo" moment,,,Thomas in the wightwarrens realizing ..this is where they live..have wives, have children..etc......Pogo= " we have met the enemy and the enemy is us!"..
pg4 TLD
MikeW
Servant of the Land

Post by MikeW »

Best wimp-out: Kasty at the Fane.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Best "You wouldn't want to put your foot in that" moment. Foul's 'pulping' trick on Rodger at the end. 'Euww!'
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

While all of the author's descriptions of the Andelain are of sobering beauty, the last one such descriptive in the epilogue; its depth touches on enduring.
pg4 TLD
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Agreed Lurch - rarely have SRD's writings trawled such depths.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Best Team work since Jordan/Pippin,,Linden/Jeremiah saving The Elohim.
pg4 TLD
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Good ones, all.

For me:
Best Character (Assuredly): The Mahdoubt.
Biggest Surprise: Linden resurrecting Covenant; or Cov proposing to Linden.
Most Kick-Butt moment: "Show me the TRUTH!"
Happiest Moment: Jeremiah's liberation
Most satisfying: Stave's joke (surprised peter didn't mention it)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

The Biggest and The Best

Post by SleeplessOne »

lurch wrote: The Strangest,,Weird,,but possibly Honest....the author giving the Waynhim all those female bodies to inhabit...okay okay okay,,then that makes all us guys ur-viles,,okay..and don't forget...we are all demondim spawn..
I got the impression the ur-viles/Waynhim being given female bodies hinted at a future capacity for fertility and reproduction - or did the text specifically refute that ? I have to read it again, I rushed certain parts in my enthusiasm :biggrin:
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Sleepless..sure, , fertility and reproduction is part of the deal, but still..it just strikes me such an odd thing,,maybe even a bit of humor there. To me, its a Best Odd or Best Strange or..well you get the idea. I know it bodes well for the Waynhim,,but for the female spirits..or embodiments..ahhhhmm..being taken over by a little grey wormy krayboo...Seems to me thats an item for further discussion,,of course with humor..
pg4 TLD
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

The Biggest and The Best

Post by SleeplessOne »

lurch wrote:Sleepless..sure, , fertility and reproduction is part of the deal, but still..it just strikes me such an odd thing,,maybe even a bit of humor there. To me, its a Best Odd or Best Strange or..well you get the idea. I know it bodes well for the Waynhim,,but for the female spirits..or embodiments..ahhhhmm..being taken over by a little grey wormy krayboo...Seems to me thats an item for further discussion,,of course with humor..
assuredly!
It was definitely one resolution that I didn't see coming whatsoever ..
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Most Indebted......tough call...Stave indebted to Linden, how many times did she save him from death?..and vis versa..? Jeremiah to Linden..yea...the Last Chrons are about the distance Love may have to take to finally touch some one,,so even TC indebted to Linden is of consideration...but then...that makes me indebted to the author the Most.
pg4 TLD
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Most Robt. Heinlein moment...Waynhim getting the Womens' bodies..( I Will Fear No Evil)..
pg4 TLD
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Best 'Rolling Stones' moment - "It's, like, a rainbow!"

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

as per kevinwatches hint..

The Best Gobbeting...chapter 4 TLD..
pg4 TLD
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Best Bob Dylan Moment[s];

TC to The Ardent "Hey Mr Tamborine Man!"

Manethral Marthir to Linden [glancing at the black clouds overhead "A hard rain's gonna fall."

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Best Cover Art of the LC...TLD...once one realizes whats going on while the pictured takes place..with the additional bon mot..gold medallion encircling this phrase.." The Climax of the Entire Thomas Covenant Chronicles"...indeed..
pg4 TLD

Return to “The Last Dark”