ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

"Back from the Brink", please.

And "Shamed Choices", if I am to have a second.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Thanks, WF!
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

"Chap 7: Taking the Risk," please! :)
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:"Chap 7: Taking the Risk," please! :)
Thanks!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Part One needs to be sealed up and delivered so may I finish it off by dissecting Chapter 6, Promises Old Promises New,,which btw, imho, is one of the most subtle chapters masterfully written?
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

lurch wrote:Part One needs to be sealed up and delivered so may I finish it off by dissecting Chapter 6, Promises Old Promises New,,which btw, imho, is one of the most subtle chapters masterfully written?
OK, Lurch!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Well ,,there needs to be some volunteering to dissect the remaining chapters if there is any hope to having the Dissect done by E'Fest in June...So I'll step forward and volunteer to dissect ..Part two, " the abyss and the peak" chapter 1: A Tale Which Will Remain...okay, maybe June completion is overly optimistic but where is every one? A good thread gets around 20 hits within 24 hours or a bit more...and of course more hits with Time, even without one response. So I know there are a lot of folks visiting this site and for good reason. I also know that there are 24 chapters to TLD.. C'mon newbies and ole folks,,Its NOW..Jump in Now before your chance is taken away.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Just to maintain some perspective, when the last Elohimfest was held, we only had dissected two or three chapters of AATE.

Realistically, we will not complete the dissection of TLD before the 'fest this June. Even if a dissection receives the rapid response lurch alludes to (and few chapter dissections draw that much response that fast), there still needs to be a decent interval between chapters to allow discussion, lest we just blow through the whole book on afterburners with many chapters just getting an initial dissection and no discussion.

That would be a grave disservice.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The chapter is yours, Lurch!

SD is correct - with a 2-week interval between chapter deadlines, we won't be close to finished - in fact, if we don't find some more dissectors soon for Part 2, we might not have started!

Of course, we could step out on faith and start the dissections, trusting that the remaining chapters will be filled by the time we get to them. What say ye, Dissectors of the Watch?

[edited for typos]
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

I'm thinking the " dissect" be held in the TLD section..for higher visibility rather than any where else...I mean,,this is it folks..the last book, the summation of the summation, so..I am not impressed with the turn out to dissect..this is a chance to make history. This is a chance to show what the Internet is all about...a chance to say..We Did This...What a chance!! Where is everybody?...Maybe a Banner Ad ACROSS THE HOME PAGE would get'er done..Seriously for all the fans extolling themselves of late,,where are they?

Push come to shove ,once this begins,,maybe some interest will be generated for others to jump in..and of course , the already involved will see to keep the dissect moving along as well. So, I can only suggest to find a way to give this thing one more Big Hype,,,see wha happens in two weeks,,and then move forward. I have the first chapter done and waiting on my desk top,,well,,howabout my thoughts on the whole Part 1 in a folder on my desktop..Yea..this work is deserving of a lot of respect imho. And I realize I mite be a special case so I can wait. So if we wait,,can we get a Big Hype on the front Home page while we are waiting?.. Just a Orange banner with Yellow letters saying ,",Join the Fun, Sign Up For TLD Dissect Now!.".and a link provided. ??
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

For consistency's sake if for nothing else, we'll need to hold the dissection here in this forum, under the "Group Readings" header.
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

c'mon D...TLD is ALL ABOUT Breaking the Mold,,getting out of the box..realizing more choices than you thought..Consistency?..we don't need no stinkin Consistency!!...;) .How about moving the Group Readings to a its own special section or heading? In other words..a newbie or guest sees it right from the home page rather than having to click thru a few headers before arriving. ..? I see this last book of the chronicles as something special; an achievement.

Seriously, Howabout sending the Banner idea up the flag pole with the rest of the mods ,admins and owners? Run it for two weeks then forward with the dissect no matter what..

On a bigger scale..turning the Dissect, the E' Fest, groupfests around the world and little celebrations here at KW,,into a year long Celebration of Donaldson is an opportunity begging for realization. Stephen may not want the publicity but his work demands it. Celebrating his work is a worthy endeavor and especially easy on the Internet...just an idea..
pg4 TLD
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

er...lurch, dude. Group Readings already IS a top-level forum listed on the home page of the Watch. :P
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Savor D, I was poor to making my point..something like....THE LAST DARK DISSECT AND DISCUSSION HERE..is what i had in mind.. When fini or within reasonable amount of time after wards..it all can be moved to wherever. But,,making it a Celebration ,,taking it a notch up from all else..seems to me respectful and easy enough to do.
pg4 TLD
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

dlbpharmd wrote:What say ye, Dissectors of the Watch?
I'm all for it, dlbpharmd! By the way, I have just finished my dissection of Part II, Chapter 6: "The Aid Of The Feroce".

May I now have Part II, Chapter 2: "Toward Confrontation"?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cord Hurn wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:What say ye, Dissectors of the Watch?
I'm all for it, dlbpharmd! By the way, I have just finished my dissection of Part II, Chapter 6: "The Aid Of The Feroce".

May I now have Part II, Chapter 2: "Toward Confrontation"?
Thanks!

Only 4 chapters left!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

May I acquiesce to starting the dissect at any time now? I have faith if any so inclined , will volunteer for any of the remaining 4 chapters left . If not , they can be covered easily enough by a current dissector.

Its my opinion that the act of putting ones thoughts down actually helps in understanding the work.
pg4 TLD
Dondarion
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dondarion »

Okay, I am a newbie, but I have read and enjoyed all your dissections to this point, and so I feel I owe it to the group to heed 'The Call', and volunteer for Part 2, Chapter 3: "Summoned to Oppose".
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

lurch wrote:May I acquiesce to starting the dissect at any time now? I have faith if any so inclined , will volunteer for any of the remaining 4 chapters left . If not , they can be covered easily enough by a current dissector.

Its my opinion that the act of putting ones thoughts down actually helps in understanding the work.
Yes, you may. I'll post the timeline after you've started the new thread.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Dondarion wrote:Okay, I am a newbie, but I have read and enjoyed all your dissections to this point, and so I feel I owe it to the group to heed 'The Call', and volunteer for Part 2, Chapter 3: "Summoned to Oppose".
Thanks!

Return to “Last Chronicles”