The Latest Potentially-Explosive Racially-Charged Murder

Archive From The 'Tank
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:

Ms. Lebwohl and I engage in identity politics. We voted to elect a black man as Chair of the Republican Party of Texas (he is now also Leibeschoen's commanding officer, since she is in his regiment) and we will be voting for a Puerto Rican Texan (whose wife is Mexican) for Congress. We had supported our county's Vice Chair of the GOP who was Muslim, until he stepped down so people would quit bitching about him.

I am trying to figure out where the racism in the Republican Party is, because based on direct personal experience I do not see it. The reason I don't see it is because it doesn't exist.
What's funny is that Hashi basically said the Vice-Chair of the GOP stepped down after people were complaining about him being a Muslim.

Such tolerance. Wow. :wink:
Since I know more about what happened with that event than you do, allow me to educate you on it. One lady in Arlington--one--bitched and bitched on social media, gaining a few followers, to the point where the chair of the Tarrant County GOP and his Muslim vice-chair both stepped down. This lady is still bitching about the new chair because...well, because she is not the chair and she has nothing in her life except complaining that she is not the center of attention. What this means is that the Tarrant County GOP is not full of racists, only that it has one squeaky wheel that likes to make a lot of noise. That is not "racism" but "being spiteful and petty". Thank you for playing, though.

Fist....black people being killed by police is never going to stop because some of them will always be criminals--incidentally, there are more white criminals than black criminals because of underlying population demographics--and some of them think they are going to be able to fight back against the police. In other words, black people being killed by police will not end until crime itself ends, which should happen when the next-to-last human being dies out (the last human being, by definition, cannot commit any crimes because at that point they are the law).

My point has always been this: the blm thinks that only police killings are a problem, completely ignoring the more insidious and harmful situation.

In the meantime, riots which are supported by The Left will still continue to happen until Biden wins, after which the Democrats will need the riots to end.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

One squeaky wheel ha6d never caused someone to step down ... when they have the support of their party.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

wayfriend wrote:One squeaky wheel ha6d never caused someone to step down ... when they have the support of their party.
Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:My point has always been this: the blm thinks that only police killings are a problem, completely ignoring the more insidious and harmful situation.
Racism is the most insidious and harmful situation, and you refuse to speak out against it.
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:In the meantime, riots which are supported by The Left will still continue to happen until Biden wins, after which the Democrats will need the riots to end.
sgt.null wrote:Fist - we have discussed it. The riots continue because Democrats allow them to continue. They believe it will hurt Trump in the election.
It wouldn't matter who supported them if the ground wasn't so fertile for them. Racism needs to be fought. It needs a spotlight on it, so it can't hide. At the very least, its existence needs to be acknowledged. Sadly, that is not going to happen here. Speaking out against the Left and/or Democrats is all that matters. You are unshakably dedicated to polarizing the country, completely ignoring the more insidious and harmful situation. Which is ok, because, as we all know, if something is ignored, it goes away.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Fist - how are blacks stopped from achieving in America? What rights do they not enjoy? What job or political office in America are they prevented from holding?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

IDK, why don't you ask them rather than speak for them?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:IDK, why don't you ask them rather than speak for them?
I'm not the one on here saying racism is so bad they can't succeed. I'm not on here saying police are hunting them down. If these things are true, why won't any of the liberals here post the stats?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Blah blah blah

No one ever said that blacks can't succeed. Just because someone has a non-zero probability of success does not mean there is no racism.

You make pathetic strawman arguments, which is apparently all the right can do.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Yes, there are racists. You seem to know an excessive amount of them. But your being so well acquainted with racists so comfortable in your company that they can be so upfront with their evil is different than systematic racism thst is oppressing a whole group to this day.

You describe a Texas that I've seen in movies but not in the 24 years that I've actually lived here.

You've mentioned the James Byrd murder in passing. For those who don't know about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

I don't know of anyone who celebrated the evil "men" who did that. My experience is the exact opposite. People where horrified it happened. They wanted the "men" responsible to be executed.

"James Byrd Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African American man who was murdered by three white supremacists in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Brewer and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pickup truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious for much of his ordeal, was killed about halfway through the dragging when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. The murderers drove on for another ​1 1⁄2 miles (2.4 km) before dumping Byrd's torso in front of a black church and cemetery in Jasper."

