ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Yes, If I recall properly, Frosty made a comment about being with out internet access for a while. I have tried to contact her as well. Hopefully dpharm, you will have more luck than I.

If it is decided, I raise my hand to volunteer a dissect of Chapter 9. Thanks D.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

lurch wrote:Yes, If I recall properly, Frosty made a comment about being with out internet access for a while. I have tried to contact her as well. Hopefully dpharm, you will have more luck than I.

If it is decided, I raise my hand to volunteer a dissect of Chapter 9. Thanks D.
Frostheart hasn't checked my PM, so please go ahead with a dissection of chapter 9. Thanks for volunteering!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

okay D, I'm on it...
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Thanks, Lurch!

Damelon will post his dissection in a few days, then we'll be back on track.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Hi guys,
I haven't been well. Three-ish weeks of daily headaches, massive catastrophe at work last week which swallowed loads of extra hours, and have spent most of the ongoing week on sick leave. Thanks lurchy for picking up the chapter. :hearts:

Well, I'm not going to hide the fact that the constantly diminishing participation and the frankly astonishing comments about certain portions of the Watch "deserving to be buried" have affected my enthusiasm. I'm glad lurch and Hurn have gentlemanly continued the discussions come bane or boon, but that's just two regulars left, and even the irregulars have ceased surfacing. I don't understand the lack of involvement here; one does not have to adore every syllable of the book to participate. Not the first time I've mentioned this either, but more akin to the dozenth. The trend is nothing but discouraging, considering that we haven't even hit the 50% mark of the book. I thought the fest consensus was all about keeping the board alive. :-I
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

..Well, first priority is that you are alive Frosty. I hope you continue to get well. And thanks for your kind words.

I enjoy the works of SRD. I enjoy thinking , dissecting, his work. And, of course, I enjoy putting my thoughts down in black and white and posting them here. I hope for perspectives, observations, and thoughts from others . But, I can only be responsible for my own participation and my own abilities.

I ask for help in understanding his work. I know there are other ways of perceiving SRD's work. Perhaps its a time thing. Perhaps its a personality issue. Perhaps its just an issue of being overwhelmed. TLD went in a direction that not too many believed TCoTC was about or going to,,so , perhaps, a start over is just too much of a daunting task right now...Perhaps its just too difficult for some to ask foe help. ..Perhaps its easier to just post about other SRD work elsewhere and put this dissect on the back burner..time.

I can't. There is no back burner any more. As Orilion pointed out,,things change when one sees the end game..When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, you realize the importance of Now. It should be there all along, but..oh well.

So, there is an importance to getting down in black and white. It will come to everybody sooner or later.
pg4 TLD
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

lurch wrote: I can't. There is no back burner any more. As Orilion pointed out,,things change when one sees the end game..When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, you realize the importance of Now. It should be there all along, but..oh well.

So, there is an importance to getting down in black and white. It will come to everybody sooner or later.
:hug:
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Lurchy, I'm wondering if we might swap chapters. I haven't been in any state to sit prolonged periods of time at my home computer right now, but the end of September is far away...
Frostheart wrote:Now where's everyone else?
???????????????????? :?:
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Yes Frosty, thats a good idea!..And if the day comes too soon, let us know. I am at the point where..I have no favorite chapter. They all exceed my expectations in some manner. Its yours . May you have Joy in the dissect of it...I mean..save and damn it..no,,no, geez, I am Not my failurs, I am Not my failurs,,Okay, okay,,alls I've had this morning is a lone cup of coffee,,so, this one works..May you be like the End of World WORM,,and devour it wholeheartedly .
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Which chapter(s) are you referring to?
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

d,,okay,,to make it official,,since I dissected Pt1 Chapter 9..Frosty will do Pt2 Chapter 1, A Tale Which Will Remain,..We trade.
pg4 TLD
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

lurch wrote:Yes Frosty, thats a good idea!..And if the day comes too soon, let us know. I am at the point where..I have no favorite chapter. They all exceed my expectations in some manner. Its yours . May you have Joy in the dissect of it...I mean..save and damn it..no,,no, geez, I am Not my failurs, I am Not my failurs,,Okay, okay,,alls I've had this morning is a lone cup of coffee,,so, this one works..May you be like the End of World WORM,,and devour it wholeheartedly .
:banana: :grinlove:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I should have Chapter 10 up tomorrow. I got sidetracked yesterday after I heard about Robin Williams.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Absolutely understandable that you would be distracted.
What a [string of expletives deleted] shame...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Dondarion
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dondarion »

I know I am not a regular member of the Watch (rather new actually), but I signed up to dissect Part 2, Chapter 3 (Summoned to Oppose), when newbies were being courted to take the plunge. And by Jove, it will ne done, count on it. I started posting replies early in TLD dissection chapters, but it has been kind of difficult to stay with it. But that doesn't mean I don't care, or that I don't often return to find solace and comfort from all y'all. Special kudos to those of you who have stayed the long course. Do not despair, but instead find strength from the weakness of us dormant watchers. The key is we're still watching. We may yet surprise you! See it through!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

lurch wrote:d,,okay,,to make it official,,since I dissected Pt1 Chapter 9..Frosty will do Pt2 Chapter 1, A Tale Which Will Remain,..We trade.
I completely forgot that this trade had been made! Frosty will have a dissection up in a few days.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Danlo has indicated that he is unable to do the current dissection:
Chap 4: Reluctances - Danlo Oct 31st
Do I have a volunteer to step up and fill in? Danlo believes he will be able to do the next chapter.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Me! Will need about two and a half weeks.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Ok, thanks! I'll re-schedule subsequent dissections once you've posted the current chapter.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I have re-scheduled the remaining chapters. Danlo's up next!

Return to “Last Chronicles”