ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I pinged her about it on FB just now. If the rest of y'all who are FB friends with her would do the same, maybe she'd make it a priority.... ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I know, I totally suck! I don't have final cut pro anymore so on Thursday I need to go and get some new video editing software that's compatible with pc rather than my old final cut for my mac that died. I uploaded the video but it needs some sound filtering stuff that is just not going to be fixed with windows media. I'll have to reload the footage after I install the software so that I have it in the right editable format and then work on it. I'm sorry it's taking so long but these past few months have been a bit messed up with work and my crazy 55 plus hour work weeks. (still going on by the way)

I went back a bit in this thread since I have been so absentee and Uus sus sus miel (insert genesis sususudio beat when reading that) thank you for your kind? words. This past efest was full of familiar and beloved faces and new and newly beloved faces. What an amazing eclectic and wonderful bunch of intelligent and wonderful people. You guys totally rock. So many wonderful memories. U, you are right about me and the Cag gang, there is a reason we say were were identical twins separated at birth. One of my fave moments is from the restaurant in the Haamis when I was torturing Damelon and he turned around and hit me three times with his baseball cap and then when I was unsuspecting he turned around and hit me again just for good measure. Oh and by the way, we never did find out if you found out if Cord Hurn likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain or if he likes making love at midnight. :D There were so many great moments, dlb, your face when you wree the first victim to receive inapproipriate texts I sent you during the barbecue was so priceless it's forever in my mind. I love you. Iolanthe, the moment you laughed so hard you almost hyperventilated was the moment I knew I had broken your proper English manners and brought out your inner bad girl. Loved that and love you. Cag, when Nathan told me that you had told him I was you in female form he didn't believe it until ten minutes into meeting me and I was already giving him grief. Bossk, be careful when you pull me into "santa's lap" because you will always get more innuendo than you bargain for. Loves all three of you guys. Aliantha, Lorin, love you guys and how we mesh, need I say more? Creator and Lucimay, I'm so happy you found your happy, Love you so much. Lurch, I had all my crap in storage so thanks for being the photographer instead of me and thanks for being Mr Fixit and the voice of sanity again, yes, love you too... love you all. I too wish I had more time with some of the watchers than I did and that's on me, but I am glad of the time I had. Romeo, always a pleasure, love you, Juliet, can you age please so I don't look so ancient in pics next to you?, and yes loves you.
Sarge, as always, you are awesome but I was sad that Mrs. Null didn't want to hang out long, she was missed, you are both loved. Johnny Redleader, just break my doorhandle on jeep vader why don't you? Hahahahahha,
Wayfriend, your visit was too brief, as was the visits of everyone else. SD, pleasure meeting your family, Cord Hurn, thank you for all the flattering compliments, it's always nice when a handsome gentleman makes me blush by telling me I'm pretty. Menolly, thanks for arranging the birthday dinner and it was just an amazing time. Again, you all rock hardcore and I know that I regret not having had in depth convos with so many others who were there so briefly, rdhopeca, Coz, etc. going back and forth between coordinating events and being a social part of them can be tricky and time consuming.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

:wave:

We're all going to post how we miss you now. So come back and read it, please.

Also, please post routinely while you're at work. That's what we all do. That way you have no excuse about working too many hours.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

way is right! We miss you terribly and need you to post and blather like times of yore (and most importantly edit and upload that video to SRD's website :lol:)

BTW, thanks for the kind words! That Jen/Cag, Bossk, Nathan amoeba thingy was weird and strangely disturbing to experience. I still have occasional nightmares! 8O

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Wait...was I there? I don't remember a thing.

And U - I keep think you are referring to Nathan specifically as the "amoeba thingy" as I think he wore his Amoeba Records t-shirt at some point while we were there, which cracks me up.
Like any good family, you fall back into the old roles you had way back when. So it only makes sense that it happens when Bossk and Nathan and I get together. Jenn, however, is a different matter, but is a welcome addition. It's funny as I was listening to an old cassette tape of Nathan, Bossk and I, and it was said that Bossk was the a-hole, I was the obnoxious one, and Nathan was the dumb one. To Nathan's credit, I think he is the only one of us to change his perceived view from others. I would have a hard time calling him dumb these days.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

dlb, your face when you wree the first victim to receive inapproipriate texts I sent you during the barbecue was so priceless it's forever in my mind. I love you.
Damn you, I worked so hard to get that outrageously horrific image out of my mind, and now I've just had a flashback. Thanks! ;)
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Who loves you dlb-baby?? I do!!!

Cag - twins forever buddy!!!

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I've decided to unsticky this thread because it's over a year after the date and hasn't really had traffic since that date. Any objections, please message me. :)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Seareach wrote:I've decided to unsticky this thread because it's over a year after the date and hasn't really had traffic since that date. Any objections, please message me. :)
Objection!
Not really.
But I am wondering...wasn't there supposed to be vid of some of the proceedings [especially the SRD interface], that was going to be made available somewhere, someday?
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

There was. Jenn is the one to pester...if you dare.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

- But what if she can't notify us that the videos are ready because she can't find this thread ... because it's not sticky?!?!
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Yes, Jenn is dealing with the video. It would be nice to see it for those who weren't able to attend. Jenn, if you're about, maybe there'd be someone here willing to edit the video if you haven't got the time.
wayfriend wrote:- But what if she can't notify us that the videos are ready because she can't find this thread ... because it's not sticky?!?!
Ha! Jenn is a clever cookie! I'm sure she'll make a new thread if all else fails! :)
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Seareach wrote:I've decided to unsticky this thread because it's over a year after the date and hasn't really had traffic since that date. Any objections, please message me. :)
To sticky, or not to sticky! How I miss the old fights! :P ;)
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Creator wrote:
No fight going on here. I've made a decision. I'm just waiting for someone to convince me it was the wrong decision! ;)
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Creator wrote:
You could be a mod again and get in on these fights if you actually stuck around and posted! ;)

-jay
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I miss you guys.

that's all I have to say about that...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm actually trying to resolve a windows stupid 8 recognizing my cameras plural issue. I've tried with three that all use mini dv digital tapes and so far can't get it to download the vid. I may have to take it to a specialty shop and have it converted which is going to be not just a pain in the butt but expensive as well. My Mac which had all my video stuff on it died during my brief stint in Omahell. I've also just started a new job so that has been my main concern lately....

I haven't forgotten and I love you all.

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

:wave:
If I can be of any assistance, just give me a call! I myself have an old Hi-8 tape camera, and I needed to install a firewire card to upload to my computer. If your camera provides a USB2 connection, you don't have that hurdle, and can be grateful. Windows 8 isn't really horrible, but you probably need to go to your camera makers' website and find the requisite drivers and install them. That's something I can help with if you need it. (You can tell me what's good editing software as payback, if you'd like.)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Cameraman Jenn can be motivated by White Gold Dollars! She is half way to her goal of buying an Item from the Aumbrie.

I pledge 33,000 wgds to Jenn if she should get a EFest4 video up online.

Anyone else want to make a pledge?
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

I would pledge a big wedge for that, but she's already got them. Maybe I can demand them back instead! :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”