"Brewer and King were the first white men to be sentenced to death for killing a black person in the history of modern Texas. Byrd's lynching-by-dragging gave impetus to passage of a Texan hate crimes law, which later led to passage by Congress of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, commonly known as the Matthew Shepard Act, in 2009. Brewer was executed by lethal injection for his involvement in this crime by the State of Texas on September 21, 2011. King was executed by lethal injection at the state penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas, on April 24, 2019. Berry was sentenced to life."

The only people objecting to the punishing of the murderers were (to my knowledge) liberals.

https://www.itemonline.com/news/local_n ... 4badb.html

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news ... 791513.php

My takeaway from the anti-death penalty liberals is that even in cases with overwhelming real evidence is that They believe guilty people should not be put to death. But pro abortionists believe in the outright genocide of innocent life. I'm not sure how to reconcile that?

Maybe it's because Democrats want murderers and rapists to vote while in prison?
https://youtu.be/CgLYjbg1MJw

If Biden wins, Bernie could be in his cabinet.

Other than guaranteeing abortions the Democrats seem intent on not addressing women's rights.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

wayfriend wrote:One squeaky wheel ha6d never caused someone to step down ... when they have the support of their party.
I did this time. It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not--I know the people involved and I watched it happen.

If there were actual system racism, as is claimed, then black Americans would be prevented from succeeding. This is demonstrably untrue, therefore the fundamental premise is flawed. Individuals may be racist, which is both ugly and not a crime, but institutions are not that way any more. Sill, I suppose I should advise my black IT Director that he is not allowed to succeed--he may not have gotten the memo.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Zarathustra wrote: The Democratic party currently exists for no other reason than to correct society's social injustice. And this injustice is supposedly caused by evil people on the other side. It's all they've got. That's their mission statement.
You know what would be hysterical??? Working on those things, so the Democrats have NO mission statement! Am I a genius??? :lol:
Racism isn't holding black people back. Black men abandoning their children (blacks are overwhelmingly raised in single-parent households), black children dropping out of school (blacks drop out of high school at the highest rates of any race), and blacks pursuing lives of crime are causing the racial disparities in outcomes. This is a problem they can fix themselves. They don't need a political party to correct society. They need to look in the mirror and become masters of their own fate. Republicans encourage independence, empowerment, and success. Dems only offer to be the savior of helpless dependents. I think the former is more positive and not as insulting.

It's bad for police to kill anyone unnecessarily, but I think a handful of highly sensationalized events have been blown way out of proportion. 4 or 5 videos don't define a nation. Even if the outrage is entirely justified for each event (which it isn't, in the case of Michael Brown, obviously, and to a lesser degree for others), it's still a logical fallacy to generalize these extremely rare events into a systemic problem that requires one political party to take over our government and reshape our society.

It's about Democrat power. Only a simpleton believes they actually want to "fix" society. Remember, Obama and nearly every other major Democrat leader was against gay marriage until their own voters dragged them kicking and screaming to the issue. We could go down the line for almost every currently popular Dem issue. They don't FIX these issues. They merely CAPITALIZE on them by tricking dumbasses into thinking they care.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I was for gay marriage before both the Clintons and Obamas.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

sgt.null wrote:Fist - how are blacks stopped from achieving in America? What rights do they not enjoy? What job or political office in America are they prevented from holding?
The problem is the other side of the coin.
-If you do not believe black people get pulled over for DWB...
-If you think a black person could walk past police with a rifle the way Kyle Rittenhouse did...
-If you think a white professor at a college would be treated the way Danielle Morgan was, required to prove she lived in the house when she answered the door, and told the college owned it, not her...

on and on...

And if you think living under these conditions does not shape a person...

then the very best that can be said about you is that you are willfully ignorant.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Zarathustra wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:
Zarathustra wrote: The Democratic party currently exists for no other reason than to correct society's social injustice. And this injustice is supposedly caused by evil people on the other side. It's all they've got. That's their mission statement.
You know what would be hysterical??? Working on those things, so the Democrats have NO mission statement! Am I a genius??? :lol:
Racism isn't holding black people back. Black men abandoning their children (blacks are overwhelmingly raised in single-parent households), black children dropping out of school (blacks drop out of high school at the highest rates of any race), and blacks pursuing lives of crime are causing the racial disparities in outcomes. This is a problem they can fix themselves.
I agree. The problem is that you will not discuss the topic of racism. I do not know how it is that you, and others here, cannot see the difference between racism against black people, and the problems within the black community. I find it extraordinary that you cannot see the difference between these two topics. In fact, I do not believe you cannot see the difference. And so I must ask myself why all of you refuse to acknowledge the topic of racism against black people, and continually try to change the topic to the problems within the black community.

