The Latest Potentially-Explosive Racially-Charged Murder

Archive From The 'Tank
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I was referring to the totality of WF's posts going back years.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

TheFallen wrote:The rest of the world tends to lag about 5 to 10 years further back.
Usually I would agree but many countries, including throughout Europe, have seen the election of populist, nationalist figures in recent years, think Turkey, Philippines, Greece, Russia, Serbia, Hungary, Poland, Brazil, Venezuela, hell, too many to name...
I'm hoping that over here at least, our legendary innate British reserve and sense of self-irony protects us form the worst excesses of... binarism?
Here's hoping. Politically it might not, but socially I believe it will.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Once Harris takes over I'm wondering how far the media will go to protect her once there is a police related shooting? They already ignore black on black shootings. They already ignore murders in cities run by Democrats. How will they balance the need to protect Harris and the desperate need of BLM to be on tv blaming the systemic racism that has allowed for a black president and a black vice president all in the space of five years.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Would think that as long as the officials don't ignore it, media won't need to do anything but report.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

The media report? Not in this country. The media crafts a narrative. The media attacks those it does not like and protects those it does.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Right now, if another black person gets killed by police the narrative will still be "the systemic racism in the United States, led by a racist President, is allowing police to hunt down black people". Once Biden and Harris are in office, the narrative will be "the Federal Government is trying to drag local law enforcement kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, but there is only so much they can do since they don't control local law enforcement". In other words, right now it is still Trump's fault but in 6 months it will be the fault of local police.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Although that's true, and the media is a shameful joke, there's more to it than that. Trump made it clear that racism was not a concern. Instead of focusing his answer to questions of the condemnation of racism on the condemnation of racism, he consistently tried to turn the focus to the condemnation of the left. Legitimate though that topic is, it's a different conversation. As president, he can start that conversation, and tweet about it, any time he wants. But he always choose to come down on the left when asked about racism, more than he came down on racism. His position is clear. And when that's the president's position, racists don't feel the need for self-restraint. In that sense, some of the blame is Trump's.

Knowing the new administration's position on racism, which I suspect they will clearly denounce, as EVERYONE should, as some here refuse to do, repeatedly, without the need to try to focus the attention on other enemies, racists might not feel as free to act.

Of course, none of this means every killing of a black person by a white police officer is racially motivated.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

What is the new administration"s stance on racism? I know they support BLM...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

We will see how they answer the question when they are asked the question.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Well their support of a Marxist organization that trades on lies and false narratives about race is not comforting. The fact that the vice president to be finds criminals to be brave is concerning.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

I guess they are brave to have to face her as prosecutor. She has quite the record of locking people up.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Kamala Harris - hero of the downtrodden.

https://splinternews.com/why-oppose-a-d ... 1832816713
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Harris won't be a prosecutor. We have no idea who Biden's Attorney General might be at this time.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.

Return to “Coercri”