ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Effy has asked for a few extra days to complete her dissection.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Understood. Her unique perspective on this chapter is sure to be worth the wait.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Should I still aim to post the Epilogue dissection on May 15th?
"Verily, wisdom is like hunger. Perhaps it is a very fine thing--but who would willingly partake of it."
--Saltheart Foamfollower

"Latency--what is concealed--is the demonstrable presence of the future."
--Jean Gebser
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

No, please wait til Effy has posted her dissection. I'll PM a reminder to you.
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Sure, no problem. I'll give a two week space from when Effaeldm posts You Are Mine.
"Verily, wisdom is like hunger. Perhaps it is a very fine thing--but who would willingly partake of it."
--Saltheart Foamfollower

"Latency--what is concealed--is the demonstrable presence of the future."
--Jean Gebser
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

With Earthbrah's post of "The Soul in which the flower grows," our dissection of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is complete!

Thus ends a project that started here on KW more than 10 years ago. When I first came to the Watch in September 2003, dissections of TCoTC were well underway. I was thrilled to read thoughtful, well written dissections of my favorite story!

I think I became involved as a mod when the dissection for TWL commenced, circa 2004. Back then, the make up of dissectors was obviously different. We had Watchers like Skyweir, Matrixman, Fist&Faith, Duchess of Malfi and many others, and sadly some are no longer active members, some gave up on the Last Chronicles, and some have gone on to Eternity. But, others came to take their places. I believe these dissections will stand as long as KW stands, and barring a ceasure, I hope that will be for a very long time indeed.

I am grateful to every dissector and poster who has contributed to this massive project. Each of you have contributed to my understanding of and appreciation for my favorite story. It has been a fun, informative and enlightening 10+ years!

Thanks,

Don
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

dlbpharmd wrote:Thus ends a project that started here on KW more than 10 years ago. When I first came to the Watch in September 2003, dissections of TCoTC were well underway. I was thrilled to read thoughtful, well written dissections of my favorite story!
Really, I think the Group Readings are the best part of Kevin's Watch! When I came here as a "lurker" in January 2009 (led here from SRD's website), the chapter dissections were what I most loved to read, as it was like a sustained conversation of KW members over the years about this or that section of a book. I still hope to contribute comments about chapters from the preceding Covenant books in the coming months! Thanks for your dedication in leading us through this, Don!!

Return to “Last Chronicles”