Zarathustra wrote:They don't need a political party to correct society. They need to look in the mirror and become masters of their own fate. Republicans encourage independence, empowerment, and success. Dems only offer to be the savior of helpless dependents. I think the former is more positive and not as insulting.
So do I. Not sure why you're saying any of this to me. As I've said, I think Trump is a buffoon (and, since the Republican Party chose him as their champion...), but the Democratic Party is insidious. Frankly, I don't think Trump has the sense to keep his mouth shut about anything he does wrong, while the leaders of the Democratic Party are trying to hide what they do wrong. So we're better off with Trump. It is sad beyond expression that the very definition of "the lesser of the evils" is the US Presidency.
Zarathustra wrote:It's bad for police to kill anyone unnecessarily, but I think a handful of highly sensationalized events have been blown way out of proportion. 4 or 5 videos don't define a nation. Even if the outrage is entirely justified for each event (which it isn't, in the case of Michael Brown, obviously, and to a lesser degree for others), it's still a logical fallacy to generalize these extremely rare events into a systemic problem
I agree. These events are not how I know there is a problem with racism in the US. I've simply been explaining why these events get such a huge reaction; why the ground is so fertile for someone who wants to turn things into riots. The prime cause is racism.
Zarathustra wrote:that requires one political party to take over our government and reshape our society.

It's about Democrat power. Only a simpleton believes they actually want to "fix" society. Remember, Obama and nearly every other major Democrat leader was against gay marriage until their own voters dragged them kicking and screaming to the issue. We could go down the line for almost every currently popular Dem issue. They don't FIX these issues. They merely CAPITALIZE on them by tricking dumbasses into thinking they care.
Again, not sure why you're saying this to me.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
sgt.null wrote:Fist - how are blacks stopped from achieving in America? What rights do they not enjoy? What job or political office in America are they prevented from holding?
This is the sort of logic which says that both the Billionaire 🏦 and the Bum 🏚️ are free to eat from the dumpster.

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Fist - oddly enough blacks are allowed to openly in open carry states.
https://news.yahoo.com/black-gun-rights ... 00061.html

I'm not for open carry BTW.

For every example you provided we can find incidences where it happens to everybody. When I was single I got stopped all the time by the police as a pedestrian. I have never driven a vehicle.

I guess i was too ignorant to not use it as an excuse.

Wos - the best way out of poverty? Get a job, keep that job.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

F&F, I am on a soapbox. Not all of my points address you directly. I often use one person’s post as a springboard to say what I would have said regardless.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Zarathustra wrote:F&F, I am on a soapbox. Not all of my points address you directly. I often use one person's post as a springboard to say what I would have said regardless.
Fair enough. Kindly disregard the 2nd and 4th parts of my response.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Z, not sure what you're trying to get at with that rant about Democrats and issues like gay marriage.

From a pro-gay marriage perspective, it's just good that they eventually supported it, even if it took time to get there. America is a fairly conservative country compared to many other Western countries, and change does not happen overnight.

Republican voters could say the same thing about the GOP and the border wall. They were against it until Trump ran his campaign based on building a border wall. Of course, he hasn't really fulfilled this promise and he immediately caved upon taking office and said it should be a border fence rather than a wall. Many Trumpists are frustrated over that because in their minds, Mexicans can easily scale a border fence.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - have actually been to the border wall? I have in Brownsville. The only problem with the wall is getting Democrats to want the protection it serves more. Why Democrats want an artificial supression on wages for American workers is mind-boggling. Not to mention the drugs smuggled in. The human trafficking. The sex slavery.

But hey, possible Democrat voters, right?

https://time.com/5339634/dont-ask-dont- ... niversary/
The Clinton administration did that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marriage_Act
That was the Clinton administration too.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Coercri”